Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You should know 7 games is too small a sample size for Ian.

It's quite a small number statistically like.

You and your 'small sample sizes' when it comes to defending Pardew and our early cup exits. :lol:

£160,000  down the pisser for nudging someone with his head. What a plank  :lol:

He won't be complaining, how many other clueless arseholes get paid millions to do a shit job?

You and your 'small sample sizes' when it comes to defending Pardew and our early cup exits. :lol:

You and your inability to grasp arguments.

We now have a manager who's probably praying that we lose our next 7 games, and certainly the next 3.

Interesting philosophical concept. :lol:

And the fans wanting us to win for the first time in ages. We've jumped the shark.

Yep. I will definitely be far more up for this week's game than I would have been otherwise.

Everyone's joking about it but I can totally see us going for it a bit more in matches now we've got 40+ points. Pardew might feel he can't lose that way; either we win some matches and he says that's how he set the team up or we lose and he says it's because without him we were naive.

You and your inability to grasp arguments.

Welcome to IanWorld, where absolutely f***ing everything is a coincidence!

What have I said that means that? My point is that many clubs prioritise the league over the cup, and many clubs find Europa a hassle they could do without. This is still a fact.

BTW if it was up to me we would prioritise the FA Cup over everything.

Is it just a coincidence then that (as per Wullie's post above) we have performed worse in the cups than all 19 other Premier League clubs over the last 7 seasons?

That's very difficult to answer. We are worse than some of those teams, so that accounts for some of them. The others, I don't know enough about all the lineups, events of the match and anything else to say. The sample size is very small for it to be analysed just on numbers.

I'm not seeking to explain away all out bad results. I'm saying our priorities are similar to a lot of clubs. IMO it's a problem with the structure of English football rather than us specifically.

And as I said, as a fan I disagree with our priorities as I'm desperate to win a trophy.

We weren't that awesome in the cups before Pardew TBF. His tenure really isn't long enough to provide any kind of sample for decent analysis.

That said, I do agree we should be focusing on winning a cup much more than we are.

You and your flawed logic.

Everyone's joking about it but I can totally see us going for it a bit more in matches now we've got 40+ points. Pardew might feel he can't lose that way; either we win some matches and he says that's how he set the team up or we lose and he says it's because without him we were naive.

I'd argue we already have, no way we would have been " allowed" to score 4 if we were below 40 points.

"No more goals" would have been in full effect.

Guest reefatoon

he will be watching a stream, and on the phone to carver- who wont know he has a 3 min delay.

He will carry on with his usual tactics, climb up a tree outside the grounds and count the amount of times the ball blazes into the sky.  He doesn't need to be in the ground for the hoof, especially as he doesn't go along with what you see with the naked eye anyway.

The Football Ramble ‏@FootballRamble  54m

If Alan Pardew's got anything at all about him, he'll serve his stadium ban in a helicopter, hovering over the game with a megaphone.

:lol:

There will certainly be voices for the players to pump the longest ball up in the air.