2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Aye just what i thought, as for LBs its karma for having Zanetti for 2 decades.

:lol:

Poor Argentina, was karma enough of having Diego Armando Maradona pick Jonas ahead of him at the last World Cup

He was overlooked in 2006 as well for Scaloni. :lol: Remember him?

[quote author=Felipão link :mike:=topic=94598.msg5011700#msg5011700 date=1399997682]

Argieball preliminary 32.

Attack: Messi, Agüero, Higuaín, Lavezzi, Palacio, Di Santo

Midfield: Gago, Mascherano, Di María, Banega, Biglia, Rodríguez, Álvarez, Fernández, Sosa, Pérez, Gaitán, Cambiasso, Romero, Kranevitter

Defenders: Zabaleta, Garay, Fernández, Rojo, Campagnaro, Basanta, Otamendi, López, Peruzzi, Demichelis

Goalkeepers: Romero, Andujar, Orion.

As expected Tevez left out. Mistake. An injury to Messi, Di Maria or Aguero and they're deeply f***ed. That defense is pure meh.

Germany, Brazil and Spain all have stronger squads in my opinion.

Defence isn't as bad as made out considering they have a very hard-working midfield. Zabaleta, Garay & Demichelis are all very decent from what i've seen. Campagnaro from Napoli? He's not terrible at all.

:mike:  :mike:

Demichelis will drop out I'd imagine. Was utter toss the last time* he played for Argentina and it's the first time he's been picked in years.

*Pretty sure he left the field in tears last time he played because he was so calamity bad he cost a goal or two.

Saying that, Basanta and Mercado :anguish:

Aye just what i thought, as for LBs its karma for having Zanetti for 2 decades.

Poor Argentina, was karma enough of having Diego Armando Maradona pick Jonas ahead of him at the last World Cup

He was overlooked in 2006 as well for Scaloni. :lol: Remember him?

[quote author=Felipão link :mike:=topic=94598.msg5011700#msg5011700 date=1399997682]

Argieball preliminary 32.

Attack: Messi, Agüero, Higuaín, Lavezzi, Palacio, Di Santo

Midfield: Gago, Mascherano, Di María, Banega, Biglia, Rodríguez, Álvarez, Fernández, Sosa, Pérez, Gaitán, Cambiasso, Romero, Kranevitter

Defenders: Zabaleta, Garay, Fernández, Rojo, Campagnaro, Basanta, Otamendi, López, Peruzzi, Demichelis

Goalkeepers: Romero, Andujar, Orion.

As expected Tevez left out. Mistake. An injury to Messi, Di Maria or Aguero and they're deeply f***ed. That defense is pure meh.

Germany, Brazil and Spain all have stronger squads in my opinion.

Defence isn't as bad as made out considering they have a very hard-working midfield. Zabaleta, Garay & Demichelis are all very decent from what i've seen. Campagnaro from Napoli? He's not terrible at all.

:mike:  :mike:

Demichelis will drop out I'd imagine. Was utter toss the last time* he played for Argentina and it's the first time he's been picked in years.

*Pretty sure he left the field in tears last time he played because he was so calamity bad he cost a goal or two.

Saying that, Basanta and Mercado :anguish:

Their defense is shambles no doubt about it. But man if Di Maria, Higuain, Messi and Aguero can play at their best they're unstoppable.

Gago is a pretty important player for them too even though he didn't do much in Europe.

True.

Extremely important. Without him the midfield hasn't really worked.

So Motta, Romulo, Diego Costa, Pepe, Thiago, Giovani dos Santos, Eduardo who else is Brazilian and will be playing for another national team at this World Cup?

Sammir is in the Croatia preliminary squad.

Why hasn't Feilhaber been picked either? Isn't he like born in Brazil, should guarantee him a spot in Klinsmanns squad.

Klinsmann is apparently not a fan. He's been a really good MLS player the last few seasons, but Diskerud is basically the same player except better and younger. I'll always appreciate Feilhaber though, scored the winning goal on the volley at my first ever professional match.

Extremely gutted at lack of Totti in Italy's squad. Really thought Prandelli will go for it, as Totti had given the green light.

Keep changing my mind everyday as of which of England/Italy/Uruguay will be ousted in the group stage....think England are at disadvantage due to playing Costa Rica (by no means shit) last.

The dudes first name is 'Mix', he must be a beast.

LERL at that name.

If he isn't effective when the ball is in the mixer he should have his name withdrawn from him.

Just having a look at some of the squads for the World Cup - what's happened to the Dutch?  Their squad looks really average.  Am I underestimating some of their players?

No, we've gone for youth over experience. Had to after 2012 in a way, but we're definitely not blessed with a great generation. We'll probably play 532 too.. :anguish:

Still, I do expect us to survive the group stage.

Just having a look at some of the squads for the World Cup - what's happened to the Dutch?  Their squad looks really average.  Am I underestimating some of their players?

No, we've gone for youth over experience. Had to after 2012 in a way, but we're definitely not blessed with a great generation. We'll probably play 532 too.. :anguish:

What do you predict to be the starting lineup?

What do you predict to be the starting lineup?

Cillessen

Janmaat  Veltman/De Vrij  Vlaar    Martins Indi  Blind

De Jong

De Guzman    Sneijder

Robben          Van Persie

Something like that

:lol: Strange way of putting it.