Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest bimpy474

Worst case scenario, Pardew uses his spare time to work his way round most of the players wives while they're busy on a match day.

Again ?

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/369068/Newcastle-preparing-for-spell-without-Alan-Pardew-as-boss-awaits-headbutt-punishment

Pardew and his employers are bracing themselves for a stadium ban.

He could be ordered to stay away from matches for anything up to 10 games and hit with a touchline ban for even longer.

Pardew has already discussed the implications of such a sentence with club officials and his own backroom team.

He believes the team will be in safe hands with his No. 2 John Carver taking on managerial duties on matchdays.

The manager is expected to travel with the squad for Saturday’s match at Fulham but will not be allowed into Craven Cottage or any other ground they play at, while he serves his ban.

Newcastle have already taken steps to install video equipment in a nearby hotel so that Pardew can watch a live stream of the game and the same arrangements will be used for future games both home and away.

And while he won’t be allowed any contact with either his coaches or players from an hour before the game until after the final whistle, Pardew will give his team talk at lunchtime.

He will then debrief Carver and fellow coaches Steve Stone and Andy Woodman after the game.

Today I will once more be a prophet. If Alan Pardew receives a stadium ban and results get even worse for Newcastle United, then the result will not be the slandering of his name and of his character, but some will claim that this is proof of the good work he is doing and of his importance to the football club.

Any no-contact ban is stupid anyway as there are infinite ways to circumvent it. You could do it the troll way like Mourinho or go the subtle and technically correct 'relay to secretary who then contacts the coaches'. Provided he's not having fun with the secretary of course.

I sure hope the FA adds a hefty suspended ban on top of what he rightly deserves for the offence. It should make the manager and his coaches think twice before they persist in showing indiscipline and seeking confrontations with the opposition teams.

Should Everton have sacked Moyes when they nearly went down?

How much money had Moyes been able to spend when Everton were in trouble..?

Remind me again, HOW much did NUFC have to spend to bail out Pardew in January last year and even after that, we just missed going down by ONE point..??

What sort of record for being sacked did Moyes have compared to Pardew before they joined their respective clubs..?

Has Moyes been involved in as many controversial incidents as Pardew..??

You are just a Pardew apologist .

I thought we should have been spending much more than we were?

Which means what in the context of this subject..?

Remind me again, HOW much did NUFC have to spend to bail out Pardew in January last year and even after that, we just missed going down by ONE point..??

A paltry amount, I thought was the consensus on here? No matter how much Everton spent, Moyes' target at the start of that season won't have been a million miles from ours.

What sort of record for being sacked did Moyes have compared to Pardew before they joined their respective clubs..?

Totally irrelevant to whether nearly getting relegated is a sacking offence

Also totally irrelevant

No, just not necessarily hell-bent on slaughtering him at every turn.

If you really think that the points you call 'totally irrelevant' are indeed that, I wouldn't put you in charge of a whelk stall...I suppose you would think its 'totally irrelevant' if you found out that a Fund manager with dodgy history was in charge of your financial affairs and your investments were struggling...

Try harder next time.....

hopefully they throw the f***ing book at the prick, force ashley's hand to sack him

http://muslimvillage.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Unveiling-ceremony-of-the-worlds-largest-Holy-Quran-8-600x399.jpg

Guest tollemache

A paltry amount, I thought was the consensus on here? No matter how much Everton spent, Moyes' target at the start of that season won't have been a million miles from ours.

Totally irrelevant to whether nearly getting relegated is a sacking offence

Also totally irrelevant

No, just not necessarily hell-bent on slaughtering him at every turn.

If you really think that the points you call 'totally irrelevant' are indeed that, I wouldn't put you in charge of a whelk stall...I suppose you would think its 'totally irrelevant' if you found out that a Fund manager with dodgy history was in charge of your financial affairs and your investments were struggling...

Try harder next time.....

OK, I'll try harder.

Almost every football manager has at some point been sacked. Some absolutely fantastic managers have been sacked several times because that is just what usually happens to managers, and you certainly don't hold it against them when appraising their performance in their current job. So whether or not a manager should be sacked for nearly getting relegated has nothing to do with their history of getting sacked from other jobs at all. You're judging them on the job they're doing, not the 2 or 3 jobs they've had before, which you presumably took into account before you chose to give them a crack of the whip at your club.

Whether or not a manager should be sacked for nearly getting relegated also has nothing to do with how controversial they are or have been in the past. Some great managers have attracted a lot of controversy (Mourinho for example) and so have some crappy ones (Paolo Di Canio for example). Again, that is something you look at if you're considering hiring them, rather than suddenly making it part of your reasoning if their performance dips, because that would be weird, stupid and unfair.

The only things relevant to whether or not a manager should be sacked for nearly getting relegated are things like this:

- How much worse than their expected performance that was

- Whether there are mitigating circumstances for that performance

- Whether you think the next season will be much better

- That's pretty much it

You're confusing "things that might influence your decision to hire a manager in the first place" with "things that might influence your decision to sack a manager who nearly got relegated" which is a pretty simple distinction, so you fucking try harder.

As for your fund manager analogy, that doesn't really work. If you suddenly found out your fund manager had a dodgy history, but he was absolutely killing it with the fund he was managing for you, you'd probably keep him on. If he was performing in a dodgy way, you'd probably get shot of him - just as with the football manager, you'd judge him on performance. It also doesn't work because you're imagining a world in which you didn't previously know the fund manager's track record (i.e; if you'd known then you wouldn't have hired him, or perhaps he deceived you), but all football managers' CV's are there for all to see before they're hired, and that is the point at which you take their track record into account. So it's an utterly useless analogy from head to toe and here once again I'm going to suggest that you put a bit more effort in.

- How much worse than their expected performance that was

- Whether there are mitigating circumstances for that performance

- Whether you think the next season will be much better

- That's pretty much it

so you agree, he should have been sacked?  glad we cleared that up