Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Here's his record against the "top sides." He has an excellent record against Chelsea, home & away. A decent home record against Liverpool if we just forget that 6-0 ever happened, and a decent record against Man Utd, made to look better due to Moyes letting us win at Old Trafford for the first time in about 90 year. Man City and Arsenal just makes for grim viewing.

How out of the ordinary any of that is I don't know, it looks decent enough though overall, not quite "wow he's always sparing tactically with the best managers" territory but decent enough.

Arsenal:

2013/2014 Newcastle United - Arsenal FC 0:1 (0:0)

2012/2013 Newcastle United - Arsenal FC 0:1 (0:0)

2012/2013 Arsenal FC - Newcastle United 7:3 (1:1)

2011/2012 Arsenal FC - Newcastle United 2:1 (1:1)

2011/2012 Newcastle United - Arsenal FC 0:0 (0:0)

2010/2011 Newcastle United - Arsenal FC 4:4 (0:4)

W-0 : D-2 : L-4

F-8 : A-15

Chelsea:

2013/2014 Newcastle United - Chelsea FC 2:0 (0:0)

2012/2013 Newcastle United - Chelsea FC 3:2 (1:0)

2012/2013 Chelsea FC - Newcastle United 2:0 (2:0)

2011/2012 Chelsea FC - Newcastle United 0:2 (0:1)

2011/2012 Newcastle United - Chelsea FC 0:3 (0:1)

2010/2011 Chelsea FC - Newcastle United 2:2 (1:1)

W-3 : D-1 : L-2

F-7 : A-9

Liverpool:

2013/2014 Newcastle United - Liverpool FC 2:2 (1:1)

2012/2013 Newcastle United - Liverpool FC 0:6 (0:2)

2012/2013 Liverpool FC - Newcastle United 1:1 (0:1)

2011/2012 Newcastle United - Liverpool FC 2:0 (1:0)

2011/2012 Liverpool FC - Newcastle United 3:1 (1:1)

2010/2011 Liverpool FC - Newcastle United 3:0 (1:0)

2010/2011 Newcastle United - Liverpool FC 3:1 (1:0)

W-2 : D-2 : L-3

F-9 : A-12

Man City:

2013/2014 Newcastle United - Manchester City 0:2 (0:1)

2013/2014 Manchester City - Newcastle United 4:0 (2:0)

2012/2013 Manchester City - Newcastle United 4:0 (2:0)

2012/2013 Newcastle United - Manchester City 1:3 (0:2)

2011/2012 Newcastle United - Manchester City 0:2 (0:0)

2011/2012 Manchester City - Newcastle United 3:1 (2:0)

2010/2011 Newcastle United - Manchester City 1:3 (0:2)

W-0 : D-0 : L-7

F-3 : A-21

Man Utd:

2013/2014 Manchester United - Newcastle United 0:1 (0:0)

2012/2013 Manchester United - Newcastle United 4:3 (1:2)

2012/2013 Newcastle United - Manchester United 0:3 (0:2)

2011/2012 Newcastle United - Manchester United 3:0 (1:0)

2011/2012 Manchester United - Newcastle United 1:1 (0:0)

2010/2011 Newcastle United - Manchester United 0:0 (0:0)

W-2 : D-2 : L-2

F-8 : A-8

Cups:

2010/2011 Newcastle United - Arsenal FC 0:4 (0:1)

2012/2013 Manchester United - Newcastle United 2:1 (1:0)

2013/2014 Newcastle United - Manchester City 0:2 (0:0, 0:0) aet

W-0 : D-0 : L-3

F-1 : A-8

Total League:

W-7 : D-7 : L-21

F-36 : A-73

Total League & Cups:

W-7 : D-7 : L-24

F-37 : A-81

:thup: Much fairer way of looking at it than the OTT statements being thrown about. Chelsea and Manu records are good aye, Liverpool have been fairly shite in recent times so I'd say results against them are average and the 0-6 was awful. To use these stats and say he can consistently mix it with the best is stretching it a bit.

FWIW he doesn't always "spar tactically with the top coaches," his record overall against the top sides is bang average. He's beat Chelsea a few times and beat Man U 3-0 once, that's about it.

He's got a 27% points return against Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal and man City while at Newcastle.

Wenger has 32%.

Rodgers at Liverpool is on 22%.

Hopefully that will stand him in good stead when we go up against West Ham and then Poyet who has won his last three games against Pardew with inferior teams.

Bloody Cajun! :lol:

He's a pest! :lol:

So basically I moan when he isn't doing well and praise him when he is :lol:

No, you jump over to defend him at every opportunity when he's doing well and tell everyone who still has concerns about him as a manager that they cannot possibly enjoy football and should probably pack the sport in.

Also: "We win - LUCK! We lose - PARDEW!"

As you can probably tell this has got to me :lol:

I've always had concerns about him as a manager and often raise them.

Some being

Him breaking Tiote.

Him breaking Ben Arfa.

Him being spinless.

The way this cowardice escalates when we play the mackems, we were always the ones up for it, they were always the bottlers but somehow he has managed to completely fuck this up.

Some of his team selections.

Not giving Gouffran a go through the middle while playing Remy there who looks better out wide.

If I think something is wrong I will argue against it, I can be a prontonising twat which I really need to stop doing but I get wound up at times :lol:

Guest bimpy474

No, you jump over to defend him at every opportunity when he's doing well and tell everyone who still has concerns about him as a manager that they cannot possibly enjoy football and should probably pack the sport in.

Some being

Him breaking Tiote.

Him breaking Ben Arfa.

Him being spinless.

The way this cowardice escalates when we play the mackems, we were always the ones up for it, they were always the bottlers but somehow he has managed to completely fuck this up.

Not giving Gouffran a go through the middle while playing Remy there who looks better out wide.

If I think something is wrong I will argue against it, I can be a prontonising twat which I really need to stop doing but I get wound up at times :lol:

Fuck voting for you again :lol:

Some being

Him breaking Tiote.

Him breaking Ben Arfa.

Him being spinless.

When was it ever a good idea!? :lol:

No disciplinary action from the FA.

Would have made quite a rod for their backs tbh - a precedent of disciplining coaching staff for....ahem...swearing.

So where did this non story originate then ? Was it the 4th official or just some self righteous journalist clamouring for the moral high ground ?

Guest bimpy474

Some being

Him breaking Tiote.

Him breaking Ben Arfa.

Him being spinless.

When was it ever a good idea!? :lol:

Fair point :lol:

No disciplinary action from the FA.

Would have made quite a rod for their backs tbh - a precedent of disciplining coaching staff for....ahem...swearing.

So where did this non story originate then ? Was it the 4th official or just some self righteous journalist clamouring for the moral high ground ?

Just the footage, surely. Was on Vine in no time.

I still can't understand why the stupid bastard waited until the 82nd minute to bring Ben Arfa on.  The crowd were screaming at the officials every time a decision had to be made and putting somebody on who could get into the Man City box could have paid off big time.

I still can't understand why the stupid bastard waited until the 82nd minute to bring Ben Arfa on.  The crowd were screaming at the officials every time a decision had to be made and putting somebody on who could get into the Man City box could have paid off big time.

Criminal really. ManC looked nervous and on the ropes for nearly all of the second half.

Back in the 2005-06 season, West Ham United Football Club had a brainwave. Riding high after promotion back to the Premier League under Alan Pardew, a hero in east London at the time, they released a special treat on their official site. It was a download called Pocket Pardew. It was a miniature Alan Pardew. He used to sit in the corner of the screen and deliver all the latest West Ham news, a silver-haired Microsoft clip in a Reebok tracksuit – fun for all the family! For a while, he was a joy. There he was, happily waving at you, sending motivational messages throughout the day and asking if you had any plans for the evening. Saucy Pards.

this was real man :lol:

http://www.whufc.com/articles/20060111/pocket-pardew_2236884_1140673

can we have one mike, can we? 

Bringing off Anita was his big mistake. They'd brought on Navas and Garcia to try and gain a foothold in midfield, the minute we went back to 442 we handed over the initiative.

Agree com'pletely, he should have had sissoko or Gouff off for ben arfa a lot earlier, the system we had until then was working fine we just needed some more creativity...

Back in the 2005-06 season, West Ham United Football Club had a brainwave. Riding high after promotion back to the Premier League under Alan Pardew, a hero in east London at the time, they released a special treat on their official site. It was a download called Pocket Pardew. It was a miniature Alan Pardew. He used to sit in the corner of the screen and deliver all the latest West Ham news, a silver-haired Microsoft clip in a Reebok tracksuit – fun for all the family! For a while, he was a joy. There he was, happily waving at you, sending motivational messages throughout the day and asking if you had any plans for the evening. Saucy Pards.

this was real man :lol:

http://www.whufc.com/articles/20060111/pocket-pardew_2236884_1140673

can we have one mike, can we? 

:lol:

I want this so bad.

can you imagine having a pocket pardew on your computer at work man, telling us all day how we can't compete with stoke and southampton :lol:

frankly amazed ashley hasn't thought of this already, it'd have expectations firmly in the sub-basement opposed to the just the basement

could have a jokin joe and all, calling everyone in your office a cunt when they walk past