Newcastle United vs. Norwich City - Sat 23rd Nov @ 15:00 (not on TV)

TaylorJ_01
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I seem to remember Brett absolutely guaranteeing me that Pardew wouldn't just go with the same team against Norwich and that Ben Arfa would play.

This is Pardew all over, we weren't seeing some sort of tactical genius at work in the last two games. His ploy is always:

- win a game with System X

- use it until one occasion where we lose

- adopt System Y.

- Repeat

Welcome back Wullie, mate.

?

Guest neesy111

How can someone who is paid to be a Premiership manager have no idea how to fit in our most talented player?

Cos he's not a PL level manager.

I seem to remember Brett absolutely guaranteeing me that Pardew wouldn't just go with the same team against Norwich and that Ben Arfa would play.

This is Pardew all over, we weren't seeing some sort of tactical genius at work in the last two games. His ploy is always:

- adopt System Y.

- Repeat

Welcome back Wullie, mate.

?

You're his mate now, he probably tells his lass all about you.

The last two results have been good but the manager is still rank average.

I just hope today we don't do what everyone knows is very likely, go into our shells and punt long balls forward, continue to get more nervous and then concede a soft goal. I'll do a war dance in the pub if we go in a goal up and come out in the 2nd half like its a preseason match, :lol:

Shola starting three premier league games in a row in 2013. What a disgrace. Doesn't really offer us anything, just because we won with him starting doesn't mean he should start each game. Ben Arfa or even Cisse is a far better option.

No matchday thread?

Where are the things, the team things, and match things.

NUFC:  Krul, Yanga-Mbiwa, Coloccini ©, Williamson, Santon; Sissoko, Cabaye, Tiote, Gouffran, Shola Ameobi, Remy

NUFC subs: Elliot, Haidara, Anita, Obertan, Sammy Ameobi, Ben Arfa, Cisse

Radio coverage: Talksport, BBC Radio Newcastle.

Online radio coverage in the UK: talksport.com/football/premier-league/match/2013-11-10/tottenham-hotspur-v-newcastle-united

Online radio coverage outside the UK: www.nufc.co.uk. Yes, that means you have to pay.

PLEASE DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES DISCUSS, REQUEST OR PROVIDE LINKS TO ILLEGAL MATCH STREAMS. IF YOU DO, YOU WILL BE BANNED.

See www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php?topic=19161.0 for more information.

- adopt System Y.

- Repeat

Indeed, his ploy is also to always, always be defensively minded no matter who we're playing. People are still posting things like 'we'll see in the next two games if we've changed as a team'. We haven't and we won't, we just won two games on the spin using the managers only trick. Good wins like, I'm not denying that, but we'll never become anything other than defend and nick one under Pardew.

Why is it so certain that he'll play the same team? He switched it up after beating Cardiff.

Just general Pardew-pessimism I think, same as always.

It's the safer option for Pardew. He'll probably figure we might well win with Shola starting anyway, and it gives him a strong bench if he needs a goal. Pardew is always more comfortable with a solid line up in any case in my view.

That was back on page 3 of this thread last week. It was never going to be any different tbh. Not that I'm too fussed, I think we'll win this game whichever line up we put out, Norwich are a really poor side.