2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Football is a contact sport. He's allows to touch Fred. He doesn't infringe on Fred. Doesn't have a firm hold of the shirt, didn't pull him back. Just a horrible decision.

It was a wrong decision but I can see why the ref gave it. From his position and angle it looks like first Fred got his left hand pulled and then he saw Lovren's hand on Fred's shoulder. Add to those the perfect dive from Fred and it does look like a pen from his position. Impossible to tell from his angle whether Fred really got pulled or threw himself to the ground. Nothing corrupt, just the way football sadly works now.

Thank you. It's nothing more than an appaling decision. But Fred sold it so I can see how the ref was conned. To think the ref just pointed to the penalty spot for no reason is ridiculous.

I still don't agree with saying three decisions went Brazil's way. There really was only one game changer and it was the penalty. A draw would've been fair, but if Neymar deserved a red for that then I'm sorry to disappoint but you won't see any reds like that in football. He gets a yellow because he shouldn't have his arm up there, but peoples bias and hate towards him thinks he deliberately elbows him in the face in the first half of the World Cup in pure rage. It's ridiculous.

My gut was dive and bottle job / fix. Before a single replay.  He falls like it's a dive ffs.

You had a better angle to see it than the ref.

:thup: The ref is exactly in the position to see the arm on the shoulder and Fred throwing himself. I'm happy with three points, I think by the end of the game it owuld've come anyways.

Also for all of you guys saying the ref is corrupt, how was Croatia able to escape this game with 11 men on the field? 21 fouls against Brazils 5. Persistent fouling and not a yellow ones to Vrsaljko or Perisic. This ref is horrible, but that's on FIFA for putting a god damn japanese ref that in the last World Cup was pretty bad as well for an opening game.

** Before some tiresome posters on here begin, I'm not being biased at all. I think a draw would've been fair. But you guys want a red for Neymar and an allowed goal for Olic who jumps elbow first into Julio Cesar. :lol:

:lol: Neymar checked over his shoulder to make sure the player was there then smacked him in the face.  :lol:

And the "penalty," from every angle, looks like a dive. There was nothing even remotely convincing about it. He clearly just drops to his arse hopefully.

Of course you're showing bias.

:lol:

I'll leave the Neymar incident out, maybe I'll have to check it again, but I didn't see the deliberate smack across the face, I saw a bad elbow coming up for a header just like Paulinho, Olic and Corluka did in the game.

I'm not going to go lenghts with dicussions. Penalty wasn't a penalty, but I can see why the referee would give it other than he was handed a bag with millions of gold coins to trade back in Japan.

He gave it because he bottled it. It was big club syndrome at play again. Doesn't change the fact Croatia were robbed of at least a point.

It doesn't, and I haven't tried to change that fact either ffs. I've said that they deserved a draw. How slow are you?

Alright, Tier 1. :lol:

Football is a contact sport. He's allows to touch Fred. He doesn't infringe on Fred. Doesn't have a firm hold of the shirt, didn't pull him back. Just a horrible decision.

It was a wrong decision but I can see why the ref gave it. From his position and angle it looks like first Fred got his left hand pulled and then he saw Lovren's hand on Fred's shoulder. Add to those the perfect dive from Fred and it does look like a pen from his position. Impossible to tell from his angle whether Fred really got pulled or threw himself to the ground. Nothing corrupt, just the way football sadly works now.

Thank you. It's nothing more than an appaling decision. But Fred sold it so I can see how the ref was conned. To think the ref just pointed to the penalty spot for no reason is ridiculous.

I still don't agree with saying three decisions went Brazil's way. There really was only one game changer and it was the penalty. A draw would've been fair, but if Neymar deserved a red for that then I'm sorry to disappoint but you won't see any reds like that in football. He gets a yellow because he shouldn't have his arm up there, but peoples bias and hate towards him thinks he deliberately elbows him in the face in the first half of the World Cup in pure rage. It's ridiculous.

My gut was dive and bottle job / fix. Before a single replay.  He falls like it's a dive ffs.

:thup: The ref is exactly in the position to see the arm on the shoulder and Fred throwing himself. I'm happy with three points, I think by the end of the game it owuld've come anyways.

Also for all of you guys saying the ref is corrupt, how was Croatia able to escape this game with 11 men on the field? 21 fouls against Brazils 5. Persistent fouling and not a yellow ones to Vrsaljko or Perisic. This ref is horrible, but that's on FIFA for putting a god damn japanese ref that in the last World Cup was pretty bad as well for an opening game.

** Before some tiresome posters on here begin, I'm not being biased at all. I think a draw would've been fair. But you guys want a red for Neymar and an allowed goal for Olic who jumps elbow first into Julio Cesar. :lol:

:lol: Neymar checked over his shoulder to make sure the player was there then smacked him in the face.  :lol:

And the "penalty," from every angle, looks like a dive. There was nothing even remotely convincing about it. He clearly just drops to his arse hopefully.

I'll leave the Neymar incident out, maybe I'll have to check it again, but I didn't see the deliberate smack across the face, I saw a bad elbow coming up for a header just like Paulinho, Olic and Corluka did in the game.

I'm not going to go lenghts with dicussions. Penalty wasn't a penalty, but I can see why the referee would give it other than he was handed a bag with millions of gold coins to trade back in Japan.

He gave it because he bottled it. It was big club syndrome at play again. Doesn't change the fact Croatia were robbed of at least a point.

It doesn't, and I haven't tried to change that fact either ffs. I've said that they deserved a draw. How slow are you?

Nah, it's true, he's a freaking turtle at times. He's trying to make it like I'm defending the penalty, like I'm saying we deserved three points. Luca is like a Brazilian politician.

I 100% agree after having some negotiations with him last season. (Sima was three times worse though)

Nah, it's true, he's a freaking turtle at times. He's trying to make it like I'm defending the penalty, like I'm saying we deserved three points. Luca is like a Brazilian politician.

I 100% agree after having some negotiations with him last season. (Sima was three times worse though)

I actually deleted that post, was too harsh. No one is a Brazilian politician on here :lol:

Flip is trying to rationalize the result and dispel some of the completely justified horror at that refereeing.

The ref won Brazil the game and Flip can't help but be gleeful about it.

For shame.

You see B-More. This is pathetic. It's like he doesn't see the point that I've said time and time again that the penalty was wrong. He makes shit up in his mind, but it's Luca. The guy who defends Pardew so I'll quit here.

For shame.

I understand the pen being given tbh, Fred timed his flip quite well.

The Olic "foul" was never a foul. He jumped and challenged with a fellow footballer, there was no elbow, as shown by the screenshot that Flip put up, trying to show an elbow, with no elbow in shot.

Thank fuck I don't like NFL, this is painful.

He doesn't really have a team in the NFL, so it's not that bad, he uses the NFL thread like everyone else, to laugh at Mike. I think the NBA thread is where he's most like this.

"The penalty was wrong but but but but but..."

"It was a dive, but WHAT a good dive."

Grim.

:anguish: So saying that it was a ''good'' dive automatically makes me say it was a deserved penalty? :lol:

I understand the pen being given tbh, Fred timed his flip quite well.

The Olic "foul" was never a foul. He jumped and challenged with a fellow footballer, there was no elbow, as shown by the screenshot that Flip put up, trying to show an elbow, with no elbow in shot.

http://i58.tinypic.com/14t0ayg.png

The elbow is there up in his face. The pic wasn't to show the elbow, was to show that Olic clattered over him before the Cesar even got to the ball. It's a foul every day of the week.

We got lucky, because the game-changer was the penalty and without it I could've even seen us lose this. Doesn't change the fact that the foul on Cesar is still a foul does it?

Thank f*** I don't like NFL, this is painful.

He doesn't really have a team in the NFL, so it's not that bad, he uses the NFL thread like everyone else, to laugh at Mike. I think the NBA thread is where he's most like this.

In the NBA thread my team is dead for another year or two.

Luckily your teams are doing alright in the NFL.

Screenshot still shows nothing that would say it was a foul. His arm is not raised, he is allowed to challenge with the keeper.

Hard to show on screenshots though :thup: Get to watch the clip again, I maintain that it's a foul. I've never seen a player allowed to clatter a goalie from behind with arms in the goalies face before the ball even gets there. But I might be wrong here, like I said, I'm trying to be as unbiased as I can, maybe I'm used to something different or maybe I'm being biased as fuck in this situation. It just looks like a clear foul FOR ME.

Luckily your teams are doing alright in the NFL.

:lol: As if I'm Pip. Dick.

People really enjoying the world cup so far in this thread. :lol:

I mean other than the worst opening ceremony ever, blatant match fixing and AIDS inducing ITV coverage it was alright  :lol:

Corluka was the best defender in Russia last season... But he and Lovren can't play together, they dont understand each other.. For me Lovren is very overrated in Soton. Few days ago Sahtar bid 30m for Kovacic, he was shite tonight. The biggest problem for Croatia is defensive midfielder. Badelj (Hsv) and Vukojevic (Dynamo Kyev) are limited players. Next game i expect Shildenfield, Lovren will be on the bench..

Brasil got the luck today, but the predictable outrage over the ref's decisions is tiresome tbh. Penalty? Harsh possibly, but the Croatian defender put his hand on Fred's shoulder from behind and even if the striker made a meal of it, technically that's an infringement. Same goes for the disallowed goal, he hit the keeper before the ball so you can't really argue it was wrong. All of these decisions could have gone either way, including the Neymar sending off claim, but they were hardly clear cut stonewallers.

Thank fuck you're just an idiot on N-O than a refereee then.

I'd rather be an idiot on N-O than agree with Andy Townsend tbh.

some lyndsey something something is the nighttime presenter of the world cup show, i'm sure english types know who she is... but i cannot underemphasize the amazingness of having a geordie present on ESPN. And I refuse to accept Ray Hudson as a geordie.

http://i60.tinypic.com/29cqd11.png

You took an image after the play. While I was looking again now from that angle, maybe there isn't really an elbow into his face, bu there was definitely a 'support' he put his body onto Cesar to 'elevate'. I was seeing it from the other angle. He still clatters all over him and if he doesn't Cesar catches that ball with ease.

I'll hold my hand up and say that maybe it's not a straight elbow to his face, still maintain it's a clear foul.