Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ManU - Cabaye scores a deflected goal where the bounce from the deflection beats the keeper.

Southampton - Gouffran scored a goal after a ridiculously sliced clearance from the centreback gives him an easy finish.

Crystal Palace - another deflected goal from Cabaye, pretty much the same as against ManU, and then an own goal to finish the opposition off (no chance they were coming back from 2-0).

A few weeks ago prior to the ManU game there was a discussion on here how in some of our eyes Pardew is arguably the luckiest manager in the league. Given the responses from some of those who disagreed at the time on the basis that luck involves things like deflections, surely this latest run of games pretty much should have changed a few minds at least?

FWIW we deserved the win as we were the vastly superior team and were unlucky to not score more, and I liked his positive substitutions. However it still feels like we're in a purple patch at the moment and that we're getting the rub of the green (maybe not so much against Palace as we should have scored more anyway), hence why I'm hesitant to wax lyrical about our recent form under Pardew. Furthermore, I still don't think the way we're playing at the moment is getting the best out of our players, even if the results suggest otherwise at this point in time.

He can't win though can he?

Mentions champions league and he is a tool, plays it down a bit and he is licking Ashley's arse.

He can't win because he doesn't know when or how to keep his mouth shut.

Mick won't give an inch will he  :lol: Sort of don't blame Mick but is being a tad harsh there

I have criticised Pardew a lot for his cowardice but he really can't win with some.

If he can't win saying we would make champions league but is also criticised claiming we can't compete with 'sovereign states' how specific does he have to be for some to be happy with him?

Mick won't give an inch will he  :lol: Sort of don't blame Mick but is being a tad harsh there

I'm more than happy with what he's had us doing in our last 2 away games when we've been excellent and I hope that we carry on playing the way that I think we can.

He's actually doing what the "haters" wanted him to do and it's paying off, long may it continue.

I have criticised Pardew a lot for his cowardice but he really can't win with some.

If he can't win saying we would make champions league but is also criticised claiming we can't compete with 'sovereign states' how specific does he have to be for some to be happy with him?

You've just mentioned two claims from him that are polar opposites, he can't win with some because he talks shit and you've just proven that yourself.  :lol:

You've just mentioned two claims from him that are polar opposites, he can't win with some because he talks shit and you've just proven that yourself.  :lol:

I have said before I will ignore his bullshit because it is exactly that, people like you will slate him no matter which end of the positive/negative spectrum his comments fall. Why not do the same rather than getting yourself riled up every time he speaks? You just seem so desperate to slag him (and every other manager off) you are predisposed to getting angry every chance you get.

You've just mentioned two claims from him that are polar opposites, he can't win with some because he talks s*** and you've just proven that yourself.  :lol:

I have said before I will ignore his bullshit because it is exactly that, people like you will slate him no matter which end of the positive/negative spectrum his comments fall. Why not do the same rather than getting yourself riled up every time he speaks? You just seem so desperate to slag him (and every other manager off) you are predisposed to getting angry every chance you get.

:clap:

He is perpetually full of shit but I find it hard to get angry with that considering the torrent of questions asked him all the time in press. It's when he's either sucking up to ashley or when he's trying to sell our best players is when he does get me wound up. Getting into europe or not? Bleh load of nonsense.

The arrogance of that post.  :lol:

You act a certain way so others should do the same.  You know how others feel by reading a post. :lol:

The arrogance of that post.  :lol:

You act a certain way so others should do the same.  You know how others feel by reading a post. :lol:

You'd probably enjoy it more if you weren't so desperate to be angry, just saying.

ManU - Cabaye scores a deflected goal where the bounce from the deflection beats the keeper.

Southampton - Gouffran scored a goal after a ridiculously sliced clearance from the centreback gives him an easy finish.

Crystal Palace - another deflected goal from Cabaye, pretty much the same as against ManU, and then an own goal to finish the opposition off (no chance they were coming back from 2-0).

A few weeks ago prior to the ManU game there was a discussion on here how in some of our eyes Pardew is arguably the luckiest manager in the league. Given the responses from some of those who disagreed at the time on the basis that luck involves things like deflections, surely this latest run of games pretty much should have changed a few minds at least?

FWIW we deserved the win as we were the vastly superior team and were unlucky to not score more, and I liked his positive substitutions. However it still feels like we're in a purple patch at the moment and that we're getting the rub of the green (maybe not so much against Palace as we should have scored more anyway), hence why I'm hesitant to wax lyrical about our recent form under Pardew. Furthermore, I still don't think the way we're playing at the moment is getting the best out of our players, even if the results suggest otherwise at this point in time.

That's what I noticed as well, and why I mentioned a couple of times yesterday that while our general passing is great, we don't really seem to have much threat up front as a result of it. Part of that is down to having two right footed players on the left, so we rarely get a worthwhile cross in, and we are still missing a central striker who will get on the end of the crosses which do come in. I'm not sure there's much Pardew can do about the striker though.

Probably this.

Next step for the team is to pick up at least a point when we concede first - yet to happen yet this season.

Alan, you've got another challenge. You've successfully completed every challenge Mick has thrown at you (bar say nothing at all...ever), someone else now fancies a go. Good luck.

You'd probably enjoy it more if you weren't so desperate to be angry, just saying.

Where have I said that I was angry?

Pretty much every post, you haven't said it but you come across like you are.

That's what I noticed as well, and why I mentioned a couple of times yesterday that while our general passing is great, we don't really seem to have much threat up front as a result of it. Part of that is down to having two right footed players on the left, so we rarely get a worthwhile cross in, and we are still missing a central striker who will get on the end of the crosses which do come in. I'm not sure there's much Pardew can do about the striker though.

think santon is the weak link at the moment - need to try easing in hadara or even mapou.

There's little to complain about at the moment, which makes the relentless anti Pardew bile more wearisome than ever to read. 30 points is an excellent return, considering how little investment was made in the summer. Yeah he's got his flaws but overall he's doing a very decent job. Really looking forward to the next game.

There's little to complain about at the moment, which makes the relentless anti Pardew bile more wearisome than ever to read. 30 points is an excellent return, considering how little investment was made in the summer. Yeah he's got his flaws but overall he's doing a very decent job. Really looking forward to the next game.

or its wearisome to read the Pardewistas all lining up to suck his cock cos he's managed to be half competent for a string of games.

You pays your money ya takes ya choice....

Yet you come in and read it.  :lol:

Guest bimpy474

Obviously i'm no fan and my hate of him came from the dire football he gave us. Now it's been much much better so while i'm not convinced by him it would be daft not to praise the improvement. I'm still baffled by one thing at the moment, why play for possession at Man Utd and at Palace (and do it so well). Yet give it up at home to Southampton. It makes no sense. It makes the style of play last season even more baffling. When he goes on about tiredness, you get less tired by keeping possession than you do chasing it.

I'm just hoping he sticks with 4-3-3, it gets the best out of Cabaye and the team as a consequence. We play better football, we win more matches and with a couple more players we could be very very good.

I'm going to enjoy this while it lasts, unfortunately with Ashley you just know something is around the corner to spoil it all (not even Pardew's fault tbf).