Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brought this clown up today at work (Leeds fan, Spurs fan and Liverpool fan) and they all replied along the lines of 'it wasn't that when you were flying and finishing about 5th. Maybe it's your owners fault not the managers'

I give up.

Mick, I come on here to hash this s*** out. If you think I'm wrong then tell me why. The one-liners give me nothing.

Every point you've made has been rubbished far too many times to keep repeating the same stuff.  One liners are all that's required at this stage.  You seem to think he's good at what he's doing because he's done it for so long.  He's done if for so long because idiots have employed him and all but 2 have sacked him because he hasn't been up to the job.  He's only here because he's willing to tongue his bosses hoop, not because he's good at his job.

John Barnes was a better football show anchor than Rik Mayall would be. He did it professionally.

George Bush was a better president of the USA than Bill Hicks would have been. He did it professionally.

Lee Ryder is a better writer than anyone on the forum. He writes professionally.

Absolutely mental line of argument isn't it :lol:

Bloke's been brought up to question nothing whatsoever

I honestly don't believe Lee Ryder is a "better writer than anyone on the forum" tbh :lol:

I can guarantee that there will be at least a few who are capable of writing far more consistently than he does, both in content and style.

Whoosh? Double-bluff whoosh on me?

Brought this clown up today at work (Leeds fan, Spurs fan and Liverpool fan) and they all replied along the lines of 'it wasn't that when you were flying and finishing about 5th. Maybe it's your owners fault not the managers'

I give up.

We have better players now than when we finished 5th. Yet the team has been utter toilet for 2 years. Aye blame the owner. The only way Ashley is at fault for the recent form is because of his continuous employment of this utter fucking clown.

I honestly don't believe Lee Ryder is a "better writer than anyone on the forum" tbh :lol:

I can guarantee that there will be at least a few who are capable of writing far more consistently than he does, both in content and style.

Whoosh? Double-bluff whoosh on me?

Nah just the whoosh on me, fair play :lol:

Didn't even read the first 2 lines properly.

Must say Luca is beginning to sway me with his persuasive arguments.

I mean, Cabaye WAS sold and then we DID get worse. Coincidence? I don't think so.

He's right when he says that Pards has been a manager for like 15 YEARS and ppl on here have the audacity to think they know better than him about MANAGEMENT issues where he is a MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL? nah not for me.

It's like people questioning Putin over Russian actions against the Ukraine... where do ppl get off on thinking they know what the president of Russia should do? PUTIN IS THE PRESIDENT OF RUSSIA.

Guest bimpy474

4-5-------1 formation. Still waiting to hear Luca's views about Pardew's favourite line up.

What do you want me to say? It's a safety-first formation that works well when you break quickly and have a striker that can handle the role.

We don't have that striker (at least not fit and playing), we're not breaking quickly enough although in season past we were much better at it, and it's not providing enough safety to squeek the odd result at the moment. We're just getting hammered.

There's nothing wrong with the principle of the formation but I agree the execution has been shit, performances have been shit, and Pardew has to answer for it.

451 in itself isn't a crime. *shrug*

So basically we are playing the wrong formation for the players we have available. If only there was a job description for someone who could sort that out.

Our problems are deeper than the wrong formation.

We're giving away a lot of goals recently. There are two ways you can go with it; be more attacking and hope that takes the pressure off (but might leave you open once you lose the ball), or keep it even tighter. 

Given we're already playing a 451 and our attacking options are pretty shit (injured, lack confidence, has never been prolific, was never any good, is 12 years old) there's not much room for movement.

See that is the bollocks that Pardew has everyone believing, we've never been tight, let alone even tighter under him. By design he's a defensive coach, all i ask you do is look at our goals conceded from the very start of his reign and you'll see that he has been far far away from keeping us tight.

And it isn't because we attack too much, it's that he is crap at it, what more evidence do you need, for you to see what is right there in front of you. Honestly just look.

I mean, Cabaye WAS sold and then we DID get worse. Coincidence? I don't think so.

He's right when he says that Pards has been a manager for like 15 YEARS and ppl on here have the audacity to think they know better than him about MANAGEMENT issues where he is a MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL? nah not for me.

It's like people questioning Putin over Russian actions against the Ukraine... where do ppl get off on thinking they know what the president of Russia should do? PUTIN IS THE PRESIDENT OF RUSSIA.

Spudil trying to make sure he disappears in the dead of night.  :thup:

The argument of "he's a professional, therefore he knows best" only works in a world where all professionals in a particular field do things exactly the same.

Football managers don't.

The argument of "he's a professional, therefore he knows best" only works in a world where all professionals in a particular field do things exactly the same.

Football managers don't.

I think "he's a professional" is the weakest argument for Pardew that I've seen yet.

Shola's been playing first-team football for like, 14 years. He must be better than people like Lukaku as he's been doing it so long and they haven't.

Guest bimpy474

Football managers don't.

I think "he's a professional" is the weakest argument for Pardew that I've seen yet.

Headbutting players is very professional like.

4-5-------1 formation. Still waiting to hear Luca's views about Pardew's favourite line up.

What do you want me to say? It's a safety-first formation that works well when you break quickly and have a striker that can handle the role.

We don't have that striker (at least not fit and playing), we're not breaking quickly enough although in season past we were much better at it, and it's not providing enough safety to squeek the odd result at the moment. We're just getting hammered.

There's nothing wrong with the principle of the formation but I agree the execution has been shit, performances have been shit, and Pardew has to answer for it.

So basically we are playing the wrong formation for the players we have available. If only there was a job description for someone who could sort that out.

We're giving away a lot of goals recently. There are two ways you can go with it; be more attacking and hope that takes the pressure off (but might leave you open once you lose the ball), or keep it even tighter. 

Given we're already playing a 451 and our attacking options are pretty shit (injured, lack confidence, has never been prolific, was never any good, is 12 years old) there's not much room for movement.

Our attacking options are a lot better than you would think if you stopped worrying about the opposition and put players in their natural position for a start. If you are going to play Cisse up front, then he needs delivery from wide areas. So on the left, Santon and Gouffran is not a great supply line. Neither is MYM going to give you much as a marauding right back :lol:

But yeah, I suppose we could always put an extra defensive midfielder in there to stop us getting beat 4-0.

I know tons of people who have been doing jobs for donkeys years and are utterly shit at them. And most of them haven't been sacked repeatedly for underperformance either.

Coaching badges mean fuck all, I mean professional footballers are renowned for being thick as mince, yet every single one of them seems to manage to get them. It's not like ex-footballers everywhere are resitting these exams repeatedly, everyone passes first time provided they turn up. It's just a money-making scheme for the FA and a way to keep management and coaching as a closed shop for ex-professionals so that Joe Public can't swan in and take one of their jobs.

There's nothing wrong with the principle of the formation but I agree the execution has been s***, performances have been s***, and Pardew has to answer for it.

Given we're already playing a 451 and our attacking options are pretty s*** (injured, lack confidence, has never been prolific, was never any good, is 12 years old) there's not much room for movement.

Our attacking options are a lot better than you would think if you stopped worrying about the opposition and put players in their natural position for a start. If you are going to play Cisse up front, then he needs delivery from wide areas. So on the left, Santon and Gouffran is not a great supply line. Neither is MYM going to give you much as a marauding right back :lol:

But yeah, I suppose we could always put an extra defensive midfielder in there to stop us getting beat 4-0.

1-0 is a moral victory like #stoptherot

See that is the bollocks that Pardew has everyone believing, we've never been tight, let alone even tighter under him. By design he's a defensive coach, all i ask you do is look at our goals conceded from the very start of his reign and you'll see that he has been far far away from keeping us tight.

And it isn't because we attack too much, it's that he is crap at it, what more evidence do you need, for you to see what is right there in front of you. Honestly just look.

I don't have the stats in front of me but I'm prepared to go along with that. Moreover, I agree with the general opinion on here that we shouldn't be trying to keep it tight and not over committing against the likes of Palace, Stoke, and the Mackems. We should be getting at teams like that. We lack depth in quality but we've certainly got enough to see off those fuckers.

However, when you lack genuine threat up front, as we do at the moment, where do you go from there? We're not really able to get at teams when our strikers are injured or out of form and our only real linkup play comes from a player who is hit or miss and in and out of the team. He's trying to keep it tight and it's not working. He's obviously trying to stabilize. Stop losing, get morale back up, and build on a defensive record then take it from there. But you're right, he's proving that he doesn't have what it takes to motivate the players to do that. I just don't see a way out for him now. He could play HBA in a free role behind our two best strikers at the moment and we'd still be shit.

I can understand the defensive mentality in trying to fix the problem. My main objection is the execution.

Football managers don't.

Me pointing out his experience and qualifications isn't an argument for keeping him at the club. There are many reasons why he shouldn't be here.

Me pointing that out is merely to move the conversation on from "He's clueless! He's a charlatan! He's only there because he's blowing Ashley!" shit. It's tedious.

We've got a manager who had us performing well and with many of the same players as we have now we're currently shit. There's some interesting debate to be had around it if you want to look at it sensibly.

The blind rage, insult-fest is just fucking boring.

If Pardew had even a small amount of testicles about him, he'd have gone for something like this vs Stoke:

Cisse

Gouffran                          Ben Arfa

Marveaux  Anita

Tiote

Hiadara  Coloccini    MYM    Santon

Elliott

============================

Not the cowardly defensive shite he lined up with. And I'd attack with that, not fucking cower and spend 90 minutes running in the wrong direction. Get the wingers up past the wide forwards, not have the forwards tracking back past the wingers. 1 DM, not 2 or 3. Push up to half-way when in possession and get at them.

Me pointing out his experience and qualifications isn't an argument for keeping him at the club. There are many reasons why he shouldn't be here.

Me pointing that out is merely to move the conversation on from "He's clueless! He's a charlatan! He's only there because he's blowing Ashley!" s***. It's tedious.

We've got a manager who had us performing well and with many of the same players as we have now we're currently s***. There's some interesting debate to be had around it if you want to look at it sensibly.

The blind rage, insult-fest is just f***ing boring.

Tedious or not he is clueless, he is a charlatan and he is only there because he's blowing Ashley.  He's not here because he was sacked at West Ham, he's not here because he was sacked at Charlton and he's not here because he was sacked at Southampton who have gone on to better things since he was sacked.

Football managers don't.

Me pointing that out is merely to move the conversation on from "He's clueless! He's a charlatan! He's only there because he's blowing Ashley!" shit. It's tedious.

We've got a manager who had us performing well and with many of the same players as we have now we're currently shit. There's some interesting debate to be had around it if you want to look at it sensibly.

The blind rage, insult-fest is just fucking boring.

Sorry like, I'm not having this. There has been very reasonable discussion going on about Pardew and his deficiencies for a number of years now (even when we finished 5th, his gaping flaws were all pointed out, and it was shouted very loudly that they would come back and bite us), and all along the way you've popped your head up every few months to tell us how utterly wrong we were.

Personally I've discussed his tactics, man-management, media presence etc etc to absolute fucking death and now I've been at the stage for months where I can do nothing other than laugh at him and call him a cunt.

If you wanted reasonable discussion instead of ignoring what has been absolutely fucking obvious for a long time, you should have had it, instead you (and notable others) came on and mocked people who had very genuine concerns, and now you want "interesting debate"?

Go back 12 months and look at anything posted in the football forum by Beren, Interpolic, Hanz, Dave, Sewelly, mrmojorisin and countless others. There's your interesting debate. We were here a long time before you were interested in listening.

If Pardew had even a small amount of testicles about him, he'd have gone for something like this vs Stoke:

Cisse

Gouffran                          Ben Arfa

Marveaux  Anita

Tiote

Hiadara  Coloccini    MYM    Santon

Elliott

============================

Not the cowardly defensive s**** he lined up with. And I'd attack with that, not f***ing cower and spend 90 minutes running in the wrong direction. Get the wingers up past the wide forwards, not have the forwards tracking back past the wingers. 1 DM, not 2 or 3. Push up to half-way when in possession and get at them.

But he doesn't know what to do on the training pitch to make attacking football work, he's just not a good coach IMO, same goes for the chuckle brothers, Carver and Stone, I can't see what they bring to the table.