NUFC media bans - Telegraph now banned from club

Anderson
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The last time people were calling him names he threw his toys out of the pram and put the club up for sale until the pressure died down a bit, this time he's flipped out and banned the local press for some fairly innocuous reporting on the situation. A concerted, united effort could well spark a reaction you wouldn't expect.

what like ban the fans from the ground or something?

:lol: Like him making a genuine attempt to sell the club on, perhaps at a loss. His main company are raking it in, why does he need the hassle? He really needs not to be let off the hook if he's even anywhere near being on the ropes.

People in the NE need to stop buying track f***ing suits and s*** trainers at his crap stores. Stop buying that stuff altogether anyway, quality is better than quantity, but anyway... go to his competitor stores (don't tell me he owns ALL of the competitors....)

This is Newcastle, not the borough of Kensington and Chelsea.  It'll never happen.

The last time people were calling him names he threw his toys out of the pram and put the club up for sale until the pressure died down a bit, this time he's flipped out and banned the local press for some fairly innocuous reporting on the situation. A concerted, united effort could well spark a reaction you wouldn't expect.

what like ban the fans from the ground or something?

:lol: Like him making a genuine attempt to sell the club on, perhaps at a loss. His main company are raking it in, why does he need the hassle? He really needs not to be let off the hook if he's even anywhere near being on the ropes.

People in the NE need to stop buying track fucking suits and shit trainers at his crap stores. Stop buying that stuff altogether anyway, quality is better than quantity, but anyway... go to his competitor stores (don't tell me he owns ALL of the competitors....)

he's doing a fair job of absorbing most of them

Something spiteful like changing the club colours to blue and red perhaps?

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees. People need to stop being so petrified of him.

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees. People need to stop being so petrified of him.

Aye. We all know its going to get worse before it gets better; just amazed how lax people are about it.

I agree. I just expect him to fight dirty.

I'm sure he'd love to, although all that cash Sports Direct make through shirt sales would quickly dry up.

Before this protest march, the local press were saying that the attendance would be an indication of the strength of feeling against Ashley. It looks to me like the scale of the protest wasn't actually that big, but the papers went ahead and printed the story that they wanted. It looks to me like that was what got under Ashley's nose.

Newspapers exaggerating to beef up a story isn't anything remarkable, and owners in Ashley's position have to take it on the chin. As it is, he's foolishly exacerbated his own problems by over-reacting. He doesn't learn.

It seems to me that when people talk about 'showing ambition', they actually mean, 'spending more money on players'. If there is an alternative owner out there who people want to rally around, it would need to be someone prepared and able to do that.

Before this protest march, the local press were saying that the attendance would be an indication of the strength of feeling against Ashley. It looks to me like the scale of the protest wasn't actually that big, but the papers went ahead and printed the story that they wanted. It looks to me like that was what got under Ashley's nose.

Newspapers exaggerating to beef up a story isn't anything remarkable, and owners in Ashley's position have to take it on the chin. As it is, he's foolishly exacerbated his own problems by over-reacting. He doesn't learn.

It seems to me that when people talk about 'showing ambition', they actually mean, 'spending more money on players'. If there is an alternative owner out there who people want to rally around, it would need to be someone prepared and able to do that.

Not necessarily - its more about strengthening the squad sufficiently - that doesn't always mean spending more or huge amounts of money.

It would also be a sign of ambition for Ashley to just employ better management/coaching staff too, who could potentially get more/the best out of the players we already have, too.

Villa are a good example of lower spending with ambition. It's yielded mixed results for them but at least you get a sense of hunger; the efforts to keep benteke for example and the selection of a principled albeit flawed manager. Professionally they are lightyears ahead , but it would require no difficult change.

Guest neesy111

There will be buyers out there, if he wants to sell. Remember, it's only a couple of months since Fulham (and all their debt) were bought.

London effect is huge mind.

Guest neesy111

Oh aye, but Fulham had as much 'debt' as us, I'm sure and far less potential.

I can't disagree with that, sadly we are too far up north.

Unfortunately can't see him accepting any offers unless they're considerably higher than his own true valuation of the club.

He's all about making money.  If someone stumps up an offer whereby he'll pretty much recoup his overall investment but with little to no profit on top I think he'll turn it down for the sake of it.

It's not that he wouldn't sell us if an offer came in, it's that he's not desperate to.

Unfortunately can't see him accepting any offers unless they're considerably higher than his own true valuation of the club.

He's all about making money.  If someone stumps up an offer whereby he'll pretty much recoup his overall investment but with little to no profit on top I think he'll turn it down for the sake of it.

It's not that he wouldn't sell us if an offer came in, it's that he's not desperate to.

He may not be desperate now but that could change if we became a problem for him.