Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nothing matters with regards to him losing the dressing room etc.

We're 9th and Ashley has a manager capabel of keeping us in the Premier League on a presumably low salary.

He's not going anywhere.

Ultimately, as an outsider, you're 9th.

Nobody is going to get sacked for getting you 9th. Not in modern football, with the lowered expectations it means for all but a handful of clubs.

I am in no doubt about us finishing lower than 9th. Its all about how many teams can pick up enough points to overtake us. We will at best get a point at some of our remaining away games, if we don't lose them all. Can see us losing at least 3 of our home too. If we did that would be 24 points lost. Relegation is unlikely but we can easily finish 13th/14th imo. 

Oddly mentions in his BBC interview that 'we've had some really bad news today on a personal level', and that with the game as well it's been a really tough day.

Interesting, find it hard to believe it's not just another excuse though.

Obviously hope it's nowt serious to anyones health or owt like.

@lee_ryder

Alan Pardew has apparently rescheduled #nufc training days in response to defeat.

After the last defeat he gave them an extra day off, is he cancelling it all together now?  Actually, that might work.

Oddly mentions in his BBC interview that 'we've had some really bad news today on a personal level', and that with the game as well it's been a really tough day.

Interesting, find it hard to believe it's not just another excuse though.

Obviously hope it's nowt serious to anyones health or owt like.

Carvers Dad died ?

Radio commentators mentioned Carver's dad died today.

Ah. :undecided:

Radio commentators mentioned Carver's dad died today.

Ah. :undecided:

Still its a new excuse on the Pardew excuse board

An extra day's training here or there means nowt. Until he can begin to motivate them and instill a bit of confidence in them it doesn't matter a fucking jot what him and the other dopey bastards do in training. Looked like XI strangers thrown together despite all of the 'back to basics' shite.

Obviously horrendous news (and RIP Mr. Carver) but the cynic in me immediately says is there any need to bring that up? Maybe I'm just being harsh but...

I agree totally, it's terrible news for the Carver family, it has nothing to do with our result tonight so shouldn't have even been mentioned by the slimy bastard.

Didn't hear it myself but didn't he basically say "We've had bad news too, so today's been pretty shit."

Not "We've had some bad news and it might have contributed to the shit performance?"

But why bring it in to the public arena? Does it need to be known by public audience?