Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can't understand how people express frustration at mountains being made out of molehills when it's been the basis of the Premier League for well over a decade. The whole thing is bred on hype.

In my defence I'm both hungover and drunk, it's hard to speak in anything more creative than cliches!

It's probably why I tend to ignore the media to be honest. I watched MOTD this week, normally I've got it video'd and skip through all analysis and interviews. Load of old shite, apart from the action itself.

Haha, I didn't even notice you'd used that phrase. My post wasn't aimed at you in particular. :thup:

I'm sorry but you just can't do what he did, it's bad enough a player doing it but how can you manage a team after that?

It's shown the club will back Pardew to very end and there is virtually nothing he can do that won't get him the sack, unlike previous managers.

It's not like this is a first time incident of Pardew doing stuff on the touchline he shouldn't be doing.

Guest bimpy474

Tell you what though, I'm going to head-butt the thick cunt who decides too compare him to Sir Bobby, not a patch on Sir Bobby in any way whatsoever.

Guest bimpy474

Apparently the German manager in the gif got a 3 month touch line ban.

Reckon if Pardew gets a similar one, Ashley might still sack him?

More importantly that manager got sacked.

Nah, he'd just let Carver take charge until the end of the season and the beginning of the season. The only way he will be sacked as a manger if the FA turn around and say he can no longer manage and revoke his licence. Even then I would expect Ashley to appoint him as DOF or club president or something along those lines.

If the club was going to sack him they would have not fined and warned him.

If Ashley intended on sacking him, this fine would be a lot more. :lol:

Sh** football, sh** excuses, sh** derby record, *shit cup record, sh** headbutts, sh** accent, sh** hair, sh** music taste (you just know he likes T'pau, Brotherhood of Man and early Doctor Hook).

What a tw@t.

(obviously the 'early Hook' thing was a red herring. it was when they turned to disco that it all went wrong)  ;D

I can't believe people still respect this guy, I lose respect for managers if I disagree with what they say in conferences (Contentious decisions and such), let alone what this guy has just done :lol:

Guest GeordieAce

The bloke is a moron no doubt about it. But is this 'incident' really as bad as Mourinho's eye gouge where he was fined €600 and handed a 2 match ban? For me a fine and 3 games should be the punishment for what was nothing more than hand bags. I'm actually pleased the club have fined him and give him a warning, he's an absolute idiot.

The persistent "if I did that at work" argument really doesn't make any sense.  Clearly different jobs have different standards and footballers don't play by the same rules as the rest of us.

He's the manager. The very hierarchy that exist in work mean that a manager has more power and would therefore get a more severe punishment for an indescretion

That is indeed how is it should work in theory.

I'm just pointing out a flaw in the logic of the "I would get sacked for that"  argument that comes up whenever this sort of transgression occurs though.  Just because I would get sacked at work for headbutting someone doesn't have any bearing on what would/should happen to Pardew or anyone else.

There wouldn't be a fine at all.  The fact that the club is willing to engage in internal sanctions to quell the media and try to lower the FA ban is clear evidence that they stand 100% behind their manager.

Or like suggested it was just a token gesture to appease the public and he probably won't even pay it.

This is what I think. The club won't have even given him a warning either. Since there is 2 weeks until our next match you would have thought they could have at least suspended him for a few days to have 'an investigation'. Instead the club have saw the incident said "We don't want to sack him so lets just take discipline against him ASAP to show we won't stand for it."

There wouldn't be a fine at all.  The fact that the club is willing to engage in internal sanctions to quell the media and try to lower the FA ban is clear evidence that they stand 100% behind their manager.

It was a joke, about claiming back the compo. Never mind.

So I was watching Match of the Day when he said "Breaking news, Newcastle United have issued a statement."

I was all ready to dance about and cheer at Pardew being sacked, imagine my disappointment to hear that it's only a fine.

If there had been any intention of firing Pardew, the club have had plenty of ammunition before this latest fiasco - not even Fergie, despite all his ranting and raving on the touchline, stooped to something like this but after the terrible results in the second half of last season(Liverpool, Man C, Mackems at SJP and scraping away from relegation on the last day, despite millions being spent in January added to FAC surrenders)if Ashley had any intention of sacking him he would have gone last summer.

No, he suits their purpose, dumbs down the fans and is cheap - he may go in summer but I wouldn't put my house on it...

Championship level manager at best and his desperation is now showing.

He went up in my estimation. Didn't think he cared that much. ;)

The number of self righteous t%%s on this board is amazing. I guess Remy should face the firing squad too?

Since when was Remy in charge of the team and required to set an example to that team as well as being a person who rightly reflects the responsible position as manager that Pardew has..?

Its obvious you are a Pardew fan but this is ridiculous.

The Facebook comments on the official club's post on this are :anguish:

"Don't fine him 100k pay him 100k, he showed fight and passion. Without Alan Pardew we would now be in the Championship or worse. What about the player pushing an older weaker man, the Hull player was a bully who Alan Pardew stood up to. I fully back Alan Pardew's actions."

20 likes