How far can they go - what would break you?

Guest Howaythetoon

I think this person has been broken!

http://bit.ly/1fka4s9

As always supporting Newcastle has a way of showing one new nadirs, as we go into injury time 4-0 down to Tottenham having put in an absolutely rancid non-performance and you know what fuck it I'm just going to drop any pretence of rational analysis and dive straight into the stolen-from-Wingco ALL CAPS WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS GIBBERISH IT'S SOME OF THE WORST SHITE I'VE SEEN US PLAY EVER AND I'VE SEEN US UNDER GRAEME FUCKING SOUNESS FOR FUCK'S SAKE THEY'VE ABSOLUTELY FUCKING CAKEWALKED THROUGH US AT WILL BUT WHAT DO YOU EXPECT WHEN IT IS 2014 AND STEVEN FUCKING TAYLOR IS STILL GETTING A GAME THE USELESS THICK CUNT WHY HAVE YOU GONE AND PICKED HIM AND WILLIAMSON AND WHY HAVEN'T YOU REALISED THAT DAVIDE SANTON'S FORM HAS DROPPED QUICKER THAN JOSE FONTE'S WIFE'S KNICKERS YOU HORRIBLE SMARMY GREASY SILVER FOX FUCKING PRICK. I CAN AT LEAST GIVE YOU FUCKING CREDIT FOR NOT PICKING SHOLA FUCKING AMEOBI FOR ONCE, BUT WHAT'S THE POINT IN CELEBRATING THAT WHEN THE PLAYERS YOU DO PICK ARE SO OBVIOUSLY A COMPLETE FUCKING SHOWER WHO HAVE HAD THEIR TENUOUS EQUILIBRIUM SHATTERED BY THE FUCKING PUDDINGHEADED DECISION TO SELL OUR BEST PLAYER WITHOUT REPLACING HIM BECAUSE ASHLEY DECIDED TO MAKE A SHIT VERSION OF RODNEY FUCKING DANGERFIELD OUR DIRECTOR OF FOOTBALL AND WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME A SINGLE FUCKING PLAYER JOINED NEWCASTLE UNITED AND ACTUALLY IMPROVED ONE FUCKING IOTA ANYWAY. IF I THOUGHT IT WOULD CHANGE ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING I WOULD WALK TO NEWCASTLE AND FUCKING SACK ALAN PARDEW MYSELF AND BY SACK I MEAN LITERALLY BUNDLE THE HORRIBLE LITTLE TWAT INTO A SACK WITH JOHN CARVER AND STEVE STONE AND THAT HORRIBLE WOODMAN CUNT AND THROW THE WHOLE SORRY FUCKING LOT INTO THE TYNE. BUT GUESS WHAT, MIKE ASHLEY WOULD ONLY GO OUT AND HIRE JOE KINNEAR OR ALAN CURBISHLEY OR DAVID PLEAT OR PETER FUCKING SHREEVES. FUCK THIS FOR A GAME OF SOLDIERS

Selling Cabaye, not replacing him. Getting destroyed in the derby, then again at Chelsea, then again last night. They broke me when we didn't replace the man,  and each result thereafter has been a pissing on the damage type thing.

I'm registering random anger/apathy about this club and I see no way forward, ever, until Mike Ashley sells up. What he's doing to the city, the supporters (near and far), and what I refer to as the true club, not Mike and his cronies who run it, really hurts me. Badly.

The really depressing question is, what about after Ashley sells up?

Not following? I have hope that anybody who bought this club wouldn't be as awful as Mike Ashley?

I just mean there as many questions as answers about who might come next, and what they might be able to achieve with the club. It's not easy or cheap to get us into the elite again.

Ian, man. I'm going to try and say this 1 time to you - if your fear is that 'the next guy' is worse than Ashley, so just settle with Ashley as you know what he's capable of - you really need a deep, hard re-think man. That is some absolutely unambitious/defeatist thinking...I just hope its a biproduct of what Ashley's regime has done to you over the years my friend; which hopefully, can be fixed the day he sells up (if it ever happens). Generally speaking, takeovers in recent years are on the majority more "average" versus the money-rich City, or pretty fucking ambitious Liverpool etc. and of course not as bad as Tan and Venkys.

I think you're missing the point a bit. It's not about what I want or have ambition for. I want NUFC to be the best club in the world. It's about how I assess the situation, what football has become, and what is likely to happen. I don't understand why that needs to be explained all the time.

Thanks for the talking to though, I appreciate it.

How many of Ian's posts are actually things he truly believes in ? Surely no one can be so lacking in desire for his team to lift out of this world of nothingness. This blinkered support of the current regime and fear mongering of change must have an alliterative motive, whether it's just getting a rise from sops like me or something more sinister, I don't know. 

I don't show blinkered support for anything. With all due respect, you haven't got a clue what you're talking about.

Selling Cabaye, not replacing him. Getting destroyed in the derby, then again at Chelsea, then again last night. They broke me when we didn't replace the man,  and each result thereafter has been a pissing on the damage type thing.

I'm registering random anger/apathy about this club and I see no way forward, ever, until Mike Ashley sells up. What he's doing to the city, the supporters (near and far), and what I refer to as the true club, not Mike and his cronies who run it, really hurts me. Badly.

The really depressing question is, what about after Ashley sells up?

Not following? I have hope that anybody who bought this club wouldn't be as awful as Mike Ashley?

I just mean there as many questions as answers about who might come next, and what they might be able to achieve with the club. It's not easy or cheap to get us into the elite again.

Ian, man. I'm going to try and say this 1 time to you - if your fear is that 'the next guy' is worse than Ashley, so just settle with Ashley as you know what he's capable of - you really need a deep, hard re-think man. That is some absolutely unambitious/defeatist thinking...I just hope its a biproduct of what Ashley's regime has done to you over the years my friend; which hopefully, can be fixed the day he sells up (if it ever happens). Generally speaking, takeovers in recent years are on the majority more "average" versus the money-rich City, or pretty f***ing ambitious Liverpool etc. and of course not as bad as Tan and Venkys.

I think you're missing the point a bit. It's not about what I want or have ambition for. I want NUFC to be the best club in the world. It's about how I assess the situation, what football has become, and what is likely to happen. I don't understand why that needs to be explained all the time.

If you want Newcastle United to be the best club in the world, you surely know by now that Mike Ashley would never do that for us. You obviously are aware of how he's dragging a once proud club with proud supporters through the mud. So surely, you'd want that to change? Hasn't evidence shown there are more "average" buyers out there than your Mike Ashley, Venkys or Tan?

I've got a pretty strong understanding of the sport business. What Mike Ashley is doing is generally the exception to the norm. Most people who buy sporting clubs have a general plan, most people don't muck about a club from left to right. Most people just want to compete. Most people don't get into the business of sport to try and peddle their MAIN businesses unless they want their MAIN business to be a vehicle to which they can gain massive amounts of market share and profits. If Mike Ashley was your standard exploitative owner, he would have made calculated gambles on "his plan" to make Newcastle United better and more global, and then in turn, Sports Direct would be everywhere and people all over the world would go on loving Newcastle United for its beautiful football and its wonderful players and the whole psychology around his brand would be positive.

So no man, I'm not missing the point.

Seems to they're doing there very best to alienate as many people as possible like. I'm as apathetic as I've ever been. Go to enjoy the football as a spectacle more than I do to support the team at the moment because there is absolutely fuck all to cheer about. Our owner is a cunt, the manager is one of the slimiest pricks in a game full of slimy pricks, a lot of the players are either shite try hards or here for the money. Bah.

Even fucking clapped Chadli's goal last night...embarrassing.

Also, I'm well aware Sports Direct has gained massively because of us - but all of his stupid decisions he's made in other areas - that EXACT cash he would have put into Newcastle United would have had us in the top 5-6 consistently and pushing for CL with market share all over the world --- and Sports Direct and Mike Ashley would have made a ton more money because of it and he'd probably have sold us off for a hefty profit.

My one-man-stay-away protest is going quite well. I've been to a few non league games this season but i'm itching to get to a proper quality stadium / fixture, and as that won't be SJP anytime soon i'm currently looking at trips to places like bayern munich. Hopefully before the end of the season. :)

I'm sorry about that bit, was a bit stupid of me to do that man.

:rose:

No worries at all, I do the same sometimes. Sometimes I pose questions just because I like to find out people's points in a bit more detail as well.

To be honest I probably would take the gamble on a new owner, and what you say about the sports business in general is true. I just also know that there are a hell of a lot of sports fans who aren't happy with their owner. The whole business is an absolute mess really, I wish everyone had the same money and it was just a sport again.

My opinion is that leagues need to step in and kick out owners who have no business owning clubs. When an owner can mess about and ruin a club, there has to be a governing body out there that says No fucking way. Football clubs throughout the world are supposed to the be local lifeblood of the city and culture. What's happening to some clubs out there is beyond ridiculous. The thought that leagues don't care as they have so much money and all that is even worse off, their very existence in their current form is appalling.

Totally agree, it should really be like getting permission to change a listed building or develop green land etc. But I'm not sure if there's any chance of turning it around now.

If a league is only controlled by a committee of the owners of the clubs that make it up, there's serious problems.

Depressing for you maybe.  I will be optimistic that we finally have an owner that cares and will invest in the club generously.

Will we? Surprised you're so confident of that.

We haven't now so if it happened as I said, I'd be optimistic. And I'm 1 million per cent sure you would be too.

Depressing for you maybe.  I will be optimistic that we finally have an owner that cares and will invest in the club generously.

Will we? Surprised you're so confident of that.

We haven't now so if it happened as I said, I'd be optimistic. And I'm 1 million per cent sure you would be too.

If it actually happened I'd probably be hopeful, aye.

In terms of my connection to/love for the club, I wouldn't say it's broken. This football club has been with me since I was a child and it has helped me in more ways than one - the main one being helping me to integrate amongst the other children when I was just a timid Chinese boy (with a terrible grasp at English - my parents couldn't really teach me "proper" conversational English) at primary school. I'm Newcastle United until I die and as long as the club exists as Newcastle United, I will continue loving them no matter what.

So to see us in the position that we are now is nothing short of gut wrenching - we're becoming one of those clubs who will be "just there" as part of the PL furniture. There's no signs of any ambition or progression and apathy has quickly settled in. I don't want to break and I am one of those who will find it hard to simply walk away (for the reasons I've stated above) - I can't help it. Change needs to happen soon before we slip into mediocrity forever and the once proud name of Newcastle United descends into the abyss.

This will doubtless just echo what others have said, but although I'm not broken (still watched the game and still came to talk on here till midnight), I'm as apathetic as I've ever been, because I know exactly what the game is. We're going nowhere - which has obviously happened before - but we've also no intention to. So we won't. There isn't even many personalities to get behind. How can you get passionate about anything?

Guest Howaythetoon

If we were relegated tomorrow it wouldnt bother me one bit. In fact Id probably go to a few games. I dont get angry when we concede or lose and I don't jump for joy when we score or win. This a club I used to get so excited about, a club where if we lost, my whole weekend would be ruined. I look at Newcastle United today and there is nothing there for me. I cant stand the owner, manage and most of the players. The fans are fucking cretins in the main too. Its just a shitty club owned, managed, played for and represented by complete and utter toss in a sport fast becoming a joke. They can all go and fuck themselves!

If we were relegated tomorrow it wouldnt bother me one bit. In fact Id probably go to a few games. I dont get angry when we concede or lose and I don't jump for joy when we score or win. This a club I used to get so excited about, a club where if we lost, my whole weekend would be ruined. I look at Newcastle United today and there is nothing there for me. I cant stand the owner, manage and most of the players. The fans are fucking cretins in the main too. Its just a shitty club owned, managed, played for and represented by complete and utter toss in a sport fast becoming a joke. They can all go and fuck themselves!

:lol: :thup:

If we were relegated tomorrow it wouldnt bother me one bit. In fact Id probably go to a few games. I dont get angry when we concede or lose and I don't jump for joy when we score or win. This a club I used to get so excited about, a club where if we lost, my whole weekend would be ruined. I look at Newcastle United today and there is nothing there for me. I cant stand the owner, manage and most of the players. The fans are f***ing cretins in the main too. Its just a shitty club owned, managed, played for and represented by complete and utter toss in a sport fast becoming a joke. They can all go and f*** themselves!

Jebus, who shat on your cornflakes this morning :)

If we were relegated tomorrow it wouldnt bother me one bit. In fact Id probably go to a few games. I dont get angry when we concede or lose and I don't jump for joy when we score or win. This a club I used to get so excited about, a club where if we lost, my whole weekend would be ruined. I look at Newcastle United today and there is nothing there for me. I cant stand the owner, manage and most of the players. The fans are f***ing cretins in the main too. Its just a shitty club owned, managed, played for and represented by complete and utter toss in a sport fast becoming a joke. They can all go and f*** themselves!

:lol: :thup:

Agree with every word. If we'd have lost 4-0 at home 3/4 years ago I'd have been spitting blood - now...I couldn't give a shit. So glad I don't have to go to the matches next season

Jebus, who shat on your cornflakes this morning :)

He isn't arsed tho  :lol:

I completely agree.