Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Man City are winning the cup whatever.

Don't trust them in the final either, after last year's debacle.

Can't afford for Sunderland to make that final, as weird crap starts happening.

Can't rely on Moyes tonight though, the dufus.

They will turn it around, they still have an incredible pull around the world so attracting quality won't be a problem. Holding onto it will be.

Wonder how long that pull will last, especially if they don't qualify for the CL. Assume most players outside the UK have never heard of David Moyes.

The manager thing is over-rated. Who was Chelsea manager when Hazard had his choice of clubs? HBA came to play for Hughton. Cabaye for Pardew. I don't think Suarez cared who was L'pool manager at the time.

Man Utd. rarely buy the finished article unless it's from a smaller British club. They can still attract the next Vidic, Evra, Cabaye, Suarez etc. type players. Even the likes of Atletico Aguero if nobody else comes up with the money.

Man City are winning the cup whatever.

Sunderland not playing at Wembley in a final >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sunderland playing at Wembley in a final

Guest Haris Vuckic

Players move for money above all else & pretty much always have.

yep. All this 'would players want to come and play for Moyes?' is just a veiled insult to him.

:thup:

The manager thing tends to come into play if there is competition for the players, with two clubs offering similar financial incentives.

Also, one of the problems Man U has is that they don't currently have a bunch of other players that many would want to play with really.

It's just Rooney and Van Persie really, and Rooney's contract is running down and he's refusing to sign.

Not a good situation.

Guest Haris Vuckic

The manager thing tends to come into play if there is competition for the players, with two clubs offering similar financial incentives.

Also, one of the problems Man U has is that they don't currently have a bunch of other players that many would want to play with really.

It's just Rooney and Van Persie really, and Rooney's contract is running down and he's refusing to sign.

Not a good situation.

I think my eyes would bleed if someone asked me to play next to Tom Cleverly - even in a kickabout.

I wouldn't feel so bad about Sunderland in the league cup if we ever looked like bothering with a domestic competition under Pardew. It's my main problem with him.

Especially tis season, when we are under no threat of relegation, and are kind of entrenched in our current position.

Really should have gone for it this year, if ever.

Ridiculous guy.

The player chooses whoever is willing to pay most. You had Kewell choosing L'pool over a prime Arsenal for an extra 10k.

It's not the Manchester United way to fight for the complete player anyway (unless from a British club). Perfectly capable of signing an Ajax Suarez, a Yohan Cabaye, Spurs Modric. Who did Cabaye want to come and play with?

It comes down to money and negotiations.

The player chooses whoever is willing to pay most. You had Kewell choosing L'pool over a prime Arsenal for an extra 10k.

It's not the Manchester United way to fight for the complete player anyway (unless from a British club). Perfectly capable of signing an Ajax Suarez, a Yohan Cabaye, Spurs Modric. Who did Cabaye want to come and play with?

It comes down to money and negotiations.

I see what you're saying, but I think these things do play  a role for some players for sure.

Cabaye was so underrated when we signed him it was untrue! Besides, I think he was all set to join Villa ahead of us because of Houllier, but then Houllier got ill and left.

i think the manager thing comes into play at the top level (particularly with younger players) in terms of the managers track record of improving players, making good players great players, this type of thing

that'll be where moyes has no pull in the realms of guardiola, klopp, mourinho, ancelloti et al - they'll have to use finance to beat that until such time as moyes has such a track record, which could be either a very long time, or never

I think it's definitely a big deal to have a well thought of manager when you get to world class players. Players jump to play for Mourinho and Guardiola, they know they're the best bets for going down in the history books.

Behave - players go to Chelsea because of the money. Players go to Real Madrid for the club. Klopp and Wenger are some of the highest rated managers in Europe, they lose their star assets every single year because of money.

Half an Arsenal side went to Man City to play for  Mark Hughes ffs.

Look at the players that have made up the core of Man Utd's success in recent years. Put in similar positions, who couldn't they sign now? Maybe RVP? To a lesser extent Ferdinand perhaps? VDS, Vidic, Evra, Carrick, Hargreaves, Ronaldo, Tevez, Rooney they could all sign.

Players jump to play for Guardiola/Mourinho because the richest 2 clubs in the top 3 divisions in Europe. Let Mourinho manage Dortmund and the players would still leave.

Behave - players go to Chelsea because of the money. Players go to Real Madrid for the club. Klopp and Wenger are some of the highest rated managers in Europe, they lose their star assets every single year because of money.

Half an Arsenal side went to Man City to play for  Mark Hughes ffs.

Look at the players that have made up the core of Man Utd's success in recent years. Put in similar positions, who couldn't they sign now? Maybe RVP? To a lesser extent Ferdinand perhaps? VDS, Vidic, Evra, Carrick, Hargreaves, Ronaldo, Tevez, Rooney they could all sign.

Players jump to play for Guardiola/Mourinho because the richest 2 clubs in the top 3 divisions in Europe. Let Mourinho manage Dortmund and the players would still leave.

Half an Arsenal team went to play for Mark Hughes' Manchester City?

Try Adebayor and Toure.

Okay - both key players at the time. Did Clichy sign under Mancini? Mancini's a good manager but he's not in Wengers league.

But then again you're clearly just nit-picking. You haven't spoken about Wenger/Klopp losing their best players and not attracting world Xmas talents (Ozil aside). Or what built the core of Man Utd's latest successful side. Because you know I'm right, you just want to pick small issues.