Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The nature of the ban is as interesting as the length imo. Touchline, stadium or all aspects ban.

Touchline seems a little pointless, he's already said he's going to sit back and let John 'Gentleman' Carver loose

Stadium ban is a little halfway house, although we might see fewer second half relapses. Would probably give Ashley an excuse to leave the structure as is and let Carver/Stone run matchday

All aspects is really the only meaningful ban that the FA can dish out. We're safe so unlikely to see anyone brought in to cover, but maybe someone like Beardsley would be given a chance to show what he can do with the first team. If we do well it could be bye bye AP

Regardless of who it is, if I were the FA it would be an all aspects ban for any offense like this - be it player or manager (well maybe first team aspects for players to allow them to continue to train and retain fitness), but as they are a law into themselves its impossible to see where they will go.

Imagine a fan "headbutting" a player..Wonder what would have happened then..

Almost certainly time in prison, the prick who punched the horse did time and he didn't appear to do any damage.

What happened to the fan that punched the Swindon Keeper?

If someone swung a punch and it connected with Cisse's chin, even if it was soft...You would be demanding that the person throwing that lunch was sent off, suspended and fined.

Could have been Steve Bruce on one of our players though and i wouldn't be calling for him to be sacked or a half a season ban though. I think 8 games max would be fair.

I think if the club sacked him, he couldn't camplain.  He is  menace to soccer, a danger to other managers and players.

If someone swung a punch and it connected with Cisse's chin, even if it was soft...You would be demanding that the person throwing that lunch was sent off, suspended and fined.

Could have been Steve Bruce on one of our players though and i wouldn't be calling for him to be sacked or a half a season ban though. I think 8 games max would be fair.

I think if the club sacked him, he couldn't camplain.  He is  menace to soccer, a danger to other managers and players.

As is Bruce's face.

:lol:

Alan Pardew could yet lose his job as Newcastle manager if the FA hit him with a lengthy stadium ban for headbutting Hull’s David Meyler.

Newcastle’s immediate response on Saturday night was to publicly condemn Pardew for his astonishing touchline attack at the KC Stadium and issue him with a formal warning and a £100,000 fine.

It was enough to convince those close to Pardew that his employers will take no further action - but the club’s position could change depending on the severity of the punishment.

A 10-game ban for Pardew would see him miss the rest of the season with matchday duties switching to assistants John Carver and Steve Stone, leaving Newcastle owner Mike Ashley looking at the long-term repercussions.

The controversial owner, who gave Pardew an eight-year deal last season, is understood to have acted swiftly on Saturday evening in an attempt to draw a line under the incident and end speculation that he intends to sack Pardew.

But Ashley holds a review of all aspects of the club at the end of every season and Pardew’s behaviour is certain to come under scrutiny despite him being almost certain to provide the top-half finish which was his target for this season.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2571525/Alan-Pardew-left-fearing-job-David-Meyler-headbutt-FA-stadium-ban-force-Newcastle-United-sack-him.html#ixzz2uu7XxmXk

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Alan Pardew could yet lose his job as Newcastle manager if the FA hit him with a lengthy stadium ban for headbutting Hull’s David Meyler.

Newcastle’s immediate response on Saturday night was to publicly condemn Pardew for his astonishing touchline attack at the KC Stadium and issue him with a formal warning and a £100,000 fine.

It was enough to convince those close to Pardew that his employers will take no further action - but the club’s position could change depending on the severity of the punishment.

A 10-game ban for Pardew would see him miss the rest of the season with matchday duties switching to assistants John Carver and Steve Stone, leaving Newcastle owner Mike Ashley looking at the long-term repercussions.

The controversial owner, who gave Pardew an eight-year deal last season, is understood to have acted swiftly on Saturday evening in an attempt to draw a line under the incident and end speculation that he intends to sack Pardew.

But Ashley holds a review of all aspects of the club at the end of every season and Pardew’s behaviour is certain to come under scrutiny despite him being almost certain to provide the top-half finish which was his target for this season.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2571525/Alan-Pardew-left-fearing-job-David-Meyler-headbutt-FA-stadium-ban-force-Newcastle-United-sack-him.html#ixzz2uu7XxmXk

that article sounds more sulky that their realistic chance of speculating he could be sacked was taken away so quickly than it having any chance of actually happening

The fact that the media are not even supporting him is a damning sign. They usually go easier on the English managers typically, and I've actually been surprised at their reaction. Seems like he will really be in hot water over this.

that article sounds more sulky that their realistic chance of speculating he could be sacked was taken away so quickly than it having any chance of actually happening

Graham Poll the referee has said he's lucky not to have been sacked. He says if a match official had butted a player he'd never be allowed to officiate again. I think he has a point.

I get the feeling Pardew is not universally liked amongst the pundits and writers.

They've been praising him all season, and usually have his back. It's quite surprising he has hardly anyone with him on this.

The fact that the media are not even supporting him is a damning sign. They usually go easier on the English managers typically, and I've actually been surprised at their reaction. Seems like he will really be in hot water over this.

Media wanted Suarez's head on a chopping board as well, i think that was more expected with him given his reputation. At least Liverpool club/fans stuck by their man during the difficult time. I'm fairly surprised the media have painted Pardew in a similar light, think it's just the sheer surprise of it all for a manager to headbutt a player, unheard of.

More worried about the unpredictable nature of the FA, they love random figures without much thought process.

What 'rest of the season'?  I could see a panic replacement if we were down the other end of the table, but we've already reached the 40-point finish line.  Is Ashley going to sack him because he won't be able to guide us to Europe if he's not allowed in the ground?  Pffft.

What 'rest of the season'?  I could see a panic replacement if we were down the other end of the table, but we've already reached the 40-point finish line.  Is Ashley going to sack him because he won't be able to guide us to Europe if he's not allowed in the ground?  Pffft.

Interestingly, I think the fact that we're safe will make it more likely they hand out a ridiculous ban, and be seen to be coming down hard. Think they would have been less likely to do so if we were near the bottom.

I will admit that I have never, ever liked him and therefore am probably  a little biased but If he gets a 10 game stadium ban he effectively becomes unable to perform a key part of his duties as a result of violent conduct in the workplace.

If anyone on here was banned from their place of work for violent conduct for over 25% of the working year they would be out on their arse immediately - this should be no different.

Sack him.

Sack him now.

When are we exepected to hear anything from the FA?

Guest neesy111

Whatever anyone says, a manager "head butting" a player is far worse than two players getting aggressive. The manager is the focal point of the club, and has ZERO reason to be involved in a situation like this. Players get caught up in the heat of the battle so they get a little more leeway when it comes to what constitutes aggressive behaviour.

Basically, in any other professional job, acting like that would see you sacked, so I don't see why it should be any different for a football manager. Players rightfully get slightly more leeway as there's every chance of getting into a heated battle with someone. There's is no reason for a manager too.

Basically my view as well.

:thup:

I agree tbh, but there would be genuine grounds for sacking him if he wasn't able to do his job due to not being at the ground on match days. Of course that would only happen if Ashley wanted an excuse to sack him and I don't think that's the case. 40 pts job done as far as he's concerned.

I can imagine that the FA will set an example as this is the first time it happens. This combined with Pardcunts earlier antics on the sideline. If it only is a 5 game ban then it will make the FA look weak and it is very likely to happen again as a 5 game ban is pretty much nothing. I think it will be 10+ stadium ban.

It's difficult to imagine, but the football under Carver and Stone would be even more grim. It would defy belief.

I doubt it would make much difference tbh. The only tactics we seem to employ are to keep plenty of people behind the ball. What would be the worst that could happen if Carver and Stone weren't able to replicate that? We might concede a few more and we might score a few more.