NUFC media bans - Telegraph now banned from club

Anderson
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Retweeted by Mark Douglas

Luke Edwards ‏@LukeEdwardsTele 2h

In light of Sunday Express being banned can I point out #nufc have previously banned journalists for stories they could prove were correct

Fair comment this like.

Who else has been banned? The only example I can think of is the local papers, over the Time 4 change march.

who is actually doing the banning i wonder, is there even anyone left in the fucking club?

There's that pretty tidy lass who is head of PR isn't there? I want to say Louise Taylor but I think she's the mackem gargoyle.

Wendy Taylor.

Whoever is administering the ban, we can take it as read that Ashley is setting the policy about journos. Throughout his business life, he's refused to be interviewed and he'd clearly rather live without them.

Some of his ways have been eccentric and that's spilled over into the way he's run the club. Is he entirely in the wrong though? I don't think this is a battle that he can win on his own, but if other clubs were to take a similar line, we might just get a more responsible kind of journalism. 

who is actually doing the banning i wonder, is there even anyone left in the fucking club?

There's that pretty tidy lass who is head of PR isn't there? I want to say Louise Taylor but I think she's the mackem gargoyle.

Wendy Taylor.

Cheers, knew it was some type of Taylor.

• 6 months later...

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20140912/club-statement-daily-telegraph_2281670_4138864

Newcastle United has today banned the Daily Telegraph with immediate effect following a report published in its paper yesterday (Thursday, 11th September), headlined 'Newcastle United For Sale As Ashley Eyes Rangers', as well as a follow-up article from the same reporter which appears in the Daily Telegraph today (Friday, 12th September).

The reports by Luke Edwards on 11th September, and again today (12th September), are wholly inaccurate and written with the intention of unsettling the Club, players and its supporters.

This is disgraceful journalism for which the Club and its supporters should receive a full and unreserved apology from those concerned.

The truth is Mike Ashley remains committed to Newcastle United.

For the avoidance of doubt, this means that for the remainder of this season and AT LEAST until the end of next season, Mike Ashley will not, under any circumstances, sell Newcastle United at any price.

The Club cannot be stronger in stating its position on this matter.

It is not acceptable for newspapers to print factually inaccurate reports that are damaging to the Club and to fail to check facts with Newcastle United ahead of publication and then expect to receive access to the Club.

Newcastle United will not tolerate this and will take such action as it deems appropriate.

The ban extends to all reporters working for, or freelancing on behalf of, the Daily Telegraph, as well as Luke Edwards in any capacity he may have working for the paper's sister title or on a freelance basis.

Guest TruToon94

This is horrific, man :anguish:

This is great. One thing journo's love is each other. We'll be seeing more and more anti Ashley and Pardew reports if they keep this up which ultimately is good for us to build pressure.

Does look like we're entering the final third of Ashley's time here IMO.

It's hilarious it's so petty. Luke Edwards isn't going to make something like this up, or certainly the underlying info will be along the right lines. Either way it's funny to see how easily people get under their skin. Constantly scouring the papers for anything derogatory.

Absolute morons.

That statement is hilarious.

The club are concerned such reporting might upset the supporters and say it is not acceptable to print factually incorrect reports yet they are happy to to use compliant journalists to spout their lies and the things that so upset the supporters, they refuse to comment on.

I don't understand why they get so wound up about the trivial stuff - it just makes them look ridiculous.

so the telegraph has been banned for saying Newcastle are for sale and in the same statement it says we will be for sale in 18 months ............amatures

so the telegraph has been banned for saying Newcastle are for sale and in the same statement it says we will be for sale in 18 months ............amatures

well they don't say that, they just say it won't be for sale in this or next season, fuck all implying it will be for sale after that.