2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Costa is 25, anyway i know he scored a lot of goals but everytime i watched him which is a lot now he is thoroughly disappointing. For a while his movement was good but then Holland snuffed it out, his first touch continues to be s*** everytime i see him which is ok for Atletico as they are counter attacking team so he gets lots of space but not for Spain.

But anyway enough about that, Holland were outstanding and i definitely underestimated them. Robben was outstanding just a shame Strootman is injured as Strootman-Sneijder-Robben-Van Persie would be :megusta:

Also Van Gaal showed to anyone who doubted him he's still a brilliant coach.

Chile are mad f*ckers, playing Medel at CB and i think a RB too :lol: love watching them play even if they have the tendency to self destruct at times but i suppose that's part of the charm. As for Australia kudos to them, they clearly lack talent but they showed a lot of guts.

World Cup so far has been :megusta: hope it continues.

Just got back from the game. Just turned a bit orange myself. Robben and van Persie, especially the first one, f***ing hell. They won it for them.

Match started as I expected, Spain dominating possession and got a first goal (haven't seen replay but apparently not a penalty? looked like one in the stadium). Then something happened, van Persie equalizes right before half-time (and what a f***ing goal it was). From there on Spain looked lost, 2nd half was not great until another long ball found Robben who had so much to do and still did it brilliantly. 3rd goal was never to have stood, everyone knew it, van Persie knew it, the dutch fans sitting next to me knew it (sat right in the middle of the orange support, great atmosphere, spanish fans were dead) and the spanish players knew it. They kept pointing to the screen as replay showed and were livid and rightly so, dutch fans were laughing and kept saying ''that was lucky''. Goal stood, maybe consolation for Holland since it was never a penalty apparently. Then it just kept coming, I couldn't stay down, kept standing up and applauding van Persie and Robben. What a performance from those two. The dutch don't have a very good team, but when you've got those two and a tactical intelligent manager (who I despise) anything can happen.

Unbelievable (the poster), I think I'm a bit dutch until next round. What a great set of fans, I thought I'd despise them but I just couldn't stop laughing and jumping like a child at moment like RvPs bar hit and Robbens volley, which btw was near impossible to get a hit, the ball was spinning like a motherfucker.

Excellent start to the World Cup, but terrible refereeing, which maybe takes the light away a bit from the ''corruption'' claim from some ridiculous people. Mexico robbed of two goals as well. Also watched Chile - Australia and while I'm impressed by Chile's offensive play, their defenders will be eaten up by Diego Costa, van Persie if they don't attack. Think Group B might end up in 6 points for all and goal difference be the difference. Chile team have a good enough team to beat the dutch on a decent day despite the start by Holland to the tournament.

:smitten: :clap:

Even van Gaal that I absolutely despise got a bit of love form me. He had his team set up to defend, but as soon as the goal went in, he actually did something about it. You could see the fullbacks move up, he went after the equalizer and redeemed himself. Was really disappointed to see them play the first 40 minutes or so with a 5 man defence, but that never came back in the 2nd half as it really turned into a 3-5-2.

:clap:

That volley was incredible. Love Robben. He's that good that he can basically repeatedly cut in on his left foot and no c*** can stop him. f*** know how he hasn't lost his pace yet 

That was perhaps the most pleasing thing from yesterday, on the fifth goal Robben used his pace without even a shred of doubt about whether his hamstring would hold out. He's been injury free for one and a half season and at full strength. Thanked his physio yesterday for giving him back the confidence to trust his own body.

Also, there were huge doubts about Van Persie's fitness. So glad he also looks like he's hitting form at just the right time. If Holland are going to do anything this tournament it will be mainly down to them two.

Just got back from the game. Just turned a bit orange myself. Robben and van Persie, especially the first one, f***ing hell. They won it for them.

Match started as I expected, Spain dominating possession and got a first goal (haven't seen replay but apparently not a penalty? looked like one in the stadium). Then something happened, van Persie equalizes right before half-time (and what a f***ing goal it was). From there on Spain looked lost, 2nd half was not great until another long ball found Robben who had so much to do and still did it brilliantly. 3rd goal was never to have stood, everyone knew it, van Persie knew it, the dutch fans sitting next to me knew it (sat right in the middle of the orange support, great atmosphere, spanish fans were dead) and the spanish players knew it. They kept pointing to the screen as replay showed and were livid and rightly so, dutch fans were laughing and kept saying ''that was lucky''. Goal stood, maybe consolation for Holland since it was never a penalty apparently. Then it just kept coming, I couldn't stay down, kept standing up and applauding van Persie and Robben. What a performance from those two. The dutch don't have a very good team, but when you've got those two and a tactical intelligent manager (who I despise) anything can happen.

Unbelievable (the poster), I think I'm a bit dutch until next round. What a great set of fans, I thought I'd despise them but I just couldn't stop laughing and jumping like a child at moment like RvPs bar hit and Robbens volley, which btw was near impossible to get a hit, the ball was spinning like a motherfucker.

Excellent start to the World Cup, but terrible refereeing, which maybe takes the light away a bit from the ''corruption'' claim from some ridiculous people. Mexico robbed of two goals as well. Also watched Chile - Australia and while I'm impressed by Chile's offensive play, their defenders will be eaten up by Diego Costa, van Persie if they don't attack. Think Group B might end up in 6 points for all and goal difference be the difference. Chile team have a good enough team to beat the dutch on a decent day despite the start by Holland to the tournament.

Even van Gaal that I absolutely despise got a bit of love form me. He had his team set up to defend, but as soon as the goal went in, he actually did something about it. You could see the fullbacks move up, he went after the equalizer and redeemed himself. Was really disappointed to see them play the first 40 minutes or so with a 5 man defence, but that never came back in the 2nd half as it really turned into a 3-5-2.

I probably hate Van Gaal even more than you, but credit to him for his reaction to going down. He mentioned on Dutch television he was already preparing to go 433 in the second half before Van Persie equalised. Also, he has always said his 532 would be a 343 if the situation demanded it without having to substitute players. They spent a lot of time in training on this apparently and it worked fantastically well has to be said. Louis is still a c*** though.. :lol:

That volley was incredible. Love Robben. He's that good that he can basically repeatedly cut in on his left foot and no c*** can stop him. f*** know how he hasn't lost his pace yet 

That was perhaps the most pleasing thing from yesterday, on the fifth goal Robben used his pace without even a shred of doubt about whether his hamstring would hold out. He's been injury free for one and a half season and at full strength. Thanked his physio yesterday for giving him back the confidence to trust his own body.

Also, there were huge doubts about Van Persie's fitness. So glad he also looks like he's hitting form at just the right time. If Holland are going to do anything this tournament it will be mainly down to them two.

I said before the game that RvP isn't a 'craque' in the car on the way to the game. I said he's an excellent player who is one of the best finisher but he's not a 'craque' (which roughly translates into an 'extremly' good/cool footballer or so'. But fuck me, yesterday, he did everything I expect from a 'craque' so I had to admit my mistake in the car. He was just excellent, really had an Ibra performance about him, was strong in the air, got everyone involved and even went into the midfield to help out. Lot bigger than I thought he was as well, looks extremely strong live. Was interesting too see Robben playing the same role as when I went too see Bayern 9-2 Hamburg. He plays as the furthest man up on the pitch and only really gets back if the other team starts the attack on the left.

Excellent. Really hope for 6p all around with Holland and Chile going through.

I probably hate Van Gaal even more than you, but credit to him for his reaction to going down. He mentioned on Dutch television he was already preparing to go 434 in the second half before Van Persie equalised. Also, he has always said his 532 would be a 343 if the situation demanded it without having to substitute players. They spent a lot of time in training on this apparently and it worked fantastically well has to be said. Louis is still a c*** though.. :lol:

:thup: Reminded me of the Brazil in 2002. 3 central defenders, winger ''bombing'' down (not as offensive as Cafu or RCarlos but they were free to roam there at least). Sneijder playing a bit of Ronaldinho's role and Rivaldo RvP while Robben was the Ronaldo. Great set of fans you guys have, especially compared to the spanish, even when down it was the supporters that were making the most noise. Nice to see spanish, dutch and brazilians getting a long as well post-match despite the result.

Will be interesting to see where Spain go from here. Have their work cut out to qualify for the next round, and if they do it will most probably have to face Brazil.

Personally I think/hope they're out.

Chile will have enough to beat you guys but lose to Spain, and everyone will beat Australia. 6p each. Holland first one GD and Spain home on GD.

Will be interesting to see where Spain go from here. Have their work cut out to qualify for the next round, and if they do it will most probably have to face Brazil.

Personally I think they're out.

Chile will beat you guys but lose to Spain, and everyone will beat Australia. 6p each. Holland first one GD and Spain home on GD.

Louis will deploy the 532 again vs Chile. Personally I think that is giving them too much respect. Either way, having sen Chile's defence I don't think they will be able to cope with Van Persie and especially Robben.

Personally I think they're out.

Chile will beat you guys but lose to Spain, and everyone will beat Australia. 6p each. Holland first one GD and Spain home on GD.

Louis will deploy the 532 again vs Chile. Personally I think that is giving them too much respect. Either way, having sen Chile's defence I don't think they will be able to cope with Van Persie and especially Robben.

No doubt, but if van Gaal does the 2nd half system again, this game will go into double-figures :lol: Also think Vidal can stop that midfield from getting balls into the defense. They're not bad on the floor either, it's free kicks in that area that might kill Chile.

Anyone in GMT planning on staying up for Ivory Coast B Japan? :yao:

In theory yes, but I'm awful at staying up late.

Very much the same here.

I want to watch it but I fear that the TV will swith the pundits (like last night) to say "well, go to bed now".