How far can they go - what would break you?

Guest Howaythetoon

Guest Howaythetoon

I'm completely broken, I didn't register any emotion whatsoever at any of their goals last night, I think I watched more of the Arsenal Man Utd game than our own. :lol:

Guest neesy111

They've broken me.

Last night I took my seat, usually I'm quite vocal at the game but for my standards I was very quiet, didn't feel much when the goals went in.

They've broken me.

Last night I took my seat, usually I'm quite vocal at the game but for my standards I was very quiet, didn't feel much when the goals went in.

Same here, I usually jump up and down and drink tea to calm myself down.

But nothing, absolutely nothing happens anymore. I wasn't excited at our chances, wasn't angry with the players, wasn't angry with Pardew. Just completely numb.

They've broken me.

But nothing, absolutely nothing happens anymore. I wasn't excited at our chances, wasn't angry with the players, wasn't angry with Pardew. Just completely numb.

Basically this

Stayed til the end becuase I couldn't be arsed to move ffs

I hardly even watch our games anymore, doesn't put me up or down. The club is an empty shell at the moment, I hope my enthusiasm comes back when the club is restored to what it should be but I am pretty pissed off with football in general right now.

Genuine question as I'm wondering... how much of this current apathy is down to the fact that our league position is so safe/average? If we were battling relegation, would you feel the same? Hard to say I suppose.

The realisation from a lot of fans that this football club under Ashley is going to achieve nothing. 

The club has said on a couple of occasions and they have shown it with selling palyers and not reinvesting.

The club is a coat hanger for Sprts Direct.

Even if NUFC was in a relegation battle I would find it hard to sum up emotion to back it/them.  Its Sports Direct NUFC - Its not Newcastle United.  I support Newcastle United.

I hardly even watch our games anymore, doesn't put me up or down. The club is an empty shell at the moment, I hope my enthusiasm comes back when the club is restored to what it should be but I am pretty pissed off with football in general right now.

Ive given up watching games, not been to sjp since championship season. Ive gone back to listening on the Radio- we play much better football on the radio.

The problem for me is that it's not just the current 'regime', it's football in general.

The current financial set up with the champions league coupled with rich men just throwing money at clubs makes it so difficult to see how we progress. When we were poor in Bobby's first two years, you could see light at the end of the tunnel. Now, I fail to see anything more than top 6 and a fight for the cups.

Granted that's an improvement on now but it's hardly massive aspirations.

Guest neesy111

They've broken me.

Basically this

Stayed til the end becuase I couldn't be arsed to move ffs

I was leaving after the 4th and then had a good convo with a few fans, the theme was being totally fed up.

This is what i said in the other thread, yesterday it broke me already-

Think tonight's match is the one that has finally made me give up on the club. The faith, love and care were just not in me watching the game. I couldn't give a f*** how many goal Spurs were going to score, absolute no emotions were going through my veins from start to finish.

Didn't even want to watch at first but i knew when the 1st goal went it, I made a terrible mistake of being interested in the match.

Glad that we dont have a game for a while now and im not even bothered about the next match. This club has lost it in every aspect and most importantly, they will lose the fans.

The number of empty seats before the final whistle was huge. Even when we got thumped 2-6 by Man U in the Sir Bobby era, the fans stayed back because they knew, eventhough we took a hammering, we were still chasing Champions League football.

Tonight though the empty seats before the 90 minutes were up, says it all..

Ive given up watching games, not been to sjp since championship season. Ive gone back to listening on the Radio- we play much better football on the radio.

It's different for me being from scotchland but I haven't been to a game since Hughton either, bit of a shitter considering I'm much closer to Newcastle now and could afford quite a few a season. You are a wee bit older cp40 aren't you? How does this time rate with some of the other shit times the club has had, before Keegan?

It's different for me being from scotchland but I haven't been to a game since Hughton either, bit of a shitter considering I'm much closer to Newcastle now and could afford quite a few a season. You are a wee bit older cp40 aren't you? How does this time rate with some of the other shit times the club has had, before Keegan?

last time it felt this bad for me was the late 80s relegation/ maybe the dismal season after losing to safc in the play offs. There was far more unrest back then tho- seemd to be endless protests, storming the directors entrance after games. Pitch invasions ( i was on) and teh Magpie groups taking over the club.

This lot have no ambition, and are so remote, they are unaccountable.

For me it was the loss in the FA cup, and then the Mackems that put another nail in the coffin- Safe in the league(hopefully) no Europe- there was everything to play for in the FA cup- not many seasons we would get the luxury of throwing everything at the FA cup- and we just didnt bother.

Not watching our games anymore. It's just not worth it anymore up till 11PM/3AM in this part of the world to watch your beloved team virtually commit suicide in front of a worldwide television audience.

Genuine question as I'm wondering... how much of this current apathy is down to the fact that our league position is so safe/average? If we were battling relegation, would you feel the same? Hard to say I suppose.

I think it's down to the team's apathy towards their football. If the team cannot be arsed, how could you be? I wouldn't mind going on a losing run like this, or even sit at 20th, if I knew that we at least saw the team do that shirt proud on the pitch. Poor results + no fire at all - the perfect recipe for numbness.

Take a look at the mackems for example. Battling relegation, but their cup run and derby wins at least show they care. And if they survive, you could argue that their fans would come out of this season feeling much better than we will.

last time it felt this bad for me was the late 80s relegation/ maybe the dismal season after losing to safc in the play offs. There was far more unrest back then tho- seemd to be endless protests, storming the directors entrance after games. Pitch invasions ( i was on) and teh Magpie groups taking over the club.

For me it was the loss in the FA cup, and then the Mackems that put another nail in the coffin- Safe in the league(hopefully) no Europe- there was everything to play for in the FA cup- not many seasons we would get the luxury of throwing everything at the FA cup- and we just didnt bother.

:thup: At least then the fans were still up for it, seems like no one can be arsed anymore. Personally I think that is to do with the way football has gone and not just this club though.

How was the atmosphere at SJP yesterday? Seemed mostly quiet except for boos at certain times of the game. Were there (m)any pro/anti- Pardew/Ashley chants?

There was nothing and thats the worst part of all this, people will just vote with their feet from now on and not even turn up, Pashley has sucked the life out of the club.

:thup: At least then the fans were still up for it, seems like no one can be arsed anymore. Personally I think that is to do with the way football has gone and not just this club though.

yep- possibly also something to do with terracing, technology- felt in them days you could get on Pitch, protest etc, and get back off without being tracked down.

Guest Roger Kint

Last night seemed it for a lot of people where I was sitting last night. Everything was just flat. Can't blame the fans for no atmosphere when the club has no ambition and the manager is a cretin.

There were plenty games years back with no atmosphere as well, our fans as a vocal support dwindled over a decade not a bad 18 months. Its not an Ashley/Pardew prompted issue that has large areas of our support contrent to watch in silence for 90 minutes.

How was the atmosphere at SJP yesterday? Seemed mostly quiet except for boos at certain times of the game. Were there (m)any pro/anti- Pardew/Ashley chants?

There was nothing and thats the worst part of all this, people will just vote with their feet from now on and not even turn up, Pashley has sucked the life out of the club.

Basically, atmosphere was awful. Few general chants for Newcastle but not one single chant for a player...not one.

There was no hatred chants either, just constant moans and groans around the ground at any given opportunity, be it a player tackled, mis placed pass, closed down etc. Even when Sammy beat a couple of men crowd were screaming because he wasn't passing it, not that he had anyone to pass it too, like.

There were a lot of moans and groans at Taylor as well.

But mostly it was just silence although for the first time around me in the Gallowgate there were a lot of people voicing their dissatisfaction with Pardew saying it was time for him to go.