2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rich dun like footy cos gay lol

:lol: Rich, man. Think of what's waiting in the other end of the WC, man. Get your fill now, cause the king is on the way.

Won't be watching that shit like :lol:

:lol: Rich, man. Think of what's waiting in the other end of the WC, man. Get your fill now, cause the king is on the way.

:lol: Riiiiiiiiiight. We're all gonna watch it like dickheads.

I'll watch when I have to, otherwise it's not happening.

Not me, LIKE. I'm not at all interested. I'm an International guy now. Might get into FC St. Pauli.

Already seen a pic today of the King at SJP. It brought back the hatred. As soon as Rich sees a free kick floated up to Willo he'll be begging for the WC back

Struggling to string three passes together, thinking about that time he was sick of watching Messi play. :anguish:

What 'context' would you like? :lol:

See the above post. As it's near impossible to separate the individual from the context of his team, role, competition they're playing in, etc I think it's risky business giving too much importance to these numbers when comparing them side by side. Statistical analysis has a role to play in football, but you've got to be comparing like for like otherwise the numbers are meaningless.

A great example is comparing Demba Ba's pre-Cisse and post-Cisse scoring records with us. If you remove all context, it looks like Ba's form completely dropped. You need the context of knowing he was being played in a wide position to figure out what's really going on.

Another example would be Jozy Altidore's scoring record in Holland. The numbers alone are meaningless without context.

You can't compare Messi's all-Barca career to Ronaldo's career looking just at the numbers, which is why I'm focusing on their current talent, attitudes, performances.

Actually, those stats were derived in context, the article had a whole segment trying to separate Messi's numbers from the impact Barca has had on his numbers. Not to be a jerk, but try reading it during halftime, I'd be curious what you think afterwards.

I'll take a look in a few, see what they came up with. But it'll have to be some work of genius to separate out the fact they've played for completely different clubs at different levels, in different countries for their entire careers.

Barcelona and Madrid are in the same country for the time being at least

But they are different clubs. There's not a single like-for-like factor in their careers.

Guess we can't say Ronaldo is better than Dean Whitehead then.

We can, because when you add in the context Ronaldo is a better player. If you look at the technique, fitness, etc it's no contest.

Stats only work in apples to apples comparisons. For the rest you have to use your brain.

:lol:  Ronaldo, having won less, scored less, assisted less, looked worse, achieved less internationally and been less critically acclaimed is a better player?

Bizarre.  Possibly you saw some 'context' in the king that we all missed for so long.

:lol: That's quite the distortion of my premise.

You can't compare two sets of numbers derived in different ways and expect a meaningful result. It's basic science and remains true whether you choose to accept it or not.

Messi may well be the "better" (whatever that means, given how subjective it is) player. I said as much. But it's not because numbers say so.

:lol: I don't buy it, man.

:lol: I don't buy it, man.

I missed loads of games at the back end of last season after throwing in the towel. Working during most of them helps, though.

What 'context' would you like? :lol:

See the above post. As it's near impossible to separate the individual from the context of his team, role, competition they're playing in, etc I think it's risky business giving too much importance to these numbers when comparing them side by side. Statistical analysis has a role to play in football, but you've got to be comparing like for like otherwise the numbers are meaningless.

A great example is comparing Demba Ba's pre-Cisse and post-Cisse scoring records with us. If you remove all context, it looks like Ba's form completely dropped. You need the context of knowing he was being played in a wide position to figure out what's really going on.

Another example would be Jozy Altidore's scoring record in Holland. The numbers alone are meaningless without context.

You can't compare Messi's all-Barca career to Ronaldo's career looking just at the numbers, which is why I'm focusing on their current talent, attitudes, performances.

Actually, those stats were derived in context, the article had a whole segment trying to separate Messi's numbers from the impact Barca has had on his numbers. Not to be a jerk, but try reading it during halftime, I'd be curious what you think afterwards.

I'll take a look in a few, see what they came up with. But it'll have to be some work of genius to separate out the fact they've played for completely different clubs at different levels, in different countries for their entire careers.

Barcelona and Madrid are in the same country for the time being at least

But they are different clubs. There's not a single like-for-like factor in their careers.

Guess we can't say Ronaldo is better than Dean Whitehead then.

We can, because when you add in the context Ronaldo is a better player. If you look at the technique, fitness, etc it's no contest.

Stats only work in apples to apples comparisons. For the rest you have to use your brain.

:lol:  Ronaldo, having won less, scored less, assisted less, looked worse, achieved less internationally and been less critically acclaimed is a better player?

Bizarre.  Possibly you saw some 'context' in the king that we all missed for so long.

:lol: That's quite the distortion of my premise.

You can't compare two sets of numbers derived in different ways and expect a meaningful result. It's basic science and remains true whether you choose to accept it or not.

Messi may well be the "better" (whatever that means, given how subjective it is) player. I said as much. But it's not because numbers say so.

Ok, i'm sorry the nasty numbers hurt your feelings.

Not me, LIKE. I'm not at all interested. I'm an International guy now. Might get into FC St. Pauli.

:lol: Vamos Las Palmas or whatever.

Rich spent the protest fund on platinum club tickets to the Kings show

I bought a sense deprivation chamber to go in when our games are on.

:lol: Waste of cash. Nothing deprives the senses like King footy.