Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

We spent 8m on Anita, you don't spend 8M on a player who isn't damn average.  Also I seem to remember Sissoko playing for France before he joined us and looking decent then.

Being without one or two players, however good they may be, should not result in the team being fucking arseholed virtually every week without scoring.

Spot on.

Even without Remy and Cabaye, our line-ups have been atrocious. It doesn't take a footballing genius to understand that Dummett and Anita are not wingbacks, Sissoko isn't a winger, Gouffran can't play wide in a 4-4-2, and MYM isn't a RB.

We spent 8m on Anita, you don't spend 8M on a player who isn't damn average.  Also I seem to remember Sissoko playing for France before he joined us and looking decent then.

£6.7m.

Guest neesy111

Basically you should have a system where players just slot in when injuries occur etc.  You should still be able to function without key players but just miss the extra quality they bring.  Unlike the ramble and shambles we are now.  Even Glenn Roeder managed to make us like a team when he had a complete makeshift back 4.

Guest neesy111

£6.7m.

:thup:

Guest neesy111

£6.7 million buys you an average player these days, to be fair. Nowt more than that.

It depends entirely on what market you operate in etc.

Guest neesy111

Generally speaking - very few significant transfers in Europe are less than £10 million I would have thought.

When did anyone say significant transfer?

I was pointing out we paid a decent sum for Anita which for us it was.

Guest neesy111

£6.7 million buys you an average player these days, to be fair. Nowt more than that.

I got slaughtered for saying this a few months back. :lol:

Well we have issues if that's the case in the summer. :(

Guest bimpy474

Generally speaking - very few significant transfers in Europe are less than £10 million I would have thought.

And why we have signed no one for nearly 18 months, Ashley isn't willing to spend more than £7m or so. Good players cost decent money and the days of us getting players like Cabaye on the cheap are gone, clubs are wise to us now.

I got slaughtered for saying this a few months back. :lol:

It's true. £6.7million is nowt to most 'big' clubs.

And why we have signed no one for nearly 18 months, Ashley isn't willing to spend more than £7m or so. Good players cost decent money and the days of us getting players like Cabaye on the cheap are gone, clubs are wise to us now.

Aye.

Guest neesy111

When have we looked a "bloody good team" at any point this season, other than 2 or 3 games where we've played well on the day? ???

Villa away.

Chelsea home.

West Ham away.

Hull away.

Man Utd away.

Stoke home.

Thats what I'd say were our good wins this season.

Fair enough - All I'm getting at is that he wasn't going to be a world beater for that price.

Guest bimpy474

When have we looked a "bloody good team" at any point this season, other than 2 or 3 games where we've played well on the day? ???

Villa away.

Chelsea home.

West Ham away.

Hull away.

Man Utd away.

Stoke home.

I wouldn't include Stoke at home, they were the far better side and leading until the sendings off.

Guest neesy111

I'd defo say thats the case about clubs seeing us coming now.  Don't think we'll see much movement from the french market this summer.

Villa away.

Chelsea home.

West Ham away.

Hull away.

Man Utd away.

Stoke home.

Palace away was very good, IIRC.

Guest bimpy474

I'd defo say thats the case about clubs seeing us coming now.  Don't think we'll see much movement from the french market this summer.

Unless we cough up proper dough, which we won't. God it's going to be horrendous this summer :(

Guest neesy111

Fair enough - All I'm getting at is that he wasn't going to be a world beater for that price.

Ofcourse not, but he was a good player before we signed him though from what I've read.  Actually him joining us seems to have pushed him further out of the international picture if anything.

Guest neesy111

Villa away.

Chelsea home.

West Ham away.

Hull away.

Man Utd away.

Stoke home.

Palace away was very good, IIRC.

Totally forgot about that.