Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-boss-alan-pardew-ready-3402658

Alan Pardew is ready to come out battling after being written off as Newcastle boss.

Toon’s season is in meltdown after losing 10 of their last 15 games, and shipping 11 goals without reply in heavy defeats to Everton, Southampton and Manchester United.

Almost 90 per cent of fans called for their manager’s head in a poll this week, but Pardew says he has to take the flak on the chin, and show his strength of character in a bid to turn things around in the final five games of another rollercoaster season on Tyneside.

He insists fans are right to criticise as he struggles to stir a response from his troops, and the defiant manager said: “You conduct a poll in the wake of getting beaten by Everton, Southampton and Manchester United, and it’s going to be pretty obvious what’s coming out of that poll. I have to accept that.

“The point of being the manager of this football club is that you need to have a resilience about you. You need to be able to accept criticism, take it, come back and produce your best.”

Even with their bad run, Newcastle are on course to achieve their goal of a top-10 finish, while at the same time balancing the books off the pitch.

Despite that, the Toon boss knows his popularity has hit rock bottom with fans – just two-and-a-half years after enjoying a 95 per cent Toon Army approval rating when the his side was riding high in the table.

Pardew, the Premier League’s second longest-serving boss added: “It’s difficult for all managers.

"If you look at my own position, the job that I’ve done since I’ve been here – we’re safe in the Premier League but I’m under huge pressure and it’s been said a ‘dead man walking’.

“It doesn’t go away in the Premier League. You really are living one six-game period to the next.”

The man is hilarious to be honest.

Its the worst Manchester united side in 25 years who best us 4-0 at home.

A Southampton side which is mid table and a Everton side which hasn't won away this Calender year

Which ever way you spin it Alan its shit

Guest bimpy474

It's not even about other teams, it's about us. We are conceding goals galore, we can't score mainly because we create nothing. The football is awful and the players look like strangers.

We are the worst team in the league right now, to watch and how we're playing, and that Alan is down to you, you utter cunt.

It's not even about other teams, it's about us. We are conceding goals galore, we can't score mainly because we create nothing. The football is awful and the players look like strangers.

We are the worst team in the league right now, to watch and how we're playing, and that Alan is down to you, you utter c***.

Leave Pardew alone. He's doing his best.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-boss-alan-pardew-ready-3402658

Alan Pardew is ready to come out battling after being written off as Newcastle boss.

Toon’s season is in meltdown after losing 10 of their last 15 games, and shipping 11 goals without reply in heavy defeats to Everton, Southampton and Manchester United.

Almost 90 per cent of fans called for their manager’s head in a poll this week, but Pardew says he has to take the flak on the chin, and show his strength of character in a bid to turn things around in the final five games of another rollercoaster season on Tyneside.

He insists fans are right to criticise as he struggles to stir a response from his troops, and the defiant manager said: “You conduct a poll in the wake of getting beaten by Everton, Southampton and Manchester United, and it’s going to be pretty obvious what’s coming out of that poll. I have to accept that.

“The point of being the manager of this football club is that you need to have a resilience about you. You need to be able to accept criticism, take it, come back and produce your best.”

Even with their bad run, Newcastle are on course to achieve their goal of a top-10 finish, while at the same time balancing the books off the pitch.

Despite that, the Toon boss knows his popularity has hit rock bottom with fans – just two-and-a-half years after enjoying a 95 per cent Toon Army approval rating when the his side was riding high in the table.

Pardew, the Premier League’s second longest-serving boss added: “It’s difficult for all managers.

"If you look at my own position, the job that I’ve done since I’ve been here – we’re safe in the Premier League but I’m under huge pressure and it’s been said a ‘dead man walking’.

“It doesn’t go away in the Premier League. You really are living one six-game period to the next.”

And there it is, the Pards underlying mindset :thup: Safety first and foremost, anything else is a bonus.

:huff:

Pardew:

"It's been as tough a period as manager I've ever had."

Wiki:

In the 2006–07 season, Pardew was criticised after seeing West Ham through their worst run of defeats in over 70 years which included an exit from the UEFA Cup to Palermo in the very first round

"You look at a club like Southampton, and they’re in a much stronger financial position than us in terms of purchasing players."

Bk8HG6OCMAA6NJF.jpg:large

:dowie:

:mystery:

http://i.imgur.com/P0stc3B.png

:mysterysolved:

Bill Kenwright at Everton doesn't spend money either. He just recognises that spending on a decent manager is the best investment you can make.

The point of being the manager of this football club is that you need to have a resilience about you.

Nope.  Not a chance mate.  The point of being the manager of this football club is doing your utmost to make the club the best it can possibly be, and showing that you have the aptitude to do that with the performances and results you oversee, your comments in the press and your conduct on and off the pitch.

The stuff he's came out with in the press the last few weeks is unforgiveable.  Getting towards Joe Kinnear "AREN'T THOUSE GEORDIES FACKING THICK CANTS" levels of bullshit now, he's just being a touch more guarded about it.  Detestable prick.

Can see us winning tomorrow, just purely because this guy's f***ing Teflon.

if we do I just hope that doesn't change too many fickle minds. He's had his easy ride. Even if we do win it'll be a scrappy undeserved win and Brett will be back to tell us how deluded we all are.

The point of being the manager of this football club is that you need to have a resilience about you.

Nope.  Not a chance mate.  The point of being the manager of this football club is doing your utmost to make the club the best it can possibly be, and showing that you have the aptitude to do that with the performances and results you oversee, your comments in the press and your conduct on and off the pitch.

The stuff he's came out with in the press the last few weeks is unforgiveable.  Getting towards Joe Kinnear "AREN'T THOUSE GEORDIES FACKING THICK CANTS" levels of bullshit now, he's just being a touch more guarded about it.  Detestable prick.

:lol:

Bill Kenwright at Everton doesn't spend money either. He just recognises that spending on a decent manager is the best investment you can make.

They've spent plenty.

Where have they spent plenty?

Can see us winning tomorrow, just purely because this guy's f***ing Teflon.

I can't see it, the best I think we'll do is a bore draw.  I can't see us winning and if they score it'll be another long 90 minutes for the players.

They've spent plenty.

Where have they spent plenty?

Here's a few from recent years that would give Mike Ashley sleepless nights.

Johnson £8.5m

Yakubu £11.5m

Fellaini £15m

Bilyaletdinov £10m

McCarthy £13m

They've sold some players for big money (after getting good use out of them) but the key thing is they're not terrified of spending what they have like we are.