Newcastle Utd 2 - 0 Chelsea - 02/11/13 - Post-match reaction from page 31

Mike

Sissoko is being wasted at RM, Remy is being wasted at CF, and Shola is just a complete waste in general. Santon's looked quite poor as well.

Despite all that, I really don't think we're playing all that poorly. Doing a decent job of keeping possession the few times we get the ball. It's the final third where we're lacking, but that shouldn't be a surprise to anyone considering the formation.

Don't think Santon has had much to do but agree with the rest. Remy can't use his pace there and Sissoko can't use his drive on that right hand side.

Need to get Benny on for Shola and move Gouff up top and Remy + Benny on his sides.

Pardew's plan is clearly to keep it tight and go for it in the last 15 minutes, when we're hopefully still at 0-0. The team is picked with that in mind. Chelsea do have better players so I don't really blame him.

Tiote looks back to his best, which is a big bonus.

Sissoko is being wasted at RM, Remy is being wasted at CF, and Shola is just a complete waste in general. Santon's looked quite poor as well.

Despite all that, I really don't think we're playing all that poorly. Doing a decent job of keeping possession the few times we get the ball. It's the final third where we're lacking, but that shouldn't be a surprise to anyone considering the formation.

Don't think Santon has had much to do but agree with the rest. Remy can't use his pace there and Sissoko can't use his drive on that right hand side.

Need to get Benny on for Shola and move Gouff up top and Remy + Benny on his sides.

You know this, and I know this, and everyone with an ounce of brainpower knows this. :pardsgrin:

Tiote has been immense. Though we are s***.

Immense? Really?

Immense is a bit far, but definitely our best player once again.

Probably, but in comparison to the performances we've seen lately from our key players, immense is quite close.

Just been 45 mins of weathering the storm, tbh.

What storm? Chelsea have done nothing outside of corners.

We have been poor with the ball but so have they.

Both teams have been absolute s****.

:thup:

Tiote has been immense. Though we are s***.

Immense? Really?

Immense is a bit far, but definitely our best player once again.

Best player because we are fucking shit and make no attempt at all to win the game or put chelsea under any pressure.

Tiote hasn't done anything special he's just gone about his job and performed to expectation.

I just don't agree with superlatives such as immense when he hasn't produced anything in this game worthy of such words.

You know this, and I know this, and everyone with an ounce of brainpower knows this. :pardsgrin:

"What the heck is quinoa"