2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Croatia mos def robbed. Though Rakitic played really well he was sacrificed into playing as a DM and was always calm on the ball. When they play Mexico and Cameroon, he'll get his preferred advanced role. Modric was also a good outlet. Was really impressed with Croatia. They held their own and were severly let down by their goalkeeper who was so poor.

As for Brazil. It wasn't the best game but it didn't need to be. They got three points and Neymar will be unstoppable now. Any doubt about him has been erased. May be knee jerk but think he'll be top scorer.

Oscar getting far less love than Neymar in the media. Neymar even got the official MOTM. Oscar produced one of the best 70minutes I've seen from a national team player in a very long time. he started dead, was calling for him to be subbed off, but then something happened. Scolari looked like telling him to wake up and he apparently started running and playing like a man possessed.

Oh mos def, man. Oscar was fantastic. His energy is so impressive. His tackeling and physicality often goes unnoticed in the Prem so its good people are finally starting to take note.

What does Hulk do, Flip?

Until today I can't really figure it out :lol: He covers Dani well, but he played most part on the left and looked lost. I understand playing Neymar centrally but you can't put Hulk on the left as his it hurts the only thing he's good at, cutting inside and unleashing a shot (that 95% of the times goes outside the stadium)

He's excellent defensively tbf to him, i think Scolari put him on the left to stop Srna getting forward.

Which worked to be fair, he was a non-factor.

Possibly, but Srna was always going to be a non-factor with any of our wingers there since he can't bomb forward and let our wingers exploit the space behind him. I personally think it was more down to Neymar doing well centrally and Oscar not getting enough time on the ball centrally in previous games. So he moved Neymar into the center, Oscar wide right and let Hulk play left hoping he'd whip a cross in or two for Fred to head home. Never happened though :thup:

Oscar the player of the tournament so far :)

Absolutely brilliant, gave Brazil the edge in both attack, ball retention and strangely defence, by defending from the front. Capped it with a fine goal. MOTM by a mile, but everyone loves a hero, and a hero needs the love, so it was Neymar's day.

some lyndsey something something is the nighttime presenter of the world cup show, i'm sure english types know who she is... but i cannot underemphasize the amazingness of having a geordie present on ESPN. And I refuse to accept Ray Hudson as a geordie.

Lynsey Hipgrave. She's been good whenever I've seen her on other shows like.

Shame that she's a mackem though. There's also Kay Murray  :smitten: but she's from smogside.

some lyndsey something something is the nighttime presenter of the world cup show, i'm sure english types know who she is... but i cannot underemphasize the amazingness of having a geordie present on ESPN. And I refuse to accept Ray Hudson as a geordie.

Shame that she's a mackem though. There's also Kay Murray  :smitten: but she's from smogside.

Are you sure?  The American who introduced her the other day said something along the lines of "You're from up Sunderland way" (presumably because Altidore plays for Sunderland) and she quickly corrected him to say she was from Newcastle.

Her twitter bio:

"BT Sport Presenter, Danny Baker's loyal servant on 5 Live and fully paid up member of the Toon Army!"

Anyone with countries on their betting slips that aren't Brazil might be better served binning them now if that's anything to go by. 2 goals scores by a player that should have been having the first use of the soap. A penalty that clearly wasn't and a goal disallowed for little. That's without the Croatian,  think it was Olic being clipped by the last man without even a foul given.

Fucking disgraceful.

Guest firetotheworks

I'm here and I have an opinion. Brazil's penalty shouldn't have been a penalty, which I think most people are saying is obvious. Second thing though, Olic's jump was possibly a foul for one reason, he jumped in towards the 'keeper and bashed him with his momentum. It's still harsh because I'm not sure what else he's supposed to do, but I can understand why it was given as opposed to thinking it was a disgrace or whatever.

Guest firetotheworks

Oscar is a good player at Chelsea but the difference in him last night when he's not under Mourinho orders was incredible

Thought exactly the same, I thought he was definitely the best player on the pitch like. Looked amazing.

Anyone with countries on their betting slips that aren't Brazil might be better served binning them now if that's anything to go by. 2 goals scores by a player that should have been having the first use of the soap. A penalty that clearly wasn't and a goal disallowed for little. That's without the Croatian,  think it was Olic being clipped by the last man without even a foul given.

Fucking disgraceful.

THIS x 100000

Shocking decision for the penalty but I think there'll be a few more where that came from for Brazil this tournament.

Pletikosa was shocking tbh. He cost Croatia the game more than the ref.

Her twitter bio:

"BT Sport Presenter, Danny Baker's loyal servant on 5 Live and fully paid up member of the Toon Army!"

Interdasting. Sure I'd seen her don a mackem kit a couple of times. Google images confirms that. Guess maybe it was out of context.

f***ing disgraceful.

THIS x 100000

:thup:

So my tips for today's games are Mexico, Spain and Chile. I'm really excited to watch Australia play and hope the socceroos do our nation proud win, lose or draw. We are missing 4 or 5 starters through injury.  So its a really young side that are trying to implement an attacking possession based style of football. Players to watch for Australia are the goalkeeper Matt Ryan, the centre back Matthew Spiranovic and the left winger Tommy Oar.