Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I am slightly fearful of the reaction I will get to this post, but I myself am trying to work out the events of the weekend and make sense of it.

If Pardew had been sacked at the end of last season, but Kinnear was still DoF, no permanent signings etc etc, and we had appointed a manager of the quality of a Martinez (or whoever else people would want to replace Pardew), do people think we would be doing markedly better? 

Don't get me wrong - Pardew is an average manager and if someone offered me a better manager, I would snap their hand off.

He struggled to find the answers, at least the ones he might want to give, and which wouldn’t cost him his job.

He has done that in every press conference since he took over

I am slightly fearful of the reaction I will get to this post, but I myself am trying to work out the events of the weekend and make sense of it.

If Pardew had been sacked at the end of last season, but Kinnear was still DoF, no permanent signings etc etc, and we had appointed a manager of the quality of a Martinez (or whoever else people would want to replace Pardew), do people think we would be doing markedly better? 

Don't get me wrong - Pardew is an average manager and if someone offered me a better manager, I would snap their hand off.

Any manager with pride in himself and an inch of self worth wouldn't even take the job on under the current conditions

If Pardew had been sacked at the end of last season, but Kinnear was still DoF, no permanent signings etc etc, and we had appointed a manager of the quality of a Martinez (or whoever else people would want to replace Pardew),  do people think we would be doing markedly better? 

Yes. A billion times, yes.

martinez would have made so much better use of the talent we have in the squad. Plus, he wouldn't have had us hoying long balls to Shola all afternoon then blaming the fans for groaning.  :rant:

I think Martinez (or anyone worth considering) would not take the job with Kinnear as DOF so that question is not really answerable . Also  I cannot believe anyone would disagree with your final sentence.

Q: It’s a tough question to ask you but is the club, as it stands, capable of making permanent signings?

Pardew: 'Well ...'

Press officer: 'I think that’s an unfair one to ask the manager.

Something fishy is going on behind the scenes here................

Q: You said at the start of last week that the club can’t not replace Yohan, but that’s exactly what happened.

Pardew: 'I didn’t particularly say in this window though. I said, you know, we’ve got to get players of that class, there’s no doubt about that. So don’t try and angle that for this window because I think that’s unfair on me.'

Q: You said ‘we need to bring someone in, for sure. We can’t lose someone of his quality and not replace him. That would leave us vulnerable’. Do you stand by that?

Pardew: 'Well, I’ve said it, ain’t I? But I’m meaning in the long-term as well as the short-term, that it’s the quality we need. And, you know, today has been a tough day for us and I don’t really want to add any more to it, to be honest.

So he meant long-term as well as short-term, the question still stands, who have we got in of that class short-term to replace him?

"I didn't particularly say this window though".  :lol: :lol: FFS

Might as well have said "I know you are, but what am I?"

Useless tw*t. What an absolute charlatan he is, and the thing is, he must know it. How could he not?

:lol:

The lack of dignity in that interview is staggering. Ashley and Kinnear hang him out to dry like some patsy (which of course he is) What exists at the club now, is some sort of facist regime, where dissenters will be weeded out, with also the club attempting to control the media, by banning those that seek to question (like the local rags) and put out club-friendly propaganda via the likes of Sky and SD news.

Shameful!

I think Martinez (or anyone worth considering) would not take the job with Kinnear as DOF so that question is not really answerable . Also  I cannot believe anyone would disagree with your final sentence.

Fair enough - I suppose the question isn't all that great.  On the basis that there are lots of better managers out there than Pardew, it is reasonable to assume they would be doing better than him.  I just can't work out by how much he is underperforming and where we should reasonably expect to be (caveated of course by the fact that we should be aiming to win stuff and shouldn't limit ourselves..).

I thought that Ashley wanted rid of Pardew but wouldn't pay him off?  If that is or was the case, surely he would have that to fall back on if he was sacked for saying something he shouldn't.  I don't but into this shit about him being unwillingly hung out to dry by those above.