2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You could argue for/against there.

In my eyes that's a penalty. Then again, anything that hits the arm which isn't glued to the body is a handball for me.

That's not the rule though.

What's the rule? A defender is taught from early age to always glue the arm to your body in the box. I'm not sure how this handball rule is, but I agree with Mike there's argument for both sides. Just check La Liga two seasons ago when they gave a yellow card for any ball touching a hand.

In my eyes that's a penalty. Then again, anything that hits the arm which isn't glued to the body is a handball for me.

What's the rule? A defender is taught from early age to always glue the arm to your body in the box. I'm not sure how this handball rule is, but I agree with Mike there's argument for both sides. Just check La Liga two seasons ago when they gave a yellow card for any ball touching a hand.

Spanish are spackers though.

"deliberately handles the ball" in the wording. Deliberately precedes every instance of handles in the rule book aside from in the unsporting behaviour section.

Deliberate handball.

a free-kick or penalty will be awarded if a player "handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within his own penalty area)"

Ever tried running with your arms by your sides?  It's an absurd notion.

There was no way he could avoid the ball nor was his arm position unnatural.

Should get the strikers to aim for defenders' arms in the box if every 'handball' is a pen.

Just woke up so probably giggs, but ESPN's own Steven Taylor says Ronaldo might be out

Max Bretos ‏@mbretosESPN  20m

UNCONFIRMED reports Cristiano Ronaldo is out of World Cup.. Portuguese doctor. "If (he) plays in this WC, injury could end his career.

a free-kick or penalty will be awarded if a player "handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within his own penalty area)"

Ever tried running with your arms by your sides?  It's an absurd notion.

Like I said, there's been many changes to the rule and it used to be if the ball is handled by an unnatural arm-position. How often is there a deliberate handball in football? I've seen handballs get blown for far less. But yeah, if that's the rule it's no penalty but I also heard that it's up to a ref to make the decision ;)

There was no way he could avoid the ball nor was his arm position unnatural.

Should get the strikers to aim for defenders' arms in the box if every 'handball' is a pen.

Never seen a defender put his arm behind the back in the box? Why do you think they do that? Because they look better doing it?

What a fucking miss by Australia there.