Newcastle Utd 2 - 0 Chelsea - 02/11/13 - Post-match reaction from page 31

Mike

The ref should have grown some balls and sent of Ramires when he was refusing to come over to him for his yellow card. Can't believe he eventually walked over to him and give him it. Should have booked him for the foul, booked him for his dissent and sent him on his way. Refs have the most authority on the pitch yet players walk all over them.

A player does not have to go the ref at all and cant be booked for not doing so, he can be booked for ignoring the ref when the ref is addressing him.

Surely it's dissent to clearly ignore the refs whistle though? Not too mention disrespectful as f***. Typical Chelsea.

:thup:

Guest bimpy474

The ref should have grown some balls and sent of Ramires when he was refusing to come over to him for his yellow card. Can't believe he eventually walked over to him and give him it. Should have booked him for the foul, booked him for his dissent and sent him on his way. Refs have the most authority on the pitch yet players walk all over them.

A player does not have to go the ref at all and cant be booked for not doing so, he can be booked for ignoring the ref when the ref is addressing him.

So a player can just run off 20 yards then say to the ref, if you want to book me, you jog over to me...neeee chance, should have sent the kernt off.

Yep that is right in a way. But say i'm reffing you, and you start running away but i call you or blow the whistle so you have to acknowledge me, if you dont then you can be booked for that.

But if you are 20 yards away before i addess you dont have to come to me, the rules are wrong imo but they are what they are .

So a player can just run off 20 yards then say to the ref, if you want to book me, you jog over to me...neeee chance, should have sent the kernt off.

Yep that is right in a way. But say i'm reffing you, and you start running away but i call you or blow the whistle so you have to acknowledge me, if you dont then you can be booked for that.

But if you are 20 yards away before i addess you dont have to come to me, the rules are wrong imo but they are what they are .

He didn't acknowledge the whistle like. Anyway, didn't matter in the grand scheme of things. Ramires was shite today n all.

Guest bimpy474

He didn't acknowledge the whistle like. Anyway, didn't matter in the grand scheme of things. Ramires was shite today n all.

That's why he got booked, he didn't acknowledge the ref (refs whistle). Like Brett said he could have got yellow for the tackle (wasn't a yellow imo) and then another for the dissent. He was shite too like you said ;)

Even though Lukaku is still a bit lacking technically, which he is, he's one of the most physically-dominant center forwards in the world. His hold-up play is outstanding and he can strike a mean ball.

True but even Benteke is a better player.

Lukaku is the best young center forward I have seen at St James for years and I would say he is better that Torres, Ba and Eto put together and if I was Mike I would spend my entire January transfer budget on him

Eh, what at St James?

Just watched the second half.

Oh my fucking God. The sound it makes when it smacks off the post and then the crowd goes absolutely mental. Brilliant goal. Crazy ball forward from Santon, brilliant first couple touches from Remy, good work from Obertan, superb dribble and pass from Anita, great finish. Marvellous.

Guest neesy111

Cabaye's delivery for the 1st goal is exactly the standard should be, whipped in with pace into space.  Gouffran just needed to place the header.

Cabaye's delivery for the 1st goal is exactly the standard should be, whipped in with pace into space.  Gouffran just needed to place the header.

We fucking never make that pass from set pieces. First time I can remember us doing it in donkeys and we've got a goal. Crazy. Watching in hindsight, the lightbulb that appeared above Pardew's head, just before it was taken, was quite amusing.

Really great shift. So much more committed than the Chelsea team and worked really hard. We didn't really play much (/any?) football to speak of until the second half, but when we did some of it was fantastic.

Don't think it was a great overall strategy mind you. If Chelsea had shown up, approaching the way we did could just as easily have resulted in another 0-6. We caught a break on the Terry header that didn't go in, then everything went our way thankfully.

Debuchy was my MOTM, but Tiote, Anita, Gouff and Sissoko really impressed me too. Puts paid to any daft theory that Frenchmen/players whose name has more than one vowel and two syllables/foreigners can't work hard and press effectively. This performance should be pointed to as the barometer for the level of commitment and graft expected from game to game - but I won't hold my breath, it's always a bit easier to raise your game when the big boys come to town.

Anyway, enjoyable day - and it's been a good long while since I could say that!

Cagey and nervous first half (which pards is trying to say was the plan!!!!!!) in which they were actually no better than us I thought.

2nd half once Anita came on for Tiote and Cisse came on for Shola (don't laugh but I think this had a big influence as our only tactic had been to lump it to shola and for terry to win it every time and once cisse was on we stopped doing that and it meant terry and sideshow bob had to chase us about on the deck instead) we were absolutely triffic.

MOM for me of those who played 90 mins was Debuchy but  MOM was Anita if you count those who didn't play the 90.

Sissoko remembered how to play as well, seems he doesn't like Ashley Cole much and was needling him all game. He majestically followed through on one challenge in the 2nd half by doing Cole right up his arsehole with the point of his knee and got away with it.

Not seen anything at all of the game but reading this thread back seems like we played for 45mins again. :lol:

Fantastic result though. :thup:

We pressed well and made it difficult them for the first half tbf, but on another day against another Chelsea, the game could have been over by the whistle with that sort of approach IMO.

Can't wait to read about the game in the Chronicle

Never buy it and haven't for years, it's a crock of s***.

Mike Ashley what you doing here? Sell up you cunt :lol:

Guest neesy111

Not seen anything at all of the game but reading this thread back seems like we played for 45mins again. :lol:

We pressed well and made it difficult them for the first half tbf, but on another day against another Chelsea, the game could have been over by the whistle with that sort of approach IMO.

The key is to not concede early on, though that has been a pattern with us for the last 3 years not just recently.

The key is to not concede early on, though that has been a pattern with us for the last 3 years not just recently.

Conceding early or not is just the output though - in terms of the approach, you can't just hand a team like Chelsea (or any team in this league, really) the initiative from the get-go and say "hey, try and break us down for the first 70 minutes then if we're still in it, we'll come out of our shell" - it just not a legitimate tactic regardless of its success today :lol: