Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/alan-pardew-headbutt-lma-chief-3199339

League Managers Association chief executive Richard Bevan has branded Newcastle United boss Alan Pardew "insupportable" following his headbutt on Hull's David Meyler.

The Toon boss has been fined £100,000 and handed a formal warning by his club following the incident, which marred the Magpies 4-1 win against Hull on Saturday.

And Pardew is almost certain to face disciplinary action from the Football Association, with head honcho Greg Dyke having confirmed that they are looking into the incident.

"The buck stops with Alan," said Bevan.

"It's unacceptable, it's inappropriate and it's insupportable from every perspective and Alan knows that.

"He immediately realised the serious error, [made] sincere apologies to all parties and obviously [has] deep regret.

"It was good to see [Hull boss] Steve Bruce's reaction and Hull accepting [Pardew's apology].

"But Alan does need to think hard about how not to put himself in that position again.

"I was pleased to see Newcastle in a very short period of time making a very swift, professional response that provided Alan with a very heavy fine and a formal warning."

The incident occurred during the second period, with Pardew, standing on the edge of his technical area, clashing with Meyler as the Tigers midfielder ran to retrieve the ball.

And Bevan says that the LMA are reviewing the positioning of technical areas and could move managers further away.

"We did a technical report six or seven months ago, interviewing 40 referees and 40 managers, and we're looking at the moment how the technical area works in America, for example, in other sports and seeing how we can look to improve several problems that occur because of the positioning."

Not even defended by his own union.

Anyone consider that whatever sanction the FA impose may alter the clubs perspective on Pardews position?

The FA will not alter the clubs decision unless they say he can't manage.  The only thing which could alter his club punishment would be new evidence and as they've probably seen what happened I think he's got off with it.

Just to clarify (again), Pardew is in the wrong but common sense would have been the whole thing sorted out with the ref/4th official saying "Come on lads, stop being dickheads!" and it would have been done and dusted without the hysteria.

So next time someone uses 'violent conduct' (I believe that's what a headbutt is classed as in the rulebook, I may be wrong) against one of our players you'll not be arsed and definitely won't be calling for a card.

Just to clarify (again), Pardew is in the wrong but common sense would have been the whole thing sorted out with the ref/4th official saying "Come on lads, stop being dickheads!" and it would have been done and dusted without the hysteria.

So next time someone uses 'violent conduct' (I believe that's what a headbutt is classed as in the rulebook, I may be wrong) against one of our players you'll not be arsed and definitely won't be calling for a card.

No I'll be calling for a card because that is what the current rules dictate and we should all be treated the same. That doesn't mean I agree with the rules.

Actually not sure why you are asking this question, I said (by the book) Reina was rightfully sent off for the incident against Perch, Remy had no defence and on numerous occasions have said Pardew deserves everything he gets from this  :undecided:

What the rest of the world says doesn't really matter because the one person whose opinion means anything is fully behind him.

Not necessarily fully behind him, a formal warning is a first step on the ladder if you want a watertight and no compensation dismissal.

What the rest of the world says doesn't really matter because the one person whose opinion means anything is fully behind him.

Not necessarily fully behind him, a formal warning is a first step on the ladder if you want a watertight and no compensation dismissal.

Of course he's fully behind him, he was gifted a sacking without compensation and he's passed on it and I doubt he'll ever get that opportunity again.