Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Okay - both key players at the time. Did Clichy sign under Mancini? Mancini's a good manager but he's not in Wengers league.

But then again you're clearly just nit-picking. You haven't spoken about Wenger/Klopp losing their best players and not attracting world Xmas talents (Ozil aside). Or what built the core of Man Utd's latest successful side. Because you know I'm right, you just want to pick small issues.

It's another of your stating the bleeding obvious posts except this time you've decorated it with a factually incorrect statement .

Wenger got Santa Cazorla anyway he must be the worldliest Xmas talent .

Okay - both key players at the time. Did Clichy sign under Mancini? Mancini's a good manager but he's not in Wengers league.

But then again you're clearly just nit-picking. You haven't spoken about Wenger/Klopp losing their best players and not attracting world Xmas talents (Ozil aside). Or what built the core of Man Utd's latest successful side. Because you know I'm right, you just want to pick small issues.

To reply to your previous post, what the flying fuck is a world Xmas talent?

Arsenal were a team struggling to compete for the league title and having a constant battle to finish in the top 4 at the time, RVP left for the title winners who had been Champions League finalists the season before. I’m sure he received a nice pay rise as well but there were football reasons behind it.

I can’t really speak for Tiago but he left to join the best team in Europe who had recently appointed a manager who had been a mentor to him. I suspect that as with any transfer where the player is joining a ‘better’ team a pay-rise will have been given as he can’t have been on a great wage with his contract at Barca.

In terms of how Man Utd would be able to recruit a better standard of player than they currently have I’m sure a tour of the stadium and a quick look in the trophy cabinet will have a say. They are still one of the biggest clubs in the world and will still pay players top money. If they do manage to get Champions League qualification which still isn’t out of the question for this season they’ll have a fine standing with potential transfer targets

Autocorrect on the iPhone man. There's 100 words there for you to understand the context I'm referring to. I meant world class.

But go on keep nit-picking at small issues rather than address the salient point.

There is no salient point save players join Manchester City or Chelsea purely for financial reasons. I still think Manchester United's history is a massive pulling point and the same goes for Liverpool. Whereas Arsenal have Arsene Wenger as their pulling point.  I guess we have SJP and the loyal following as ours. Manchester United will still attract top quality players without the CL I would guarantee.

Autocorrect on the iPhone man. There's 100 words there for you to understand the context I'm referring to. I meant world class.

But go on keep nit-picking at small issues rather than address the salient point.

There is no salient point save players join Manchester City or Chelsea purely for financial reasons. I still think Manchester United's history is a massive pulling point and the same goes for Liverpool. Whereas Arsenal have Arsene Wenger as their pulling point.  I guess we have SJP and the loyal following as ours. Manchester United will still attract top quality players without the CL I would guarantee.

At the end of your day I agree with that last part.

I think for us, it's money mostly too.

No idea where Mata fits into that Man U side.

Phil Jones

Valencia Mata Rooney Januzaj Welbeck Kagawa Young

Van Persie