Newcastle Utd 2 - 0 Chelsea - 02/11/13 - Post-match reaction from page 31

Mike

Guest bimpy474

McManaman spot on, about the only time he's been right about anything.

What he say bimps?

We have to play the same way (2nd half he meant, and like we did against Liverpool) against lessers teams, especially at home.

A fair comment from McManaman that.

My nana who only watches home and away could watch and tell you that.

I know but tbf McManaman was pointing out like several of us have done, there's no point doing against big clubs and play scared like we did against Sunderland.

"That match was a battle of the defenses for me, Newcastle's was exceptional, ours much less so. I don't think our forwards did much wrong; how many of Eto'o's shots were blocked by Newcastle defenders throwing themselves in front of the ball? Full credit to the Newcastle defense. We played some lovely spells of football in the first half and on another day could easily have had a couple of goals and a penalty. Newcastle's game plan was spot on though and they were much the better team in the second half and deserved the three points. "

Fair comments from a Chelsea fan.

Guest bimpy474

"That match was a battle of the defenses for me, Newcastle's was exceptional, ours much less so. I don't think our forwards did much wrong; how many of Eto'o's shots were blocked by Newcastle defenders throwing themselves in front of the ball? Full credit to the Newcastle defense. We played some lovely spells of football in the first half and on another day could easily have had a couple of goals and a penalty. Newcastle's game plan was spot on though and they were much the better team in the second half and deserved the three points. "

Fair comments from a Chelsea fan.

Mike Ashley 02/11/13.

Lose against the top bottom, 7 days later, dispose of one of the best teams in the league.

You're confusing like.

Weirder that we've played Liverpool and Chelsea at home and yet our only home defeat is to Hull fucking City.

We were class, like. This win doesn't make any sense at all. Comfortable win over Chelsea? Clean Sheet? With that team? What a club. Means Pardew isn't going anywhere for a while, though.

Today's main lesson: Stop facebooking/tweeting stuff pre-match, no matter how much sense it makes.

Absolutely fantastic result. Really buzzing from that.

The first half was full of shitness whereby we were giving the ball away - we simply couldn't string a pass together and looked timid as fuck. That second half though was a vast improvement in that we played some good stuff and we looked really threatening when counter attacking - that really was refreshing to see. A much deserved win and a great start to the weekend.

Got to say that didn't feel like a Mourinho Chelsea team. They looked like a bunch of mercenaries today.

Didn't look up for it at any time. Really looked like they couldn't care less. A bit like City in the first half midweek.

So did we change from 442 at any point?

Yes. When Obertan came on we switched to 432.

:D he had a hand in our second. When hes open with the ball why doesnt he just get the ball from out of his feet and run direct.

? That's exactly what he does. He leaves the ball behind him and starts running directly to the oppositions goal without the ball.

Think mourinhos plans badly backfired in the second half. I think he changed to make the game more open in the hopes of suckering us in only for their quality to Harm us. It aided our cause and pardew also managed to pep up our players.

The added neat passing quality of Anita also changed the game when he was forces to come in, something that may not have happens had Tiote not aggravated his thigh.

All in all credit to pards, fate leant a hand but some monster performances by pretty much everyone on the pitch in a black and white shirt. As good as I have seen mapou, willow and debuchy.

I'll just add Chelsea to my ever growing list of clubs who we make look average/poor, Venky. Finally our performances of recent times get the result they deserve! Everytime I think we our playing our best football we come out the following game and play even better, superb stuff! People will start to take notice of us soon!