Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

According to Simon Bird the £100k is going to the NUFC Foundation, so that's good.

It stays within the club, so it could be £100k they were going to get anyway.  :lol:

If this went to court an expert legal defence team would question every single aspect of the case. I can assure you from personal experience that examples of what happens elsewhere in the football industry would be extremely relevant in determining a definition of gross misconduct.

What happens elsewhere has no bearing on our club when it comes to discipline as we have no say in how other clubs are run.  Gross misconduct is clearly laid out by ACAS and ACAS are used as the benchmark on how to carry out disciplinary processes.  ACAS list some forms of Gross Misconduct, but not all, violence and bringing the club (in our case) into disrepute are both listed.

Indeed but if the club wanted to use this incident to sack Pardew then it would have some bridges to cross. It could be argued that there was no violence as he didn't hurt anyone (although he could have done if he wanted to) and he didn't bring the club into disrepute, any disrepute has been brought on Pardew himself. Carrying off high profile sackings of senior well paid employees without compensation are notoriously difficult once expensive and expert lawyers get stuck in - which is why they  hardly ever happen. If a company needs to get rid of a senior employee it's done with a Compromise/Settlement Agreement that involves money changing hands. By the way just for the record I am not condoning Pardews's actions which were pathetic. 

If this went to court an expert legal defence team would question every single aspect of the case. I can assure you from personal experience that examples of what happens elsewhere in the football industry would be extremely relevant in determining a definition of gross misconduct.

What happens elsewhere has no bearing on our club when it comes to discipline as we have no say in how other clubs are run.  Gross misconduct is clearly laid out by ACAS and ACAS are used as the benchmark on how to carry out disciplinary processes.  ACAS list some forms of Gross Misconduct, but not all, violence and bringing the club (in our case) into disrepute are both listed.

Indeed but if the club wanted to use this incident to sack Pardew then it would have some bridges to cross. It could be argued that there was no violence as he didn't hurt anyone (although he could have done if he wanted to) and he didn't bring the club into disrepute, any disrepute has been brought on Pardew himself. Carrying off high profile sackings of senior well paid employees without compensation are notoriously difficult once expensive and expert lawyers get stuck in - which is why they  hardly ever happen. If a company needs to get rid of a senior employee it's done with a Compromise/Settlement Agreement that involves money changing hands. By the way just for the record I am not condoning Pardews's actions which were pathetic. 

Violence isn't recorded by how much damage you do ffs, the act in itself was a violent act regardless if any damage was done. He was also representing out club at a football match therefor anything he does reflects the club. If an employee does anything whilst wearing uniform or whilst at their place of work they are representing the company they work for therefor anything they do that would show themselves in a bad light also brings the company into disrepute.

Violence isn't recorded by how much damage you do ffs, the act in itself was a violent act regardless if any damage was done. He was also representing out club at a football match therefor anything he does reflects the club. If an employee does anything whilst wearing uniform or whilst at their place of work they are representing the company they work for therefor anything they do that would show themselves in a bad light also brings the company into disrepute.

I don't disagree with you. I'm trying to demonstrate what a legal team defending Pardew might come up with, and they would be far better at it than I am.

I'm aware of what happens when senior staff are finished they usually get a pay-off, mostly because the company doesn't want news of the sacking to get out as they look stupid by association so it's as much a gagging pay-off.  For instance, they have allowed a situation to occur which allows the senior staff member to do whatever he's done.  I also know of senior staff who have been peddled with nothing because what they did was beyond doubt and couldn't be kept in-house.

One of the videos shows Meyler's head getting knocked backwards when Pardew makes contact, the lack of injuries don't prove no violence.  Bringing the name of the club into disrepute is beyond doubt, just look at the articles in here and that's a fraction of what's going around tonight.  Everyone of them mentions the name of the football club and the news is literally going around the globe.

I know you're not condoning what he's done so don't worry about that.