2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Really hope either Sky Sports or BT are watching this and thinking of televising Copa America 2015, the centenary Copa in 2016 and the South American qualifiers. South American international football is fucking brilliant.

I hate penalties. Didn't even see Neymars. Once again we don't convince and rely on luck. Something needs to change ffs. Chile is a great team, and I said at the beginning I'd play Holland instead. They were better than us for 100minutes out of 120 so they're unlucky. But Julio Cesar GOLEIRÃO!

I hate penalties. Didn't even see Neymars. Once again we don't convince and rely on luck. Something needs to change ffs. Chile is a great team, and I said at the beginning I'd play Holland instead. They were better than us for 100minutes out of 120 so they're unlucky. But Julio Cesar GOLEIRÃO!

:thup: See you in the final.

This Brazil side due to meet France/Germany in Semis that's where they bow out IMO. Will be a Germany v a Holland final

We'll bow out before that if the team doesn't improve.

This Brazil side due to meet France/Germany in Semis that's where they bow out IMO

I'm not so sure. I think if anything this makes me think it's Brazil's year.

Can see them growing as the competition goes on, a point IIRC Tim Vickery emphasised.

Haven't seen much of Colombia so far. They've been good, I understand as much.

Arguably the most impressive side of the entire competition to date.

Which usually is the signal for a disappointing 1-0 defeat in the last 16.

Haven't seen much of Colombia so far. They've been good, I understand as much.

Very good team offensively, tons of weapons and can switch between technically and pure speed as well. So many different ways to attack. Their defense is bad and any team wanting to beat them will have to attack from the off and make Yepes, Zuniga, Armero and Zapata work.

Colombia have bee a treat. Comfortable on the ball, pace and skill up top and they always provide plenty of wank bank material in the stands.

:thup: A factor so often overlooked and one I hope to see in full glory when the FIFA 15 documentary airs later this year.

England's players will be watching on this evening knowing that it could well have been them taking to the field at the Maracana tonight.

Having seen Colombia's attacking play so far, they may be quite glad that it isn't! James Rodriguez running at Glen Johnson?

From the BBC feed. Taking a sad amount of joy in seeing our players being ridiculed in the mass media. :lol:

I love this 'they haven't played well, so I fancy them to get further' opinion. So often aired in football, total bollocks.

It does happen though. I can't think of a team that's started off amazingly and won it. Ever.

Germany in 90. France in 98.

France squeezed through all the knockout rounds by the skin of their teeth didn't they?

One golden goal, one by a single goal, one on penalties. IIRC.

Then obliterated Brazil. :lol:

(Bra-zeeeel.)

France squeezed through all the knockout rounds by the skin of their teeth didn't they?

One golden goal, one by a single goal, one on penalties. IIRC.

Then obliterated Brazil. :lol:

(Bra-zeeeel.)

Battered Croatia in the semi I think. Thuram scored twice.