Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is it only me, or do people on here feel strange about the opinions many of us on here have been arguing for the past 12 months  are hitting home NOW? (his philosophy and negativity being the main reasons for last season, technical and dynamic players being Pardewed etc.)

It's been incredibly obvious for more than a year. I know many on here were done with him after Reading at SJP. He lost me for good by the derby. His ideas and true footballing mentality has been painfully transparent even when we've had good spells. He always reverts to it.

How f***ing hard is it to see? They needed banners at Stoke to admit to this?

Yeah, without trying to sound like a prat, although it is difficult when saying this, it's just entirely obvious to me (or "us"). I see no reason to read or write anything in any great detail anymore that tries to analyse Pardew's performance or explain why he shouldn't be managing the club. I'm just happy the media have finally decided to inform everyone else.

Surely when we're in the worst run of form andthe press are noticing, it's exactly the right time to heap criticism on him as much as possible if you want him out.

Criticism while we're chasing Europe is never going to catch fire and mount any significant pressure.  It certainly won't resonate in the national (international) press.

I don't see the wisdom of blaming the failure that was last season 100% on lack of investment or 100% on Pardew or 100% on anything else for that matter.  Far too many times I looked at our lineup last season and thought we should have far too much for the opposition on paper, then we got beat.  That's the manager's responsibility, along with the coaching staff and the players.

Near-relegation was obviously due to a combination of factors and it was obvious at the time, just as it is now, that the manager should take his share of the blame.  Only now is that happening widely, 12 months later.

Is it only me, or do people on here feel strange about the opinions many of us on here have been arguing for the past 12 months  are hitting home NOW? (his philosophy and negativity being the main reasons for last season, technical and dynamic players being Pardewed etc.)

It's been incredibly obvious for more than a year. I know many on here were done with him after Reading at SJP. He lost me for good by the derby. His ideas and true footballing mentality has been painfully transparent even when we've had good spells. He always reverts to it.

How f***ing hard is it to see? They needed banners at Stoke to admit to this?

Yeah, without trying to sound like a prat, although it is difficult when saying this, it's just entirely obvious to me (or "us"). I see no reason to read or write anything in any great detail anymore that tries to analyse Pardew's performance or explain why he shouldn't be managing the club. I'm just happy the media have finally decided to inform everyone else.

Surely when we're in the worst run of form andthe press are noticing, it's exactly the right time to heap criticism on him as much as possible if you want him out.

Criticism while we're chasing Europe is never going to catch fire and mount any significant pressure.  It certainly won't resonate in the national (international) press.

Nah I agree, sorry it probably didn't read as I meant it too tbh.

I'm happy that there's a lot of negative press surrounding him at the minute, I just personally cannot really be arsed to read it. The more there is the better though, and hopefully anyone still trying to defend him at this point reads stuff like this and gets on board, whether it be in the media, on sites such as TrueFaith and The Mag or on one of the various blogs.

I don't see the wisdom of blaming the failure that was last season 100% on lack of investment or 100% on Pardew or 100% on anything else for that matter.  Far too many times I looked at our lineup last season and thought we should have far too much for the opposition on paper, then we got beat.  That's the manager's responsibility, along with the coaching staff and the players.

Near-relegation was obviously due to a combination of factors and it was obvious at the time, just as it is now, that the manager should take his share of the blame.  Only now is that happening widely, 12 months later.

Absolutely.

I was trying to get across that whether we've finished top 5(11/12) or bottom 5 (12/13) or somewhere in between (13/14), the performances throughout have been standard Pardew, and ALWAYS offered diminishing returns.  For better or worse, due to finishing 5th the year before and not having been backed in the summer, he got off light with criticism last year, Ashley took the brunt of criticism from most media and many of the more pragmatic (without any positive or negative connotation on that word) fans.

:thup: People tend to focus on the things Pardew hasn't got as opposed to what he has. "We made a £45m profit" "Cabaye was sold" "He had injuries that year" "He was playing extra games as we were in Europe" "We never bought anyone in the summer" these things are true, and are a factor, but they still don't excuse the manager when he's getting absolutely thrashed week in week out with a team that half of the managers in the league would kill for.

Comment on that Guardian article posted 2:12pm is the worst thing I've ever seen

2.26 is even better in reponse to that post.. 'I could not agree with you more'  :spit:

Brett's turn reminds me of this lad I used to go to school with who was the biggest charver going and then just randomly rocked up one day with a Johnny Marr haircut and a love for punk rock.

If any players in Europe have been paying any attention, they'll have seen the destruction of certain international careers recently. Players like Krul, Anita, MYM, Santon, Ben Arfa were either close to, or in the international set-up, at some point in or just before their Newcastle career. Now they're all completely out in the cold right before a World Cup.

That's going to make finding good talent in places like France much more difficult. Moving to the Premier League's meant to solidify your international career, not ruin it.

Absolutely.

I was trying to get across that whether we've finished top 5(11/12) or bottom 5 (12/13) or somewhere in between (13/14), the performances throughout have been standard Pardew, and ALWAYS offered diminishing returns.  For better or worse, due to finishing 5th the year before and not having been backed in the summer, he got off light with criticism last year, Ashley took the brunt of criticism from most media and many of the more pragmatic (without any positive or negative connotation on that word) fans.

Fair enough, I agree that injections of quality into the squad have generally led to us looking better but it's always short-lived, as you say.  It's frustrating because we could have arguably built on something more concrete at the end of the season we finished 5th and going into the following season, i.e. the 433 formation/tactics/style of play we employed for a few games to great effect, but of course Pardew abandoned it to go back to 442 first chance he got.

Guest firetotheworks

Looking at some of the other stats man, Liverpool have scored 49 goals in 2014 and we've managed 9.  That doesn't even seem like a gap mathematically possible between two teams in the same divison :lol:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/2014-premier-league-would-newcastle-6990438?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I know, in the same half of the league as well.

Guest firetotheworks

Imagine Alan Smith trying to explain to a team how to score a goal.

"Then you cross it in, and you big man, you eh, you...ah I'm sure something comes next!"

Guest neesy111

"Then you cross it in, and you big man, you eh, you...ah I'm sure something comes next!"

He'll tell the strikers to be facing back from goal.

He could always try calling Pards,

"it's the process you haz to get right Smiffy. But you haz to be middle claarss edjucayted to understand wot the process is and 'ow to implement it".  :pardsgrin: