Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why do people put so much stock in these disposable managerial soundbites?

Mourinho has been playing down his Chelsea side all season, yet look where they are. His quotes, entertaining as they are, mean nothing. All managers use cliched excuses in the event of a loss. The alternative is calling out Santon in public for poor marking Di Canio style.

Our squad isn't that good like. The teams above us all have superior squads and managers.

Because they're desperate to find something to moan about.

Define 'so much stock'. If it equates to caring about it enough to comment on it on an NUFC fan board then how much do you have to care about it to do that? About as much as you two care about it to have just made those two posts?

He's the manager of the football team, comments he makes in the press are important, no less because they influence how the club is seen both by the players already here and on a wider basis too. You two are dead cool because you don't care about the constant dampening of expectations that come from Ashley and Pardew. I do care about it. That bloke is the manager of our football team, he stands where Bobby used to stand, he sits where Keegan used to sit and make us all feel great about our area, our team and ourselves. His comments are regularly a disgrace, that's worth moaning about.

It is Pardew being Pardew, he is scared of everything so always goes along the downplaying it route.

We can't compete with x.

We can't spend like x.

We hope we can hold on to x.

He's a big girls basically but then he isn't going to say "The fat fuck of an owner won't spend anything more than the bare minimum so we are stuck where we are", it probably wouldn't go down too well.

Guest bimpy474

I think i've got to the point where the football is ok, most are not complaining about that, besides wanting a bit more attacking flair and movement. I'm fairly settled with the football now, to disregard us being 8th, only just behind the top 4, losing narrowly to the best team in the league (we didn't deserve to imo), 33 points by Jan 1st. Well you would have to be blind not to see improvement.

But the ones on here who are accepting him and Ashley talking the club down, sorry but you should be ashamed, the man is doing Ashley's bidding and you're swallowing it. Pathetic.

And why cant you seperate the two things for what they are, seperate.

Mourinho has been playing down his Chelsea side all season, yet look where they are. His quotes, entertaining as they are, mean nothing. All managers use cliched excuses in the event of a loss. The alternative is calling out Santon in public for poor marking Di Canio style.

Our squad isn't that good like. The teams above us all have superior squads and managers.

The difference is that whilst Mourinho plays down his side's chances, Pardew makes NUFC sound like we should be so lucky as to lace the Stoke City bench's boots.

Nobody expects him to come out and say "We're a Champions League side" but at the same time, I don't expect him to cry about his players being tired or that we can't compete with Accrington Stanley.

A good manager is a one that can make his average players feel 10 foot tall or that they can beat anyone, even when they can't. Pardew seems scared of his own shadow at times.

The football was okay in the sense we weren't humping it long until Shola came on. We were still far too cautious though, and the attacking midfielders spent most of their time defending alongside Tiote and Anita. The striker had very little support in the penalty area so we looked like we were pinning our hopes on a clean sheet and a goal from nowhere.

Managers talk shit a lot of the time and looking too much into it is also pathetic. I seen Lambert other day praising his teams work rate and excellent attitudes after just having 27 percent possession at home to Swansea. He blatantly would have been livid with that but hasn't got the balls to criticise his players in the media or admit he made mistakes. Jose was just as comical with his opinions yesterday on ref decisions. Pinch of salt with manager interviews.

Define 'so much stock'. If it equates to caring about it enough to comment on it on an NUFC fan board then how much do you have to care about it to do that? About as much as you two care about it to have just made those two posts?

He's the manager of the football team, comments he makes in the press are important, no less because they influence how the club is seen both by the players already here and on a wider basis too. You two are dead cool because you don't care about the constant dampening of expectations that come from Ashley and Pardew. I do care about it. That bloke is the manager of our football team, he stands where Bobby used to stand, he sits where Keegan used to sit and make us all feel great about our area, our team and ourselves. His comments are regularly a disgrace, that's worth moaning about.

Passionate. I'd speculate that the reason some don't care enough to feign anger on a messageboard is because these comments have absolutely no effect on the fortunes of NUFC.

Do the comments effect the players' performances? It doesn't appear so.

Will the next French signing think twice about accepting his £40k p/w contract on the back of his interviews? Ner.

He could perhaps be a bit more positive at times, but howay man.

Managers talk s*** a lot of the time and looking too much into it is also pathetic. I seen Lambert other day praising his teams work rate and excellent attitudes after just having 27 percent possession at home to Swansea. He blatantly would have been livid with that but hasn't got the balls to criticise his players in the media or admit he made mistakes. Jose was just as comical with his opinions yesterday on ref decisions. Pinch of salt with manager interviews.

Looking too much into what our manager talks about is pathetic, what does that say about a Newcastle fan looking into what the Villa manager talks about?

Managers talk s*** a lot of the time and looking too much into it is also pathetic. I seen Lambert other day praising his teams work rate and excellent attitudes after just having 27 percent possession at home to Swansea. He blatantly would have been livid with that but hasn't got the balls to criticise his players in the media or admit he made mistakes. Jose was just as comical with his opinions yesterday on ref decisions. Pinch of salt with manager interviews.

Looking too much into what our manager talks about is pathetic, what does that say about a Newcastle fan looking into what the Villa manager talks about?

Not looking into it, was just on motd, just like i seen Jose's interview after our match yesterday. Was hardly searching through google looking for quotes :lol:

Was just two interviews i've seen recently in which both managers were talking bullshit and they knew it. What they will say in a tv interview and what they will say in the dressing room can be two completely different things.

:thup:

He belittles this club time and time again - that makes what he says incredibly important in my eyes.

You can believe what you like, but I find it very hard to believe that what he's like in public is different to what he's like in the changing room. I really can't see him standing in public and telling us how we can't compete with other teams and how we're lucky to have players like Cabaye, then walk into the changing room and proclaim "Howay lads, we can beat anyone!"

Guest bimpy474

Not looking into it, was just on motd, just like i seen Jose's interview after our match yesterday. Was hardly searching through google looking for quotes :lol:

Was just two interviews i've seen recently in which both managers were talking bullshit and they knew it. What they will say in a tv interview and what they will say in the dressing room can be two completely different things.

Difference being they were talking about the football and respective matches played in, Pardew was talking about the club.

Passionate. I'd speculate that the reason some don't care enough to feign anger on a messageboard is because these comments have absolutely no effect on the fortunes of NUFC.

Do the comments effect the players' performances? It doesn't appear so.

Will the next French signing think twice about accepting his £40k p/w contract on the back of his interviews? Ner.

He could perhaps be a bit more positive at times, but howay man.

That's your opinion, and one I don't care for. The way you've expressed it says a lot about your general attitude, which I also don't care for.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Where do you think Pardew gets the ideas from?

I'd say Ashley, it comes from the very top imo.

Exactly & the next manager will be the same till the man at the top changes.

I remember Keegan saying in his second spell he wouldn't be scared to spend £25m on a player - that sharp turned to stating we couldn't afford players on Chelsea's bench etc - then obviously they screwed him over.

The last time Pardew  was adamant a player would not be leaving. "100%" they sold him and replaced him with Shefki Kuqi.

Guest bimpy474

Where do you think Pardew gets the ideas from?

I'd say Ashley, it comes from the very top imo.

Exactly & the next manager will be the same till the man at the top changes.

I remember Keegan saying in his second spell he wouldn't be scared to spend £25m on a player - that sharp turned to stating we couldn't afford players on Chelsea's bench etc - then obviously they screwed him over.

The last time Pardew  was adamant a player would not be leaving. "100%" they sold him and replaced him with Shefki Kuqi.

Funny mentioning Keegan, do you remember when he was called in because he said in a interview we couldn't compete with the top clubs (KK knew what was going behind the scenes), Ashley was furious.

Look at it now, Pardew tells all and sundry and Ashley is fine with it. I understand why Pardew does it, he must know we aren't going to spend lots, and tbh i accept it. But in my eyes that doesn't make us a small club as he keeps telling us, when he talks about the club it's generally in the negative and it pisses me off.

Or maybe i'm just feigning anger (as a mung just pointed out fans on here are doing) when someone runs down the club i love.

Feel like he's venturing dangerously into O'Neil territory in terms of not resting players. It's all well and good keeping a winning team together but over this busy schedule I fear some players are beginning to look a bit fatigued. Especially Gouffran and Sissoko who are being asked to do a hell of a lot of running.

:thup:

He belittles this club time and time again - that makes what he says incredibly important in my eyes.

You can believe what you like, but I find it very hard to believe that what he's like in public is different to what he's like in the changing room. I really can't see him standing in public and telling us how we can't compete with other teams and how we're lucky to have players like Cabaye, then walk into the changing room and proclaim "Howay lads, we can beat anyone!"

his negativity in words and deeds certainly had an influence on the players last season i'd suggest