Cardiff City vs Newcastle United - Saturday 5th October

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gouffran is actually worse outwide in matches where we won't see the ball very much because he doesn't really understand how to threaten from deep or run at a full back. He is fine playing wide when we are on top and he is able to show his quality on the ball and ghost into scoring positions.

With this team, I don't really correlate one performance with another. We should still win this match, imo. I think we will achieve a surprisingly comfortable victory here before capitulating in the net match.

I'd be tempted to deploy Hatem as an impact sub. If he doesn't show up in games (like the last two) he's almost an obstruction. Cisse upfront again with Gouffran and Remy around him hopefully providing him with chances. If Gouff isn't threatening HBA should come on and torment a tired Cardiff defence. Most of the time I'd want a midfield three of Sissoko, Cabaye and Anita but we might need some real grit agains Medel and Gunnarsson who are right b******s. In all honesty Tiote wasn't all bad tonight but he's still Tiote.

Hatem was played out of position last night.

I don't understand why he's getting flack for it, he actually tried to make things happen in the first half

Oh, I don't know. We lost last night, so probably 15 or 16-0.

:lol:

Depends how he sets us up to play (obviously).  That high line is suicidal for us and he needs to manage the space between the defence and midfield better.  Stick with the formation from the Villa game, keep HBA on the right and Remy on the left with Gouff in the middle (quickly becoming a big fan of his) and we should be able to hurt them.

The defence needs sorting out, like.  Total circus last couple of games and he needs to address that on the training field and the tactics board.

Anita has to start ahead of Tiote for me and play Sissoko in his natural box to box role.  Cabaye is probably the best option for the tip of the midfield three and he was in decent form yesterday but I wouldn't be overly upset if we tried someone else in there.

If we play to our strengths and don't worry overly about them I can see us taking three points, 1-2 maybe or even 0-2 however if he shits the bed and goes full retard again it'll be a different story.

He HAS to make changes at the back.

------------Krul

MYM---Willi----Colo---Dumit

---Cabs----Anita----Sisso

--HBA-----Cisse------Remy

------------Krul---------------

MYM---Willi----Colo---Dumit

--------Anita----Sisso--------

----------Cabaye--------------

--HBA-----Gouff------Remy