2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sewelly, did you make that spreadsheet?

MYM could easily play himself into the cup team by turning it around here. Hopefully he does for us and himself. Would be happy to see all of our lads there.

Guest Roger Kint

So the way the pots work we will be in Pot 3 right? The amount of people on Facebook claiming to have already booked their flights to have the first week and our opening game would it be difficult to get to if we were drawn in Group D where that game is in Manaus?

Sewelly, did you make that spreadsheet?

MYM could easily play himself into the cup team by turning it around here. Hopefully he does for us and himself. Would be happy to see all of our lads there.

Yes I was very bored last night. I've got it slightly wrong though, Colo didn't go in 2010.

eeeek! eye watering!

The Price of Football - World Cup 2014

Ticket: £58-£112

Final ticket: £281-£632

Hotel: £146-£797 per night

McDonald's meal: £11

Average dinner: £29

T-shirt: £13

Sun cream: £9.50

Water: £1.28

Imported beer: £3.83

Domestic beer: £1.91

Coffee: £2.55

UK packages range from £2,999 to £14,999

Figures compiled by BBC World Service

?beeb journos fiddling their expenses bill?

I think that price range is for full-on mugs who will buy every bit of plastic tat that is thrust under their nose.

Anyone off here planning on going?

For a World Cup in Brazil, I think I have to at least try tbh.

Looking at £50 per night per person for a dorm room like in Rio/Sao Paulo, no doubt it'll be a bit cheaper elsewhere like.

Looks about £800 for the cheapest return flights picking a couple of June dates at random. Shudder to think how much your internal flights would be though.

Can't imagine there is much camping infrastructure in Brazil unlike some of the past places.

Be worth it though, a) It's the World Cup and b) Brazil is class even before you add a).

Looking at £50 per night per person for a dorm room like in Rio/Sao Paulo, no doubt it'll be a bit cheaper elsewhere like.

Looks about £800 for the cheapest return flights picking a couple of June dates at random. Shudder to think how much your internal flights would be though.

Can't imagine there is much camping infrastructure in Brazil unlike some of the past places.

Be worth it though, a) It's the World Cup and b) Brazil is class even before you add a).

That's not bad that, expected it to be totally unaffordable. Problem is not knowing where the games will be I suppose. And tickets obv.

That's not bad that, expected it to be totally unaffordable. Problem is not knowing where the games will be I suppose. And tickets obv.

That's it like, unless your not arsed where you go / who you see you'll have to wait until December to book up.

Plus for e.g. You could easily be draw in a group where you play in Brasilia, Salvador and Manaus - none of which are remotely near each other.

Guest Roger Kint

That's it like, unless your not arsed where you go / who you see you'll have to wait until December to book up.

Plus for e.g. You could easily be draw in a group where you play in Brasilia, Salvador and Manaus - none of which are remotely near each other.

Looking at Rio-Manaus prices its about £3/400 return with 1 stop. God knows about some of the others too so can see people being stranded in Rio(hardly a bad thing like) rather than near to England games

Guest Roger Kint

Big chance I'll be in America (north side of it though) by the time this rolls in... wonder if it's cheaper to travel from NYC to at least see a game.

Seen someone on FB priced up Vegas for a few days then to Rio and it was much cheaper so you could be in luck.