Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

10 hours ago, Upthemags said:

Bruno F another year older, the engine that kept them alive last season and played far more than he should be at his age. ManU have been very lucky injury wise that hes largely been unscathed, but I predict he'll start to show signs of all the over-usage/age this season.

We'll get champions league or EL next season and ManU will battle for 6/7 with Villa would be my guess.

Bruno F is 29, not 39. He'll be absolutely fine playing a load of football again this season.

I know it cost us a place in Europe but that fluke win over Man City in the cup final is a blessing in disguise, as it's literally the only reason Ten Hag is still the manager and it will benefit us once the season starts . 

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Is it just me or have the preseason games this year had more coverage/interest. 

They mean absolutely fuck all. :lol:

When you lose 

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

Is it just me or have the preseason games this year had more coverage/interest. 

They mean absolutely fuck all. :lol:

It is pretty weird.

Only thing I see important about preseason games is so players gain match fitness, and ideally see some patterns of play develop.

The score is completely meaningless.

13 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

They do mean fuck all, but I'm guessing if you'd won the narrative would have been how promising you looked not how little the game mattered.

Feel free to point out where I said that for the preseason games we've won. :lol:

Between ourselves and Liverpool there were probably 5 or 6 players who actually start games. Just a fitness exercise. 

We've a glorified friendly next Saturday for the first teamers. 

It’s an insane narrative to start judging teams off pre season 

a) if your going out of your way to watch pre season games on tv your a weirdo. Fair enough if just to fill a spot and not take seriously 

b) if you could read anything off them you would have Chelsea in the top 4 last season. Read into that how much they are a reflection of real life games …

3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Feel free to point out where I said that for the preseason games we've won. :lol:

Between ourselves and Liverpool there were probably 5 or 6 players who actually start games. Just a fitness exercise. 

We've a glorified friendly next Saturday for the first teamers. 

Not going to lie, I'm quite surprised by your team at the moment.

Been linked with lots of players but just Yoro has come in so far with Zirkzee. Neither of who are likely to hit the ground running early on. With Yoro being out and Zirkzee having got the extra break.

Looking a lot like last season's lineup still. A bad start could lead to all sorts of drama.

And Gareth will be waiting ...

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Looking a lot like last season's lineup still.

Without the injuries it's completely different mind. Not sure Ten Hag has ever been able to select his first choice eleven. 

Could be an interesting season. Having Zirkzee as a backup striker is certainly much better than having an injured Martial though. :lol:

8 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Without the injuries it's completely different mind. Not sure Ten Hag has ever been able to select his first choice eleven. 

Could be an interesting season. Having Zirkzee as a backup striker is certainly much better than having an injured Martial though. :lol:

Will the Euros/Copa players be able to come straight back in?

If not, the team is going to be looking crazy the first few games.

The Ugarte and DeLigt deals have been so slow.

Just now, KaKa said:

The Ugarte and DeLigt deals have been so slow.

Ugarte was waiting on the Joao Neves deal completing. I would expect us to push hard for that over the next week. 

McTominay and Wan Bissaka need to be sold for De Ligt and Mazraoui to come in. 

All personal terms already agreed with all the players. I do think they'll all arrive before the end of August. 

Ugarte is essential though. 

1 minute ago, Big River said:

was Ugarte the one stinking up the midfield for PSG when we battered them?

yep. We used him as the trigger for our press. Absolutely awful on the ball.

Edited by Smal

5 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Ugarte was waiting on the Joao Neves deal completing. I would expect us to push hard for that over the next week. 

McTominay and Wan Bissaka need to be sold for De Ligt and Mazraoui to come in. 

All personal terms already agreed with all the players. I do think they'll all arrive before the end of August. 

Ugarte is essential though. 

Yeah, agree on Ugarte. I like him.

Although, it will depend on who is in midfield with him, and how that is balanced.

Cassemiro was looking wild yesterday. Got sent flying by Carvalho.

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Mainoo and Fernandes. 

Should be interesting. I guess that should work.

Are you not still looking at Rabiot then?

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Should be interesting. I guess that should work.

Are you not still looking at Rabiot then?

Surprisingly I haven't heard anything about us going for him this summer. We were very interested in him before and held talks with him, but they must not have went very well. 

Ugarte would be enough in midfield this season though. Ugarte, Casemiro, Fernandes, Mainoo, Mount, Eriksen and Collyer would be more than enough to see us through. I'd expect Casemiro and Eriksen then to both leave next summer at the latest, and another midfield signing to be made.