Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm not outraged by the incident or anything. Didn't like MoTD saying there was no provocation, there clearly was.

He has embarrassed himself and the club though. Dreadful behaviour really. But then, so was Mourinho's.

Aye I personally think it's funny as fuck tbh, he's actually went up in my estimations :lol:

Still though, he did sort of headbutt a player, there's obviously going to be a lot said about it and people are entitled to believe he probably should be sacked for it, as to be fair he probably should have been  :lol:

Been going round the world to see how it's being covered elsewhere.

So while Jeff Stelling went completely apeshit on live TV, Japan Today reported more soberly that...

"Pardew was sent to the stands after inclining his head towards Meyler during a second-half touchline confrontation"

http://www.japantoday.com/category/sports/view/chelsea-pull-clear-pardew-sent-off-for-headbutt

:lol:

USA today says...

"Alan Pardew was sent to the stands after he appeared to headbutt Hull City midfielder David Meyler"

No hyperbole there.  What it does call "amazing" is Stelling's reaction...which it links to as a video.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/03/newcastle-pardew-headbutt-hull/

The headbutt was a disgrace.  But it pales into insignificance compared to dozens of other on pitch assaults.  As bad as Canona's Kung Fu kick (on a fan)?  No.  As bad a Suarez getting all bitey?  Course not.  Barton's elbowy, kicky, headbutt at Man City? Nowhere near. Di Canio taking down a referee, or Prutton...Ben Thatcher's elbow or Roy Keane's career ender.

Pardew's a manager and will be held to higher standards. As he should.  He deserves a lengthy ban.  He's accepted that and apologised.  But the desperation of our local media to sensationalise it has been pathetic.

Fucking Hansen giving it "won't somebody think of the children?" after all those other examples.  Sooner he's off the telly the better.

Hyperbole from Jeff Stelling?

He got it absolutely spot on. The Daily Mail/Star et all are shit papers, Hanson is a a shit pundit, as is Robbie Savage, you didn't really need to scour the web for select quotes from worldwide news sites to prove that.

Guest firetotheworks

Disagree completely. Players are constantly involved in the action, whereas managers are not only on the sidelines but usually the ones that wax lyrical about players setting standards and being role models.

The sensationalism will bring it to the fore more and probably do more damage in setting a negative example to children/in general, but if he didn't want that then he shouldn't have fucking headbutted/leaned into a player, or otherwise got involved in the field of play at all. The man has absolutely no class, no excuse for doing it, and no side-note or vindication on it about the media sensationalising something, when the gauntlet for the media jumping all over things like that was set and cast in stone at the dawn of their creation.

141 are for the sack for this headbutt? f***ing hell, here I am thinking it was just the media blowing it out of proportion. He’ll be hit with a lengthy ban and that should be the end of the matter.

:lol: :lol:

He's been formally warned by his employer and his own union have pretty much wiped their hands of him.

But aye, it's just the media blowing a manager headbutting a player out of proportion. I like how Kinnear is universally hated for being a complete cretin, yet he's never done anything even remotely cockish as what f***ing Pardew has done, who can literally nut a player and still have people be like "ahh it was f*** all man, it's not like he floored the lad or out".

Never said it was fuck all. When you read a couple of articles and they are calling him a monster/animal on the touchline, just find it pathetic. Then they paint Meyler in great light how he didn't make a meal of it even though it was him that provoked it all flaring up and Pardew has just been a complete idiot to rise to it. Just took the shine off not only his excellent tactics during the win but also the players outstanding performance, which is a shame.

He’ll get a canny ban but that won’t be enough to appease the media who will look to try for capital punishment no doubt. Media friendly Jose who pokes another coach in the eye from behind had his ban lifted and went unpunished yet hardly anything was made of that one.

Aye, nothing was made of that.  Didn't spark worldwide news coverage or owt.

It's fine for our manager to stick the nut on a player cos a different manager in another country once did something different.

It's fine for our manager to stick the nut on a player cos a different manager in another country once did something different.

Where am i saying it's fine? I'm saying a lengthy ban would be acceptable and fair. I think sack him and calling him a monster on the touchline is over the top and Meyler doesn't deserve credit in the situation.

Where am i saying it's fine? I'm saying a lengthy ban would be acceptable and fair. I think sack him and calling him a monster on the touchline is over the top and Meyler doesn't deserve credit in the situation.

I think sacking him and calling him a monster on the touchline is lenient.  I know it upsets you when people call daddy names though.

Calling him a "monster on the touchline" is sensationalism to sell papers/gain hits, it happens all the time with just about every news story you can think of.

I don't really think the calls for him to be sacked are unwarranted though, the seriousness of it has been highlighted by his initial punishment (£100k fine and a formal warning) which the LMA have agreed with. I imagine there would be a fair few clubs who would get rid of their manager after headbutting a player tbh, especially a one who has performed poorly. You'd obviously give Wenger some leeway if he decked someone on the touchline.

I think sacking him and calling him a monster on the touchline is lenient.  I know it upsets you when people call daddy names though.

Fair enough. Everyone will see it differently. Jose didn't even get a single game ban for his actions, so if Pardew gets around 8 games, i think that should be enough.

I'd have this opinion even if it was any other manager. Media absolutely love tearing into us and i think it's sad our fans are backing them up, nevermind saying they have been 'lenient'.

Mourinho was in Spain at the time, and it was an attack on another coach, not a player. It's a bit different like. Still ridiculous obviously, but we shouldn't be looking at that incident when deciding the punishment for this.

An 8 game ban would be on the harsher side of things like, I doubt he'll get anymore than that and if he does it would probably be a bit overkill from the FA.

Pardew's not exactly operating from a clean slate here, they showed around 5 touchline incidents on MOTD and he's still not learnt his lesson.  Think that will affect the length of the ban, rightly so IMO.

im wondering if the board have acted with haste, cos if he gets a half a season stadium ban (deserved imo) they will wish they had sacked him.

I cant sleep at night because of this incident.  I fear for my life, I fear Pardew will nutt me whilst I sleep.

he will when he finds you.

I have ti wear my hockey helmet for bed.

I cant sleep at night because of this incident.  I fear for my life, I fear Pardew will nutt me whilst I sleep.

he will when he finds you.

I have ti wear my hockey helmet for bed.

FFS now I wont sleep at night.

Half a season would be well over the top like imo, the club have decided against sacking him and have already punished him internally so I don't believe the FA should go completely daft with their ban.

Not that I'd be too bothered if they did as he'll probably be sacked because of it, I just don't like the idea of those horrific cunts in FA dishing out mega-bans. 6-8 games would be enough imo, that's still almost unheard of (Suarez the obvious one), any more and you're just slinging random high numbers about without any real rhyme or reason behind it imo.

EDIT: Or maybe a decent stadium ban and then a hefty touchline ban after that.