Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm honestly beyond discussing it sensibly and disecting everything after games. Truly am. Just want him to fuck off and never ever have to see his horrible cunt of a face ever again.

With you on that. It's just gone on too long.

Even this season, where lots have said we're having a good season, there has only been a few games where he hasn't got dogs abuse for stupid decisions where even when we've won he's made games that should be comfortable wins into nervous wrecks.

Now many argue, like in the 5th season, "hey we won that's all that matters" but they are missing the point. Sure winning is the most important but it set dangerous signs when you can rarely win a game convincingly and as soon as you score you retreat and end up hanging on every time.

The 5th season was so similar to the first half of this but then we went on that great run towards the end which Pardew got massive credit for and we benefited from actually spending money on a striker in January and trying to kick on. However the cynic in me now wonders how much of that was because we may have expected to lose Demba Ba that winter and Cisse was his replacement?

Bottom line for me, Pardew has a talented squad that he simply can't get the best out of.

Have we won from a losing position in the league under him yet?

2006 since we've been behind in the Premiership at half time and won.

Does anyone know how common it is generally, out of interest?

If you can be bothered this might help, select seasons and stats.

http://www.soccerstats.com/table.asp?league=england&tid=i

I can't be arsed right now but I might look into it at some point.  I think getting the first goal in a game is usually a good indicator you'll end up winning it statistically, but I remember times when we used to turn around deficits fairly regularly.  Seems quite rare now.

I can't be arsed right now but I might look into it at some point.  I think getting the first goal in a game is usually a good indicator you'll end up winning it statistically, but I remember times when we used to turn around deficits fairly regularly.  Seems quite rare now.

I've just checked how we've done in 4 1/2 seasons and we've turned 56 deficits at half time into 12 draws.

I'm honestly beyond discussing it sensibly and disecting everything after games. Truly am. Just want him to fuck off and never ever have to see his horrible cunt of a face ever again.

Even this season, where lots have said we're having a good season, there has only been a few games where he hasn't got dogs abuse for stupid decisions where even when we've won he's made games that should be comfortable wins into nervous wrecks.

Now many argue, like in the 5th season, "hey we won that's all that matters" but they are missing the point. Sure winning is the most important but it set dangerous signs when you can rarely win a game convincingly and as soon as you score you retreat and end up hanging on every time.

The 5th season was so similar to the first half of this but then we went on that great run towards the end which Pardew got massive credit for and we benefited from actually spending money on a striker in January and trying to kick on. However the cynic in me now wonders how much of that was because we may have expected to lose Demba Ba that winter and Cisse was his replacement?

Bottom line for me, Pardew has a talented squad that he simply can't get the best out of.

I actually think we've dominated far more minutes of football this season compared to that season if you take early February as the yardstick, we were generally getting a result in scrappy games that neither team really deserved to win before Christmas that year, whereas we've had load of games this year where we've played fairly impressive football in a manner where we dominate the the opposition for 30-45 minutes, then frustratingly revert to defensive football and hang on.

Guest BenArfa10

What do we make of his 'rebuilding' talk then?

Here's who we stand to lose in the summer from being out of contract or coming to the end of a loan: Remy, Gosling, De Jong, Shola, Newton, Streete, Logan, Richardson. I think De Jong will prove his worth and we'll sign him permanently. Remy will go as he'll see that he can do better. Shola is finally off which leaves us with De Jong and Cisse to build an attack around. The rest have little to no first team experience and won't be missed bar Streete who is highly thought of. Richardson may also get a years' extension.

I can envisage the following possibly being sold; Coloccini, Cisse, Amalfitano, Marveaux, Obertan, Jonas. Coloccini has already said he's likely to only see out this season and I think he'll go back to Argentina. Cisse is an abomination of a striker and we'd be lucky to get £4m for him but there is a chance he would stay due to our dearth of striking options. Amalfitano has done nothing at the club and got loaned out to Dijon. Not sure how he's done there. Think we may keep him as he's only 24, I think he just needs to bulk up a bit. Marveaux has been frozen out of the first team, before yesterday's sub appearance, seemingly because of a lack of application in training. He is a talented player and one of the best passers/crossers we've had for a while but I think age (28 this year) and the fact that we got him on a free will appeal to fat Mike and we'll let him go. Obertan is an absolute tool and I don't need to explain why he'll be leaving the club. I've always thought he'd be better played down the middle but I don't think it would stop him forgetting to take the ball with him. Jonas has been completely ignored this season. He has been a stalwart in our team since 2008 but may have finally run out of gas. I just think AP doesn't see him fitting into the system he's working towards (whatever that is). He got injured for a long time earlier on this season and I have a suspicion he didn't come back fit enough which is strange for him. After being sent out on loan to Norwich though I don't see anyway back for him.

In terms of incomings I think we need a new centre back, a back-up right back in the shape of Danny Simpson but obviously not Danny Simpson. To fill the biggest and most obvious gaping hole in our team we need a new CM to replace Cabaye. We also need a new striker, probably two with Shola, Remy and possibly Cisse leaving and if he does we need three. That's six signings so it's going to have to be a big turnaround if it is going to happen. Pardew said he's done it before when Carroll left he picked up Marveaux, Cabaye, Ba and then Cisse in the January for around £13m-14m. Three of those players were a huge part of our success in 11-12. We sold Ba for a very meagre £7m in January 2013 and then picked up Gouffran, Yanga-Mbiwa, Sissoko, Haidara and Debuchy for around £18m. Four of those players make up the core of our first team at the moment so you could say we have previous of being relatively successful in turning around teams and building from the sale of one player. We have the spectacle of the World Cup which will put the buffers on any deals until the middle-end of July which gives us a month to get signings in before the start of the 14-15 Premier League season. I honestly don't have a lot of faith or trust in Pardew. Even less in Kinnear and Ashley but if this is going to be done it needs to be done quickly and professionally. I won't hold my breath.

I'm honestly beyond discussing it sensibly and disecting everything after games. Truly am. Just want him to f*** off and never ever have to see his horrible c*** of a face ever again.

I actually think we've dominated far more minutes of football this season compared to that season if you take early February as the yardstick, we were generally getting a result in scrappy games that neither team really deserved to win before Christmas that year, whereas we've had load of games this year where we've played fairly impressive football in a manner where we dominate the the opposition for 30-45 minutes, then frustratingly revert to defensive football and hang on.

I kinda feel like this season we've been very lucky. Considering some of the games we've won and some we've lost, you'd think it would be the other way round. I think we're lucky Gouffran turned out to work so well despite him being no world beater, Remy coming in, Williamson stepping up, Cabaye playing so well after the Summer debarcle (and the incentive of moving in Jan), Tiote improving, probably in reaction to Cabaye, the Spurs game... In the 5th season, although we had a good share of luck, that back 4 was solid through some hard work it would seem. There seems to be very little work this season, that list above that I've labelled as lucky, I can't see much work from Pardew et al to create those positives.

Fucking hate football at the moment. Our current state of intentional purgatory is unbearable. Every other club is at least trying their best to improve, we're literally the only club in the whole of the Football league and probably Europe deliberately not trying to progress forward.

It's horrendous, utterly shite. Leeds and Coventry the only fuckers I feel sorry for.

I'm honestly beyond discussing it sensibly and disecting everything after games. Truly am. Just want him to f*** off and never ever have to see his horrible c*** of a face ever again.

I kinda feel like this season we've been very lucky. Considering some of the games we've won and some we've lost, you'd think it would be the other way round. I think we're lucky Gouffran turned out to work so well despite him being no world beater, Remy coming in, Williamson stepping up, Cabaye playing so well after the Summer debarcle (and the incentive of moving in Jan), Tiote improving, probably in reaction to Cabaye, the Spurs game... In the 5th season, although we had a good share of luck, that back 4 was solid through some hard work it would seem. There seems to be very little work this season, that list above that I've labelled as lucky, I can't see much work from Pardew et al to create those positives.

I think with this standard of squad Pardew is capable of having us finish 8th-12th every year if he doesn't have the Europa League as a complication, I agree that a few things have fallen his way this season but by the same token a few things have gone wrong (Coloccini's fitness issues, Ben Arfa not being Superman for him these days, a few daft suspensions such as Debuchy's when he was looking our best player, aliens, etc).

The trouble is that I don't think 8th need be our ceiling, the likes of Spurs and Everton are there to be caught but I don't think he's getting the best of a very good (but admittedly quite imbalanced) squad.  The Man Utd, Spurs and Chelsea results were a bit misleading, it makes it seem like we've done better than we have.

Aye, the Spurs, Chelsea and Man Utd results have us as far ahead of 10th as we are. But then abortions like Hull at home should have us higher. On Ben Arfa, he's definitely not as good because of Pardew.

If a manager doesn't get 8th-12th with this team then he want's garotted. 8th needn't be our ceiling at all and there are so many easy options to ensure that. Lukaku, Zaha, Sinclair and Ince are a few that highlight one example.

Like we've got any chance whatsoever of finishing 8th. That particular dream is over.

I think we'd get 8th if we were aiming for 5th or 6th to get into Europe, if you know what I mean.  As it stands we have 14 games left and voluntarily seem to have decided that we have nothing to play for, so I agree with you - I think our season is in real danger or falling flat and we'll potentially drop down a few places.  Players need motivation and they're probably being told the job's done, so it wouldn't be a big surprise to see us fall away from the DREAM of 8th in the league.

Fucking hell, you're telling me we can't even win something when we make up our own rules to exclude the best teams?  Let's just chuck it in and play hockey or something, eh?

:lol: Our best hope is a European Super League, whatever happened to that?

Pardew was completely and utterly out of his depth yesterday and the performances of the two sides showed up clearly that Poyet's influence is making Sunderland into a decent side whilst Pardew's is making NUFC worse, even allowing for the loss of Cabaye and Remy.

The players looked scared witless and unmotivated - hardly surprising when the club has patently displayed its lack of ambition this week, but I bet KK would have got these players playing with far more spirit than they displayed under Pardew yesterday.

He has added yet another fine notch to his NUFC records bed-post....9 goals conceded without reply in 2 home games last season and our biggest home defeat for 80 years, then a 3rd Derby loss on the trot which has not happened, again, in 80 years.

He is, though, just another fitting representative of Ashley - Sunderland took the brave decision to admit they got it wrong with De Canio and recruited Poyet...it now looks as though that decision is going to pay off big time whilst Pardew and Ashley drag us further into mediocrity....