Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

if they're still in the race for the top 4 so are we :huff:

nah doesn't look terribly likely but I can't rule them out for some reason which is probably just they're Manchester United they can't keep being this bad (by their standards)

Top 4 looks beyond them, but I wouldn't put it past them being another English team to fluke a CL win and ultimately deny Liverpool or Everton a CL place next season. Moyes effing up in the league but winning what Fergie struggled to and getting one over Liverpool or his old club is an almost perfect script.

Top 4 looks beyond them, but I wouldn't put it past them being another English team to fluke a CL win and ultimately deny Liverpool or Everton a CL place next season. Moyes effing up in the league but winning what Fergie struggled to and getting one over Liverpool or his old club is an almost perfect script.

Too many good teams for them to fluke it.

Rooney's going in the summer. They can't afford to keep him for a year and let him walk on a Bosman. Vidic and Evra are out too, so it sounds like they're going to need maybe seven new Top 4 quality players. It's a perfect storm!

I think Man Utd are fucked personally, in terms of the title race anyway. At least until the summer after next season. They need to get new players in asap, but as soon as they do they then need to think about replacing some of their ageing players. It's Man Utd, so they can't just pick up players for £5m here and there, they need top quality. Look at their squad compared to Man City and Chelsea to see exactly how much improvement they need. Both of those teams will be buying players while Man Utd buy too. Their main problem right now is funding this restructuring, especially after already spunking over £25m on Fellaini who isn't good enough imo.

I never thought Moyes was a good fit for them when he was appointed, and I still don't think he is. They need someone who already knows how to build a title winning side rather than someone who needs to learn. They also need someone with a reputation that attracts big players because if quality is available then they're more likely to go to a Mourinho side etc than a David Moyes one, especially after he struggled this season. I still think they'll just about finish top 4 this season, but if they don't it'll be interesting to see how Moyes handles the pressure from the over privileged glory hunters.

One thing they won't get from me is sympathy. These people* think they deserve success, that they have a right to just take it and how dare they go one season without winning something. They've laughed in everybody else's face for years too and when they lose a couple of games in a row they like to tell supporters of less successful clubs how bad they have it. In an ideal world they would float around mid table for years and the glory seekers would fuck off to another sport, but it's not going to happen.

*Not all of their fans, obviously.

I think Man Utd are f***ed personally, in terms of the title race anyway. At least until the summer after next season. They need to get new players in asap, but as soon as they do they then need to think about replacing some of their ageing players. It's Man Utd, so they can't just pick up players for £5m here and there, they need top quality. Look at their squad compared to Man City and Chelsea to see exactly how much improvement they need. Both of those teams will be buying players while Man Utd buy too. Their main problem right now is funding this restructuring, especially after already spunking over £25m on Fellaini who isn't good enough imo.

I never thought Moyes was a good fit for them when he was appointed, and I still don't think he is. They need someone who already knows how to build a title winning side rather than someone who needs to learn. They also need someone with a reputation that attracts big players because if quality is available then they're more likely to go to a Mourinho side etc than a David Moyes one, especially after he struggled this season. I still think they'll just about finish top 4 this season, but if they don't it'll be interesting to see how Moyes handles the pressure from the over privileged glory hunters.

One thing they won't get from me is sympathy. These people* think they deserve success, that they have a right to just take it and how dare they go one season without winning something. They've laughed in everybody else's face for years too and when they lose a couple of games in a row they like to tell supporters of less successful clubs how bad they have it. In an ideal world they would float around mid table for years and the glory seekers would f*** off to another sport, but it's not going to happen.

*Not all of their fans, obviously.

Can't believe people are still saying this  :lol:

No chance whatsoever.

They are chasing 3 teams for that 4th spot. and are starting 6 points behind them with 16 games to go. and their European duty to comeback (and they are likely to at least advance to last 8 in CL) which means even extra games.

They are of course in the race (and so are  you lot if you don't sell Cabaye), but it'll be a massive task as they need 3 teams to bottle it and fuck it up, and not only one.

Guest Howaythetoon

Short-term they are a bit f***ed, but long-term they will always be in with a shout of the league and CL simply due to their resources. They need to get rid of Moyes first though, because there is no chance in hell he is capable of winning such honours.

No chance whatsoever? It's January and they're 6 points behind.  There's no reason why they can't go on a good run when Van Persie and Rooney return. They've a lot of catching up to do, but it's not beyond them.

No chance whatsoever? It's January and they're 6 points behind.  There's no reason why they can't go on a good run when Van Persie and Rooney return. They've a lot of catching up to do, but it's not beyond them.

I hear what you're saying, but for me they don't even pass the eye test.

They've looked poor all season, and even going back to pre-season in fact!

Even when Rooney and Van Persie were available they still didn't look that great.

Morale is now super low and I just can't see them getting out of this funk.

Can't see it, but to be fair to you Arsenal were on less points than us at the same time last season. They managed it.

Even when Rooney and Van Persie were available they still didn't look that great.

All true, the biggest factor for me though is they have lost the fear. Teams would go to old Trafford and already lost before KO but now most genuinely believe they have a chance.

All true, the biggest factor for me though is they have lost the fear. Teams would go to old Trafford and already lost before KO but now most genuinely believe they have a chance.

Their away form hasn't actually been too bad, comparable to some previous seasons for them. But as you say, they have no fear factor, and they don't know what to do about teams giving them a game at Old Trafford. They are used to at least 15 home wins a season with a good proportion of those sides not even trying to give them a game. Mick McCarthy literally didn't even try once - just played the reserves.

I swear I watched a performance there under Roeder where the intention was just to get no injuries and not get stuffed. Now teams like West Brom are going there and actually giving it a go, and they don't seem to be able to handle it.

Ferdinand 35, Evra 32, Giggs 40, Vidic 32, Carrick 32, Van Persie 30.

I know they have a lot of talented youngsters but that is a fair few key players who are getting on a bit/picking up a few few knocks, add Scholes who has just retired.