http://i.imgur.com/UFczGdg.png

http://i.imgur.com/AshktyQ.png

http://i.imgur.com/A4DflH0.png

Guest neesy111

Mackems (a) - expected win - lose

Chelsea (h) - expected us to lose - win

Spurs (a) - expected us to lose - win

Norwich (h) - expect us to win -  :okay:

Does seem to be when we are expected to lose, we turn in a good performance and result.

Does seem to be when we are expected to lose, we turn in a good performance and result.

You would expect us to beat Norwich comfortably with a good performance after those last two results. However you just dont now which newcastle will turn up. I dont think we have ever given a team a good hiding under Pardew, and i expect this to be close and edgy.

Was listening to this at work. Highlight of the match was Collymore describing Remy as a "predator". :yao:

Great win, congrats. It sounded like the usual "you could say Spurs didn't play well but that's because Newcastle didn't let them play well" thing? Or were you exceptional or Spurs simply that bad?

Which suggests that your manager is a reactive one - not dissimilar to Moyes in that aspect. Can often surprise people when the pressure is supposedly off and nick a goal but when needing a plan to break down a team, can look clueless.

Was listening to this at work. Highlight of the match was Collymore describing Remy as a "predator". :yao:

Great win, congrats. It sounded like the usual "you could say Spurs didn't play well but that's because Newcastle didn't let them play well" thing? Or were you exceptional or Spurs simply that bad?

Bar Krul, we were far from exceptional.

Is it a fair comment to say it was - and here comes the cliche - a good time to play Spurs? Inevitably such a comment would imply no credit should be given to you, which isn't the case whatsoever, but does the sentiment hold true?

Is it a fair comment to say it was - and here comes the cliche - a good time to play Spurs? Inevitably such a comment would imply no credit should be given to you, which isn't the case whatsoever, but does the sentiment hold true?

:thup: No doubt about it. Taking nothing away from a solid first half performance, but on another day...

Well i don't want to say we should be going looking for a second goal when our defence has proven it can withstand the pressure
This f***ing sentence, man. Is this what some of us have actually become?

That's what we mainly did when we finished 5th, just made ourselves a hard team to beat. We are showing signs of that form again. If we come out agaisnt Norwich and play soem nice football, get the 3 points, we will be in a strong position. I think we are improving all the time.

You are aware setting up attempting to 'keep it tight' and hoping to sneak a goal out of no where are not the hallmarks of a consistently successful sides?

Fantastic result considering our recent history at White Hart Lane. To put it simply, we were great in the first half and deserved our half time lead. One thing I really liked this week and last was our counterattacking - it was simple yet effective especially when you have the likes of Remy/Gouffran being the ones to drive us forward. Second half was forgettable like on our part (attacking-wise anyway) but we held firm and defended very well as a unit. Krul's performance is what arguably won us the points though - superhuman reflexes and essentially a brickwall in goal.