Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

See, I read that interview and I just don't get how it leads people to their spineless, slimy, outraged conclusions.

He just seems to be completely sick of trying to remain professional and present a united front after his boss has dropped him in the s*** again. It's the face he was presenting before the derby too.

He could do a Malcky Mackay but then he'd  be out of a job within the week. It says more about the strained relations within the club than any flaws Pardew has.

Isnt that the point though? the reason he comes across as a slimy bottler I mean?

If faced with that sort of humiliation / undermining of your job on a weekly basis anyone with an ounce of professional integrity would front it &, if need be, negotiate a way out if they weren't prepared to make your job tenable.

He`s a shite tactician, out of his depth desperate to cling on to the most high profile job he`s ever / will ever had.

With this bloke as manager, we will never win anything (Long balls up to Shola was his master plan Saturday remember)

Bobby Robson was constantly undermined, overruled and mistreated too.

Barcelona were canny rude to him as well.

His professionalism and refusal to walk out on an agreement is lauded as gentlemanly rather than making him a slimy bottler.

No, that's not suggesting for one second that Pardew is one fraction of the manager that Robson is, but getting on with the job despite your gaffer is something the vast majority can surely relate to.

Why even make a completely redundant comparison then? Especially one that completely ignores any context

It's not completely redundant.  It doesn't strike me as being a slimy approach.

Especially given the vocal stick Keegan has had around here for rocking the boat.

See, I read that interview and I just don't get how it leads people to their spineless, slimy, outraged conclusions.

He just seems to be completely sick of trying to remain professional and present a united front after his boss has dropped him in the s*** again. It's the face he was presenting before the derby too.

He could do a Malcky Mackay but then he'd  be out of a job within the week. It says more about the strained relations within the club than any flaws Pardew has.

Isnt that the point though? the reason he comes across as a slimy bottler I mean?

If faced with that sort of humiliation / undermining of your job on a weekly basis anyone with an ounce of professional integrity would front it &, if need be, negotiate a way out if they weren't prepared to make your job tenable.

He`s a s**** tactician, out of his depth desperate to cling on to the most high profile job he`s ever / will ever had.

With this bloke as manager, we will never win anything (Long balls up to Shola was his master plan Saturday remember)

Bobby Robson was constantly undermined, overruled and mistreated too.

Barcelona were canny rude to him as well.

His professionalism and refusal to walk out on an agreement is lauded as gentlemanly rather than making him a slimy bottler.

No, that's not suggesting for one second that Pardew is one fraction of the manager that Robson is, but getting on with the job despite your gaffer is something the vast majority can surely relate to.

Don't get me wrong now, he comes across as an affable pleasant chap who, based on anecdotal evidence I`ve read, seems a decent bloke, but after 5 minutes of Saturdays game, when I rumbled his master plan, I was seething & so should anyone with an ounce of football knowledge have been at the paucity of schemes he had under his hat. SBR was a proud but shrewd man whose professional integrity refused him the opportunity to manage NUFC when the opportunity first presented itself because he was under contract & wanted to do the right thing. Please don't tell me Pardews operates within similar principles. His willingness to hang on to the job is, in my opinion, financially motivated coupled with an almost narcissistic longing to stay a "high profile" manager, regardless of the consequences.

We are where we are in the league despite him not because of him.   

Was SBR a front for an owner draining resources out of the club and actively taking the p*ss out of us?

Yes :lol:

So he was a willing patsy? Is that what your trying to suggest? Fucking hell man

What are you on about. Willing Patsy?

If Pardewsaid on the loss of Cabaye...

'I'm not interested in profit. But it's a huge offer, which we have to consider. I don't want to lose him but it's a huge sum of money.

'It's also a huge opportunity for him. Do we deny him that opportunity? There's a moral issue here.'

He'd get a helluva lot of stick because of who he is, but that's what Robson said when we sold Woodgate.  It doesn't make either of them a willing patsy it makes them professional managers.

The Shepherd regime took much more out of the club than Ashley ever has. And clearly Sir Bobby didn't walk in protest. This isn't a problem for me because I don't expect a manager to do that, but the point is at least semi-valid.

oh dear god

Double oh dear god...

Why even make a completely redundant comparison then? Especially one that completely ignores any context

It's not completely redundant.  It doesn't strike me as being a slimy approach.

Especially given the vocal stick Keegan has had around here for rocking the boat.

Horseshit.

I don't see how it's so terrible, just saying that both managers worked under regimes that did things to harm the club and the fans.

I don't think it was originally that general :lol:

Ah right, sorry, I've been avoiding this thread for a while. Carry on!

The huge difference is SBR had out best interests at heart, was a good manager, didn't actively denigrate the club, the fans, praise the owner, wasn't hired purely as a front man. It's in no way similar

Well some of that has some merit and some not IMO, but anyway, pointless going back through all those points again.

I notice there's quotes from Anita saying that he thought the players were all too wound up going into the game and trying too hard, which is exactly what I said last night. Take John Carver's fucking DVDs off him ffs.

The huge difference is SBR had out best interests at heart, was a good manager, didn't actively denigrate the club, the fans, praise the owner, wasn't hired purely as a front man. It's in no way similar

I'm just bored of every utterance being criticised no matter what. 

No matter how happy or forlorn he is. 

No matter how honest or deceiving.

No matter how factual or misleading.

I'm just bored of every utterance being criticised no matter what. 

No matter how happy or forlorn he is. 

No matter how honest or deceiving.

No matter how factual or misleading.

You've got to get over this mate, it's how it is. Everyone hates everything about the regime too much for it to ever change.