2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/12/england-world-cup-slogan-bus

Some truly hilarious stuff in there:

Holland

Real men wear orange

Australia

Socceroos: hopping our way into history!

:lol:

"Enjoy it, Reds"

South Korea appear to have already given up.

Love the double exclamation point on England's, too.

I think the idea is that we put these guys under ridiculous and healthy pressure every four years, so let's not do it this time.

Reckon Tevez isn't there because he and Messi are shit together.

Tevez's record for Argentina is pretty poor and apparently he's quite a disruptive influence when he doesn't play or gets asked to play slightly out of position.

Wow, that Dutch squad is underwhelming, hadn't realized they were amidst such a talent drought for their standards

:thup:

That's why I've been saying that I think Chile and Spain might go through comfortably. Unfortunately Vidal might not be matchfit come the first games of the World Cup but hopefully that doesn't affect them too much. The dutch look really weak on paper and on the pitch. Even France beat them 2-0 in a friendly.

You do love spitting Karma in the face, don't you.. :lol:

Don't worry your team is still better than Brazil in case we play you in the last 16 ;)

Scolari announced the 7 reserves for the World Cup from which he according to FIFA has to pick from in case someone gets injured.

Diego Cavalieri

Rafinha

Miranda

Filipe Luis

Lucas Leiva

Lucas Moura

Alan Kardec

ALAN KARDEC? So if Fred gets injured we're going to see Jo and Alan Kardec at the World Cup :lol: :lol: Also what I expected regarding Coutinho, he was never even close to going to the World Cup.

So our reps going to the world cup are:

Australia: Curtis Good

France: Moussa Sissoko and Mathieu Debuchy

Holland: Tim Krul

Ivory Coast: Cheick Tiote

Nigeria: Shola Ameobi

Is that it?

Not bad. Better than having Craig Moore as our sole representative.

So our reps going to the world cup are:

Australia: Curtis Good

France: Moussa Sissoko and Mathieu Debuchy

Holland: Tim Krul

Ivory Coast: Cheick Tiote

Nigeria: Shola Ameobi

Is that it?

Shola, Krul and Good could still be cut before the World Cup though can't they?

Wow, that Dutch squad is underwhelming, hadn't realized they were amidst such a talent drought for their standards

:thup:

That's why I've been saying that I think Chile and Spain might go through comfortably. Unfortunately Vidal might not be matchfit come the first games of the World Cup but hopefully that doesn't affect them too much. The dutch look really weak on paper and on the pitch. Even France beat them 2-0 in a friendly.

You do love spitting Karma in the face, don't you.. :lol:

Don't worry your team is still better than Brazil in case we play you in the last 16 ;)

:lol: :thup:

It's pronounced de-vrey, otherwise it would have. :lol: I think anyway. Don't quote this.

De-Fry surely?

No, definitely a v

What's the rule then? V before a consonant is V, and before a vowel it's pronounced F?

Apply that rule to van de Vaart.

It's pronounced de-vrey, otherwise it would have. :lol: I think anyway. Don't quote this.

De-Fry surely?

No, definitely a v

What's the rule then? V before a consonant is V, and before a vowel it's pronounced F?

Apply that rule to van de Vaart.

:lol: exactly. If I'm not wrong, it is actually pronounced fan der faart.

Argieball preliminary 32.

Attack: Messi, Agüero, Higuaín, Lavezzi, Palacio, Di Santo

Midfield: Gago, Mascherano, Di María, Banega, Biglia, Rodríguez, Álvarez, Fernández, Sosa, Pérez, Gaitán, Cambiasso, Romero, Kranevitter

Defenders: Zabaleta, Garay, Fernández, Rojo, Campagnaro, Basanta, Otamendi, López, Peruzzi, Demichelis

Goalkeepers: Romero, Andujar, Orion.

As expected Tevez left out. Mistake. An injury to Messi, Di Maria or Aguero and they're deeply f***ed. That defense is pure meh.

Germany, Brazil and Spain all have stronger squads in my opinion.

Defence isn't as bad as made out considering they have a very hard-working midfield. Zabaleta, Garay & Demichelis are all very decent from what i've seen. Campagnaro from Napoli? He's not terrible at all.

Argieball preliminary 32.

Attack: Messi, Agüero, Higuaín, Lavezzi, Palacio, Di Santo

Midfield: Gago, Mascherano, Di María, Banega, Biglia, Rodríguez, Álvarez, Fernández, Sosa, Pérez, Gaitán, Cambiasso, Romero, Kranevitter

Defenders: Zabaleta, Garay, Fernández, Rojo, Campagnaro, Basanta, Otamendi, López, Peruzzi, Demichelis

Goalkeepers: Romero, Andujar, Orion.

As expected Tevez left out. Mistake. An injury to Messi, Di Maria or Aguero and they're deeply f***ed. That defense is pure meh.

Germany, Brazil and Spain all have stronger squads in my opinion.

Defence isn't as bad as made out considering they have a very hard-working midfield. Zabaleta, Garay & Demichelis are all very decent from what i've seen. Campagnaro from Napoli? He's not terrible at all.

We'll have to agree to disagree, having watched plenty of Argentina I can promise you that if you also have and keeps to that opinion of yours then you're expectations are far lower than mine for a national team like Argentina.