Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Haris Vuckic

Aye but in the other poll.

''Which Set of tactics do you prefer''

Positive : 62%

Moar Better : 30%

Negative : 8%

Guest neesy111

People are happy with him cos they think if he goes we will get Kinnear as manager.

Think this is close to the truth.

Pardew as "on the side of the fans" is an Ashley masterstroke tbh.

Doubt he gives a shit.

Fans aren't his be all, end all... clearly - but he cares about them in as much as he wants full stadiums and shirts(, cardigans and onesies) flying off the rack. It's a brilliant move from the pack of bastards.

I feel so detached from this club.

You see comments on things like true faith's fb page berating anyone who has a go at Pards or Ashley.

'We were going to be another Portsmouth'

'I stick by the team through thick and thin. If you pack in your season ticket you're not a real fan.'

'Pardew is a very good manager. He led us to 5th remember.'

This poll just adds to it :lol:

I'm frequently discussing this outside the forum. It seems the vast majority want Pardew to stay, some because they actually rate him, some because they are afraid of the alternative.

Personally, I think its a shame we are in this limbo. Sacking him could be worse than keeping him.

Poll isn't surprising in the slightest. Barely anyone I come into contact with is desperate for Pardew to go.

The general populous is a lot more willing to give love a chance.

I'm frequently discussing this outside the forum. It seems the vast majority want Pardew to stay, some because they actually rate him, some because they are afraid of the alternative.

Personally, I think its a shame we are in this limbo. Sacking him could be worse than keeping him.

So how come people on here, myself included, hate him and think he's a shit manager?

I think the way he got the job and the way we were warned about him beforehand, has played a huge part in my disgust for him. He was never employed because of his managerial capabilities.

That coupled with his negative, cowardly approach, his constant bullshit in favour of Ashley and especially last season has turned me towards the point of almost no return. I've long said to myself that my confidence in him is there for the taking if we just pick up. I don't think I'll ever like him, but I could live with him being our manager if we progressed. However, we're not. The fact that he's on board with our ambitionless excuse of an agenda kills it for me.

Poll isn't surprising in the slightest. Barely anyone I come into contact with is desperate for Pardew to go.

So how come people on here, myself included, hate him and think he's a shit manager?

I think the way he got the job and the way we were warned about him beforehand, has played a huge part in my disgust for him. He was never employed because of his managerial capabilities.

That coupled with his negative, cowardly approach, his constant bullshit in favour of Ashley and especially last season has turned me towards the point of almost no return. I've long said to myself that my confidence in him is there for the taking if we just pick up. I don't think I'll ever like him, but I could live with him being our manager if we progressed. However, we're not. The fact that he's on board with our ambitionless excuse of an agenda kills it for me.

:clap:

We aren't really representative of your average fan to be fair. Most don't watch the game as analytically as we do, and Pardew generally comes across fairly well in interviews. It doesn't surprise me at all that he's considered the good guy out of all the hierarchy, his smarmy patter obviously works.