Newcastle Utd 2 - 0 Chelsea - 02/11/13 - Post-match reaction from page 31

Mike

If wed beaten Hull like we should of and at least picked up a point of Sunderland. Wed be sitting quite pretty. Shame were inconsistent as f***.

By that logic we should lose to Chelsea and Liverpool though.

We should be 4 points better off than we are.

If wed beaten Hull like we should of and at least picked up a point of Sunderland. Wed be sitting quite pretty. Shame were inconsistent as f***.

By that logic we should lose to Chelsea and Liverpool though.

We should be 4 points better off than we are.

I've lost you, sorry.

Arguably more tedious than the whole 'big club' debates, this "if we'd beat Team X and Y..."

I get the meaning behind it - dropping points in matches you should be looking to win - but it's an entirely useless, empty argument.

Arguably more tedious than the whole 'big club' debates, this "if we'd beat Team X and Y..."

I get the meaning behind it - dropping points in matches you should be looking to win - but it's an entirely useless, empty argument.

Especially when you've also picked up a draw and a win against clubs that would expect to beat you.

Especially when you've also picked up a draw and a win against clubs that would expect to beat you.

The difference is Sunderland were shit, and there for the taking, yet we still got nothing. Chelsea can't say the same, we actually played well.

I see what you're getting at, but the Sunderland and Hull matches are good examples where we should have got something.

Aye. Pretty hard to argue that a full season doesn't even out. Teams ultimately get what they deserve for that season's work.

Aye. Pretty hard to argue that a full season doesn't even out. Teams ultimately get what they deserve for that season's work.

Apart from us when we finished 5th... ;-)

The difference is Sunderland were shit, and there for the taking, yet we still got nothing. Chelsea can't say the same, we actually played well.

I see what you're getting at, but the Sunderland and Hull matches are good examples where we should have got something.

To add to that, the difference with us and Chelsea (apart from the obvious quality) is that Mourinho won't tolerate many displays like that and you can bet they will find that consistency. We don't know what we'll get from one week to the next, and that's purely down to lack of clarity from Pardew.

Do agree... you can understand the frustration behind the motive though as an Everton fan i'm sure you are well aware of.

Any one else do themselves some serious damage after Remy's goal? I celebrated so hard that I was blind in one eye for a few minutes. Was shitting meself.

What? :lol: Did you poke yourself in the eye or something?