Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I thought exactly the same thing tbh. Defended him to the hilt and now it's his fault that we didn't win, when for once there are other factors involved.

what other factors, sorry?

We created chances and failed to score so i suppose Pardew can't do anything about that but i just felt he was in a good position with Ben Arfa on the bench to bring him on and change the game for us. Still can't understand why he left it so late in the game, from about the 60th minute, every minute that passed i was getting more and more wound up the fact he wasn't yet on the pitch :lol:

I thought exactly the same thing tbh. Defended him to the hilt and now it's his fault that we didn't win, when for once there are other factors involved.

We created chances and failed to score so i suppose Pardew can't do anything about that but i just felt he was in a good position with Ben Arfa on the bench to bring him on and change the game for us. Still can't understand why he left it so late in the game, from about the 60th minute, every minute that passed i was getting more and more wound up the fact he wasn't yet on the pitch :lol:

i wasn't asking you brett - what other factors would absolve pardiola this time that they otherwise might not have, in previous games as that's what KI seems to be saying

as for your point we've all been saying for fucking years his tactics and timing is wrong but he gets lucky, how dare you, how dare you come on here and say he got it wrong against sovereign state southampton?  this is a fucking disgrace

No i think this season a lot of what he has been done has been spot on, just felt on Saturday he kind of let the two points slip away. Might be being slightly harsh i don't know but i think that game was there for the taking. Southampton were nice and pretty in possession but didn't really do a lot with it or create, when we had the ball there was more urgency in our game to get a goal and i felt had HBA had longer on the pitch he would have came up with the goods.

Guest firetotheworks

Three big individual errors by Santon and twice by Remy. Maybe not so much the first chance that Remy had, but definitely the second miss and the naive play by Santon.

Had those things not happened, I'd have been saying that we didn't create enough. I wasn't exactly happy with the way that we played overall, but I still felt like we were the more threatening team and carved out enough chances to win. It needn't have been that way, but his plan (which I'm against) still should have worked tbf to him for once.

Three big individual errors by Santon and twice by Remy. Maybe not so much the first chance that Remy had, but definitely the second miss and the naive play by Santon.

Had those things not happened, I'd have been saying that we didn't create enough. I wasn't exactly happy with the way that we played overall, but I still felt like we were the more threatening team and carved out enough chances to win. It needn't have been that way, but his plan (which I'm against) still should have worked tbf to him for once.

nah, take that to the extreme and players and aren't making the run/killer pass that he told them to in training as opposed to the missed sitters

shit happens, he still instructed them to do what they did at half time and that's the bottom line ET - as it happens i have no complaints about the weekend because (a) they're a fucking canny team with a clever manager and (b) we didn't let them roll us over, fought back and were on top at the end

Guest firetotheworks

nah, take that to the extreme and players and aren't making the run/killer pass that he told them to in training as opposed to the missed sitters

s*** happens, he still instructed them to do what they did at half time and that's the bottom line ET - as it happens i have no complaints about the weekend because (a) they're a f***ing canny team with a clever manager and (b) we didn't let them roll us over, fought back and were on top at the end

Shit also doesn't happen. Don't get me wrong, I massively dislike the bloke and I'm pissed off that yet again we've sat back after a lead and that we've yet again reverted to type on the back of a really good possession-based performance against Man United, but for all of the downfalls, that miss by Remy in particular isn't something that you can account for.

I predicted that it would be 2-2, so really I shouldn't be disappointed with the result, but I am because I still think that we deserved to win.

s*** happens, he still instructed them to do what they did at half time and that's the bottom line ET - as it happens i have no complaints about the weekend because (a) they're a f***ing canny team with a clever manager and (b) we didn't let them roll us over, fought back and were on top at the end

Shit also doesn't happen. Don't get me wrong, I massively dislike the bloke and I'm pissed off that yet again we've sat back after a lead and that we've yet again reverted to type on the back of a really good possession-based performance against Man United, but for all of the downfalls, that miss by Remy in particular isn't something that you can account for.

I predicted that it would be 2-2, so really I shouldn't be disappointed with the result, but I am because I still think that we deserved to win.

Draw was right imo on balance. We fell apart real good at the start of the second half and it could have been much worse.

Guest firetotheworks

I would agree with you, but there wasn't the usual relying on the opposition missing chances that we had against Chelsea and Spurs. In the second half they kept trying that diagonal ball into the striker, but they were always either offside (even if it wasn't called) or it was cut out.

We definitely played shit in that period though, but on big chances I was pissed off that we didn't win. Fair enough, they hit the post, but Remy missed a clear cut chance that he should have buried and then somehow managed to miss an open goal by about 3 yards. I still find that ridiculous that he did that. :lol:

Pardew can't legislate for Remy not burying the chance but Southampton can't for the keeper making a complete fuck up of his clearance. Can't claim it was unlucky when getting the chance in the first place was sheer fluke. We created very little on the day, even our goal was a complete howler by the defender.

Guest firetotheworks

Pardew can't legislate for Remy not burying the chance but Southampton can't for the keeper making a complete f*** up of his clearance. Can't claim it was unlucky when getting the chance in the first place was sheer fluke. We created very little on the day, even our goal was a complete howler by the defender.

I've never said any of those things aren't true tbf, I'm just pissed off that we didn't win because they did happen. I don't think we were unlucky because Remy missed, I simply think that the miss was inexcusable. I don't think that we were lucky not to concede/lose though, which puts it a notch above Spurs/Norwich/Chelsea.

There are plenty of examples of Pardew being absolutely shit and negative, I just don't necessarily think that this is as big an example as the numerous others you could pick. I think we were worthy of the win in this one, regardless.

Not a foolproof way to create chances really though is it, closing down the goalkeeper? We certainly weren't unlucky not to win the game, which is what seems to be being claimed.

We invited them on, they scored then we tried to score again, as is always our gameplan. Why we can't try and score another before they've levelled remains the eternal mystery. We did the same against West Brom and were grateful to Sissoko for lashing one in from range.

Guest firetotheworks

Not a foolproof way to create chances really though is it, closing down the goalkeeper? We certainly weren't unlucky not to win the game, which is what seems to be being claimed.

We invited them on, they scored then we tried to score again, as is always our gameplan. Why we can't try and score another before they've levelled remains the eternal mystery. We did the same against West Brom and were grateful to Sissoko for lashing one in from range.

I get your point Wullie and I agree with it, even in this match. I don't think we were unlucky not to win at all. There's nothing unlucky about Remy missing an open goal, it's unprofessional.

I'm saying that I think we did just about enough to win and that, that even 'doing enough' as a debate aside, we still should have won with the glaringly clear chances that we had.

Remy chasing down a ball to panic the 'keeper into a rushed clearance isn't a fluke. A sheer fluke would have been Remy standing still and the 'keeper hitting it right at him.

Happens every game, the goalkeeper usually never makes that mistake. So yes I'd call it a fluke.

Going 2-0 up is unlikely.

3-0 is the impossible dream

:lol:

Feels like the players will get fined if they go for a third after scoring two.

Can't wait for the day we do score three again, although I can see it being something lame like that Wigan game where we limped along against 10 men for most of the game, rather than win in style.