Newcastle to charge away fans at SJP £20 - Deals with WBA and Swansea agreed

Guest Geordiesned

As a home fan at Arsenal and QPR I would be slightly miffed if the away fans were paying a third of my ticket price TBH.

I know it's irrational but this would be an issue for me too. Always took pride in the fact that my local club charges away fans the most and gives them the shittiest seats :lol:

:lol:

I didn't mean it like that, I was more thinking that my club was taking the piss out of me while offering away fans a brilliant deal.

As a home fan at Arsenal and QPR I would be slightly miffed if the away fans were paying a third of my ticket price TBH.

I know it's irrational but this would be an issue for me too. Always took pride in the fact that my local club charges away fans the most and gives them the shittiest seats :lol:

:lol:

I didn't mean it like that, I was more thinking that my club was taking the piss out of me while offering away fans a brilliant deal.

I know what your saying and i never thought about it like that until i read your post there. I spend just as much as an away fan coming down for a game so why should they get a better deal than me and the thousands other that travel to a home game.

West Brom and Swansea :clap:

Newcastle United and West Bromwich Albion have agreed away ticket prices of just £15 for adults and £5 for concessions for their return Premier League fixtures during the 2013/14 season, with the sides meeting at St. James' Park in November and The Hawthorns on New Year's Day 2014.

The agreement with the Baggies will result in a saving of £24 (61.5%) for Newcastle United fans from the £39 it cost for an adult away ticket when the sides drew 1-1 in the West Midlands last season. Albion fans, meanwhile, will save £11 (42.3%) compared to the £26 away ticket price in the preceding fixture at St. James' Park in October 2012.

The Magpies have also finalised an agreement with Swansea City - Newcastle's longest return trip at 719 miles. The clubs' reciprocal deal will see fans of both clubs paying just £20 for adults and £5 for concessions for their fixtures in South Wales in December 2013 and on Tyneside in April 2014.

Magpies fans will save £20 more than 40% on the £35 charged at the Liberty Stadium last season, with Swans fans receiving a third off the £30 they paid at St. James' Park in 2012/13.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20131017/magpies-announce-reciprocal-ticket-price-offer_2281670_3498468?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

good idea, can't see many playing ball with this (London clubs in particular I'd say) but some would, can easily see Man City, WBA, Norwich Swansea and Stoke going along with it.

:coolsmiley:

ok those were piss easy to call in advance  :p

Was planning on going to WBA this season... Sweet...

I'll have a coach on...

I normally just drive so I get to choose the music... :lol: ...and make a weekend of it seeing the sights... Just doing grounds this year I've not been to before with The Hawthorns being one of them...

Guest Geordiesned

Champion. Nice cheap trip to Swansea for me. Work paying for my train tickets and hotel as I'm working in Cardiff on the Thursday. So now only got to pay the £20 for a match ticket and £18 for the return train from Cardiff to Swansea.

The 200K grant was little more than a token effort, a rather flimsy PR move, but this initiative looks like it could have a significant impact.

It needed a bold move to get the ball rolling and now that 2 or 3 others have joined in hopefully the momentum will continue.

If a few more come on board even the London clubs will feel the pressure and may be pushed towards better deals.

Well done Newcastle!

just seen this.

That means that our midweek trip to Carrow Road in January will cost full price (£45 last season) - and Canaries fans will now be charged an increased price when visiting Gallowgate next month. 

There is a glimmer of hope regarding the ticket costs for Newcastle fans at Norwich, with Aston Villa fans also charged £45 there back in May, but seeing a £10 reduction down to £35 last month.

However, if Newcastle opt to impose last season's £45 price, a "tit for tat" approach would doubtless see Norwich raise prices to the same level - we're trying to get some clarification on that currently.

Twats.

Did anyone catch the Swansea vice-chairman on Radio 5 at about 8.20 this morning? He was pretty much making out that it was all their idea that they implemented over summer, while trotting out other much less impressive deals for travelling swans fans (free bus to cardiff, free programme at fulham etc). I dont know if there is any truth in this but NUFC were only mentioned in passing as one of the 4 teams taking part.

• 4 weeks later...

I see Southampton are selling tickets to their fans at our place for £37 a pop. Seemingly Mike has decided to shaft those who have turned down his ticket deal. Problem is means we are likely to get stung at the other end, although I guess we may have looked at what we are likely to be charged down there anyway .

• 4 months later...

Newcastle United will heavily subsidise tickets for two upcoming away fixtures following fan feedback on how the Club should spend funds as part of the Premier League's away supporters' initiative.

The scheme was introduced by the Premier League at the start of the current campaign to arrest declining visiting supporter attendances, with £200K Per top flight club earmarked to be spent for that purpose across each of the next three seasons.

While United's preferred route would be to enter into reciprocal price deals with clubs, driving down the original price of tickets for both sets of fans, Newcastle will firstly discount £10 from all tickets purchased by its supporters for the trip to Stoke City on Saturday, 12th April, with the Club expected to take its full allocation of almost 3,000 tickets at the Britannia Stadium.

The Club has also discounted tickets for the fixture at the Emirates Stadium by £10. Tickets for juniors travelling to Arsenal will now be effectively free of charge, with only a standard £1 administration charge per ticket remaining payable.

Tickets for both matches are now on sale for season ticket holders with 50 or more loyalty points.

Remaining tickets will go on sale to season ticket holders with 25 or more loyalty points from 10am on Friday (21st March) and all other season ticket holders from 10am on Monday (24th March).

The Members' sale period for Stoke City will begin on Friday, 28th March, should there be tickets remaining. The Members' sale period for Arsenal will be confirmed in due course.