Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rob Lee being hysterical I see.

He clearly has no passion for us or football in general, why is he making a big deal out of a manager rubbing his head against a player?  Pathetic from him, he should be embarrassed for himself.

Overwhelming feeling I have had on the whole incident is embarrasment.

My club is being degraded and in turn, and by association we are being embarrassed, shamed and yet again made a laughing stock of by people who should be nowhere near our great club, fanbase or city.

Rob Lee has basically said everything I have, apart from "It is a headbutt isn't it?", well yes technically it is but many things that happen in football could be classed as assault if you want to be pedantic but often it is seen as what it is. He even precedes it with "He pushed the player with his head".

In regards to black and white glasses, I live about 40 miles north of London and haven't spoken to a Newcastle fan (away from the forum) about the incident. As said everyone has just found it funny, in the same way they thought Perch going down after Reina's 'attack' was.

I haven't seen this posted.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/sport-opinion/rob-lee-alan-pardew-lucky-6783304

Rob Lee: Alan Pardew is a lucky man to still be in a job – he received the minimum fine

7 Mar 2014 07:33   

I have seen managers threaten to hit someone, but nobody ever actually did it, says Chronicle columnist Rob Lee

A fine of £100,000 and a final warning from the big boss.

That is the very minimum Alan Pardew should have expected last Saturday evening.

If anything, the man got off lightly. He’s kidding himself to think otherwise.

He so easily could have been sacked. He is undoubtedly an incredibly lucky man to still be in his job.

I know a lot of people have said since Saturday, “I’ve never seen anything like that.” I would like to add my name to that number.

I’ve seen managers throw things and make some serious threats in a dressing room. They don’t tend to go through with them.

I have been thinking about this. I honestly can’t remember any manager actually grabbing hold of a player.

Managers back in the day, when things were different, could turn the air blue with their language.

They could talk of hitting someone in the middle of a massive argument, but they have all managed to reign themselves back in before things got silly.

Kevn Keegan could be like that. I saw him really lose it once or twice. But he never crossed a line. Pardew crossed a line.

I’ve seen some try to defend him. Do me a favour.

David Meyler was trying to get the ball. His team were 3-1 down, so it’s only natural he wanted to take a throw-in quickly.

Pardew got in his way. All Meyler did was give him a small push. Nothing more than a nudge. Big deal. It was easy for him to walk away. But he didn’t.

And then the manager of Newcastle United pushed the Hull City player away with his head.

That’s a headbutt, isn’t it?

I received a text on Saturday afternoon, I was out at the time, from a pal who asked if I knew what had happened.

He then told me. I couldn’t believe it.

Like everyone, I watched Match of the Day on Saturday night so I could judge for myself what had and had not happened.

That’s when I heard about the fine and I admit to being a bit shocked the club acted so quickly.

Pardew got off lightly.

He is a football manager. He’s not expected to get involved with opposition players. Ever.

Billy Davies got a five-match touchline ban for swearing at a referee, something that happens all the time. It shouldn’t, it’s not nice, but it’s hardly a major incident.

So Pardew can expect to be given possibly the biggest sentence ever handed down to a Premier League manager. Why does he do this? I honestly don’t know.

He is always getting himself involved. Does he think this makes him appear more passionate because it doesn’t.

I go back to Keegan. He was the most passionate man I ever met in football. He couldn’t hide a single emotion. He knew how to behave himself, right enough, and he was a volatile guy.

Pardew now has a problem whenit comes to controlling the dressing room.

How can he have a go at a player for fighting with a team-mate in training. What chance does he have of fining someone for a daft red card?

They will turn around, look at their manager and say with some justification, “Why should you give me into bother after how you behaved?”

So he now has to win back the dressing room.

I don’t know what the players have been thinking about it all.

When you are the manager of Newcastle United, you have to respect the club and other people in football.

Pardew has fallen short of that a few times.

What he did last Saturday was unacceptable.

We are trying to make football better and that didn’t help.

All this re-writing history. I just watched 4 more times on the internet. The ball rolls through Pardews legs, as he is lifting his leg out of the way to move aside, Meyler pushes him. As he had one leg off the ground moving aside Pardew was off balance and nearly fell completely. That section of the incident lasts 1 second on the video. That article states Pardew got in his way. Pardew didn`t have a chance to move. He didn`t move in front of Meyler or the ball. Its just the path the ball took.

Most of what everybody says I agree with, but some facts have me doubting my own eyes.

"Pardew got in his way" - Bollocks he was already standing there

" Meyler nudged him" - Bollocks he pushed him off balance, a nudge does not make an adult move.

"Pardew headbutted him" - Bollocks, the definition of a headbutt is with force, Pardew acted out a headbutt.

"this is a first" - Its also the first time I have seen a player push a manager from an opposing team that hard.

What I do agree with is that Pardew is not a good manager and he has disgraced our club again.

well said rob lee

would love to see a load of keegans ex-players back at the club coaching and on the staff, plus people like ketsbaia or some of those who played under robson

that type of connection could do wonders at the club, alas it'll never happen

ketsbaia, lee, barton and so on...no idea if they're any f***ing good but one thing is for sure, we'd be approaching games in the right way and not bending over for f***ing sunderland time after time

I'm a bit surprised that Rob Lee hasn't got into management, he seemed to be level headed and would probably do a decent job for somebody.  I'd rather see him than Carver on our bench and I'll not go into Woodman, even if he is just the keeper coach.

Having spoken to friends at work (none of them Newcastle supporters btw) they're all surprised he wasn't sacked, to them it's just funny, in a "did you see what that dickhead did?" Kind of way, which just typifies the feeling of embarrassment he brings on the club.

On Rob Lee's article - I agree that it's an unusual and serious incident, because Pardew failed to restrain himself in public, and a head butt is a rather yobbo-ish gesture.

But there are examples of things getting physical in the dressing room. Sir Bob himself was involved in a fist fight with a couple of players in his early days as Ipswich manager.