Newcastle Utd 2 - 0 Chelsea - 02/11/13 - Post-match reaction from page 31

Mike

Ridiculous, couldn't believe it when Eto'o started to claim the handball. :lol:

I couldn't either understand that either, although I didn't know it had even touched his arm until Match of the Day

I thought the referee today was the best one we've had all season, he let the game flow whenever he could and he let some decent tackles go which could have been soft yellows with some ref's.

Disappointed not to see this apparently ace move we put together on 72mins.

More surprising that they evidently didn't take the chance to show Terry make a "hero" block/tackle as Remy pulled the trigger :lol:

We were scintillating for a fifteen minute spell there - from Sissoko's acute angle shot through to that move. Four really good chances, some excellent pass-and-move football. That fifteen minute spell was as good as we've looked for a very long time...

A great win after a much better second half performance - looked as if the side had been told to keep it tight and defend in numbers in the first half, but once the players realised that Chelsea weren't in top form they took the game by the scruff of the neck in the second.

Some really good performances ; Tiote was excellent at breaking up Chelsea's rhythm and keeping the pressure off - he seems to be relishing the captain's job and this was probably his 3rd good game in succession. When Anita replaced him, he too did really well, playing the simple ball, making interceptions and crucially, supporting the attack which led to him laying on Remy's goal which sealed the game. Storming second half from Remy and he could have had a hat-trick on chances, whilst Cabaye had another great game - back to his best now. Gouffran deserved his goal for all his hard work and Debuchy was probably our best player in the first half...a good game all round and a great block to stop them pulling a goal back in the second half.

Cisse was once again a shadow of the player we signed but Sissoko showed flashes of the player he could be...if only we had a manager who could utilize his qualities properly...

This probably applies to the whole team as most of us know - however, great result and entertaining second half...we have to enjoy these days as they don't come round very often..!

Guest Haris Vuckic

That play from Anita & Obertan for the second was sublime. :thup:

There was also some totally awesome play on that wing not in the highlights that I now can't remember.

Chelsea's shooting was very poor yesterday, they should have scored. I'm just over the moon we did enough to hold them off and pick up two goals in the last third of the game. Both decent too, great ball in by Cabaye for Gouffran and the bit of link up play between Obertan and Anita was class that led to Remy's.

Expected another one of those games where we huffed and puffed, looked good for two 20 minute patches but come away with a defeat. Really surprised and happy. Debuchy has really started to come along now with his performances too which is great as he was important yesterday.

Will we be on GOS or are Sky not allowed to show it?

Been really bugging me how the game has been completely swept under the carpet. Normally any team beating Chelsea would be seen as a big deal by Sky but I watched SSN for half an hour this morning and not a single mention of our game. Then only seen the intro to goals on sunday but again no clip or mention of it in the intro.

I know BT had the rights but come on atleast mention it even if you can't show the footage.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Did anyone actually hold up those posters the Chronicle were giving out?

Someone had attached one over an exit at the Leazes, probably by blue tac or chewing gum but it was there for the duration.

Ah fair enough :lol: