Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pardew: "made my views v clear in dressing room … (won't elaborate) other than to give a message to our fans that it wasn’t good enough

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes  1m

Pardew Souness : "as manager you expect life & limb on the pitch … that’s what I expect my players to give, in every moment, in every game." #NUFD

It's fucking league one bollocks again.

I think back to when Glen Roeder took over from Souness and it was like the dark grey clouds cleared and everyone suddenly got a huge boost. That first game against Portsmouth was like chalk and cheese compared with the games that came before it and was obviously topped off with Shearer getting the record.

We need that now. Doesn't matter who it is anymore, we need a change because these players have given up. They are coming out, running around a bit, then losing and no one cares because that's the message the manager has sent out every time he opens his stupid face.

I really don't see why a manager down-playing his team's chances in a press conference means anything. That's the smart thing to do. You're supposed to publicly take the pressure off the players. It's one of the reasons why Mourinho is so good.

What kind of fucking mentalist goes to a press conference and says "aye, we'll win nee bother."

Even when Premier League teams are playing against League One sides in the cups, the manager will generally do the usual, "anything can happen on the night," bit. It's just good sense.

Yet when Pardew does it he's "demoralizing the team." It's ludicrous, for fuck's sake. 

What are you on about man?

I'm not saying he needs to say, "aye, we'll win nee bother."

He just doesn't need to say stuff like, "get spurs game out the way" and "8th is top of the league for us"

Those were from just this week.

I don't know what he says in private to the players your right, but based on their recent performances, every single one of them have given up now and are on holiday.

He doesn't have to say we'll win, that's stupid. He could show some sort of confidence or positivity though that might filter through to the fans and his players.

Recent performances have been shit. He needs to stop the rot pretty quickly here. But approximately 0% of it has anything to do with anything he's ever said in a press conference.

Pardew sees the players every day. Unless something said in a press conference relates to one of them personally then I'm certain it does fuck all to affect them.

Hope the players told him what a reprehensible cunt he is.

Best we can hope for is all our CB's to get injured and Remie Streete gets one stuck on him by Pardew after a shambolic performance against Villa. :lol:

That said, Pardew probably wouldn't be bothered seeing as Taylor has been directly responsible for at least one goal against in pretty much every game he's started and he's first pick.

Absolving himself of blame again tonight then eh? :D So glad I don't go anymore - though I may have to soon as part of my job. One of the lads I look after is wanting a season ticket, so I'll be asked to take him along. :( :D At least I will be getting paid for it, I guess.

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew: "I was more upset about the performance. That wasn't an honest display from us. I mentioned a few things in the dressing room that I hope hits home - I won't mention them to the media. Tottenham dominated proceedings from the start to the finish. They won with a bit to spare - that shouldn't happen at St James' Park regardless of who I have and don't have available. We lacked confidence tonight. We need a break in front of goal. Their keeper made two or three outstanding saves. The overall performance is a concern, it's not the result or the fact we haven't scored."

Aye.

The lacked confidence? Who's fault is that ffs?

I think back to when Glen Roeder took over from Souness and it was like the dark grey clouds cleared and everyone suddenly got a huge boost. That first game against Portsmouth was like chalk and cheese compared with the games that came before it and was obviously topped off with Shearer getting the record.

We need that now. Doesn't matter who it is anymore, we need a change because these players have given up. They are coming out, running around a bit, then losing and no one cares because that's the message the manager has sent out every time he opens his stupid face.

I really don't see why a manager down-playing his team's chances in a press conference means anything. That's the smart thing to do. You're supposed to publicly take the pressure off the players. It's one of the reasons why Mourinho is so good.

What kind of fucking mentalist goes to a press conference and says "aye, we'll win nee bother."

Even when Premier League teams are playing against League One sides in the cups, the manager will generally do the usual, "anything can happen on the night," bit. It's just good sense.

Yet when Pardew does it he's "demoralizing the team." It's ludicrous, for fuck's sake. 

What are you on about man?

I'm not saying he needs to say, "aye, we'll win nee bother."

He just doesn't need to say stuff like, "get spurs game out the way" and "8th is top of the league for us"

Those were from just this week.

I don't know what he says in private to the players your right, but based on their recent performances, every single one of them have given up now and are on holiday.

He doesn't have to say we'll win, that's stupid. He could show some sort of confidence or positivity though that might filter through to the fans and his players.

Recent performances have been shit. He needs to stop the rot pretty quickly here. But approximately 0% of it has anything to do with anything he's ever said in a press conference.

Pardew sees the players every day. Unless something said in a press conference relates to one of them personally then I'm certain it does fuck all to affect them.

I think the only solution is to analyse his pre-match comments more closely than currently, and Ian W frowns on that.  Bit of a catch-22.

As previously stated, I frequently watch our games and am reminded of his pre-match comments, it seems to seep through to the players - whether that's because they take notice of the media or it generally resembles what he's saying in training/on match days, we'll never know.  So yes, it has an effect if that's the case and my mind's not playing tricks.  The only real example I can remember recently of that not being the case was when he said it was a terrible time to play Man Utd as they'd just been beaten by Everton.  Fair do's we won that game and played well, so the theory didn't really ring true in that instance.

As I say, I'll start keeping a record of it if you like - pre-match comments vs the subsequent performance.  You'll have to ask Ian W though.

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew: "I was more upset about the performance. That wasn't an honest display from us. I mentioned a few things in the dressing room that I hope hits home - I won't mention them to the media. Tottenham dominated proceedings from the start to the finish. They won with a bit to spare - that shouldn't happen at St James' Park regardless of who I have and don't have available. We lacked confidence tonight. We need a break in front of goal. Their keeper made two or three outstanding saves. The overall performance is a concern, it's not the result or the fact we haven't scored."

Aye.

The lacked confidence? Who's fault is that ffs?

:mystery:

Biggest home defeat since 1925

First time Sunderland have won since 1920s

7 blanks in 8 games

9 defeats out 11 league games last season (2 wins in 13)

I could do a better job in the cups

4 losses consecutively, first time in decades.

Fucking record breaking cunt, not his fault though...obvs.

Man, this guy is so fucking shit it's unreal. It's not like any of us were pointing out exactly what would happen when he lost some of his first choice players though I guess. Comes as total surprise this, I just simply can't understand how we can lose 3 games on the bounce conceding 10 goals. It's inexplicable.

"He started off really well like, with a 5th place finish and that, and everybody thought he was great. But then they realises he wasn't because he nearlly got relegated and started playing this Shola Ameobi guy, who's like Carl Cort but not as good. But they still did like him because they blamed it all on this Ashley geezer, who owned the club or summin, so it was all his fault and they started asking Pardew to give them a wave, which was weird."

:lol: :lol: :lol: is that Barry Shitpeas?

Biggest home defeat since 1925

First time Sunderland have won since 1920s

7 blanks in 8 games

9 defeats out 11 league games last season (2 wins in 13)

I could do a better job in the cups

4 losses consecutively, first time in decades.

Fucking record breaking cunt, not his fault though...obvs.

There's so many others, too. For example this was Spurs' first win here in a decade and their biggest win here since the 50s.