Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Will they ever be the dominant club again? I think at best, they'll just be on a par with Man City & Chelsea as one of a few clubs capable of winning things. Ferguson was a legend, they'll never get that back.

The league goes through stages where one side will dominant for a period of time, Man Utd will have their turn again in the future, no doubt.

Will they ever be the dominant club again? I think at best, they'll just be on a par with Man City & Chelsea as one of a few clubs capable of winning things. Ferguson was a legend, they'll never get that back.

The league goes through stages where one side will dominant for a period of time, Man Utd will have their turn again in the future, no doubt.

May be but not for the last length of time...You just have to look at how Liverpool changed.

And that Januazi kid, f***ing hell. People think HBA is greedy.

Who cares, he still ran the show for them every time they attacked. He was literally Man Utd's only threat. Yes there was a couple of situations where he shot at distance when he could have brought the ball further in or slipped another player in but he's only 18, plenty of time to learn decision making. Picking out that point from that game, is woeful stuff. Wouldn't have even got to pens if he hadn't stepped up and got them back in it with a lovely 1-2 then cross.

Did he bollocks. He was constantly throwing himself on the ground, giving away free kicks and shooting from anywhere when there were far better options.

May be but not for the last length of time...You just have to look at how Liverpool changed.

Well it's hard to imagine any club doing it for that length of time again, that's why it's remarkable when it does actually happen. It is just one big cycle though and Man Utd's turn will come back around again.

Who cares, he still ran the show for them every time they attacked. He was literally Man Utd's only threat. Yes there was a couple of situations where he shot at distance when he could have brought the ball further in or slipped another player in but he's only 18, plenty of time to learn decision making. Picking out that point from that game, is woeful stuff. Wouldn't have even got to pens if he hadn't stepped up and got them back in it with a lovely 1-2 then cross.

Did he bollocks. He was constantly throwing himself on the ground, giving away free kicks and shooting from anywhere when there were far better options.

Took the corner that led to goal, created the best chance of the game with Hernandez then produced magic to get them to pens. Who else for Man Utd did any damage in the slightest, he ran the show for Man Utd to the extent it was like a one man team going forward. Not just this game either, been like that for a couple of month.

Took the corner that led to goal, created the best chance of the game with Hernandez then produced magic to get them to pens. Who else for Man Utd did any damage in the slightest, he ran the show for Man Utd to the extent it was like a one man team going forward. Not just this game either, been like that for a couple of month.

What was his tracking back like?

Couldn't tell you, don't really pay attention to that part of his game. Could have just stood on the half way line all game and i wouldn't think any less of him. Not his job to defend.

Couldn't tell you, don't really pay attention to that part of his game. Could have just stood on the half way line all game and i wouldn't think any less of him. Not his job to defend.

Is it a FB's job to support the attacks?

Thought he was mince last night - but when he stopped being a little shit and hit the byline they got a goal, only took 120 minutes. Dropping him for Mata would make sense for a while. Let him come back down to earth. He's been an arsehole since he played for England.

Depends if you have instructed them too, there job is to defend primarily. Some managers like a FB with the attacking qualities and place a lot of emphasis on this, others are happy for them to concentrate on their position and let the wingers do their stuff.

An example would be Jose and Chelsea...he likes his FB's to defend and not venture forward all gung ho. Martinez at Everton gives his FB's the license to roam and support.

Thought he was mince last night - but when he stopped being a little s*** and hit the byline they got a goal, only took 120 minutes. Dropping him for Mata would make sense for a while. Let him come back down to earth. He's been an arsehole since he played for England.

He's an 18 year old kid and basically carrying Man Utd. The criticism of him is madness in my eyes. I didn't think he had one of his better games last night yet he was still Man Utd's best attacking threat and looking the biggest danger for them the whole game.

Depends if you have instructed them too, there job is to defend primarily. Some managers like a FB with the attacking qualities and place a lot of emphasis on this, others are happy for them to concentrate on their position and let the wingers do their stuff.

An example would be Jose and Chelsea...he likes his FB's to defend and not venture forward all gung ho. Martinez at Everton gives his FB's the license to roam and support.

Not the Chelsea i've watched this season. Lots of their width comes from their FBs.

Think you've just fallen for a common myth there.

Welbeck, industrious as he is, can't strike a ball with any decent power/accuracy (not just based on the penalty, but it certainly typified it). I know he's more of a support-striker/team player, but if you have the ambitious of a top half PL team (let alone where Man Utd think they should be), you can't really afford the luxury of a striker who can't hit a ball (cf. Shola).

Has he ever scored one of those where he steps inside and tries to find the far corner?

I basically said i couldn't give a s*** if Januzai doesn't track back, if i was manager, i wouldn't want him tracking back too much. That's not his game and i'd want him as high up the pitch as possible. That's not just him though, whoever i thought my most creative attacking player was, i'd give them the freedom they need without putting pressure on them to defend.

Not the Chelsea i've watched this season. Lots of their width comes from their FBs.

Think you've just fallen for a common myth there.

Well i have to disagree, their job under Jose is to defend, that's priority. I'm not saying they won't cross the half way line but you'll rarely see one so far out of position because they've attacked too much, like you may see with managers who want their FB's to attack.

From the start of this, i'm not sure what your point has been. Do you want to see Januzai tracking back? Do you think Man Utd should have more cover for their fullbacks or should their full backs support more? What actaully is your point?

Daniel Taylor

‏@DTguardian

Moyes said players decided between themselves who took the pens. No complaints that senior players (Evra, Valencia, for eg) ducked out

An absolute disgrace from both the senior players and the manager, essentially hanging the likes of Januzaj and Rafael out to dry.

Not really. Normally players step forward and decide themselves. I remember vividly Cesc Fabregas TELLING Del Bosque he was taking the 5th penalty. Del Bosque had a look on his face of "well.... okay... if you say so".

Making players take penalties when they don't want to, ensures they will miss regardless. Not that the other lads did any better for Man Utd.

I'm not saying they'll not challenge and win titles again. I just think the days of them winning 3 titles in 4/5 years are gone. Too much competition now and the one factor which set them apart from the competition has now left.

IMO the gloss of being Man Utd./Champions/Fergie's Boys has exposed the players. Some of them realising they are not as good as they thought and consequently playing even worse as a consequence.

It's confidence. Confidence in scoring, defending, attacking. They've lost all of that Man Utd. swagger. Part of it is down to Moyes no doubt, he's not a bold manager. He doesn't give players that swagger and belief. But the shite defending, poor finishing etc. isn't his fault.

I rate Hernandez as a poacher. And from what i've seen from him with Mexico, while not talented at holding up and bringing others into play he has a lot of effort and at least tries. In this team he looks hopeless. Nervous. I'm sure that's the same with most of them.

Last summer was a shambles for them, the Fabregas chase turned into farce and Fellaini hasn't continued on from his days at Everton where he mostly looked a handful.

They need reinforcements. They might be in top four if they had Ferguson in charge but then again, maybe he was clever with the timing of his retirement.

I'm not saying they'll not challenge and win titles again. I just think the days of them winning 3 titles in 4/5 years are gone. Too much competition now and the one factor which set them apart from the competition has now left.

When Wenger goes I can only see one of the oil barrens winning it, year after year. If not for Fergie, that dreadful City team last season (levels of performance wise) would've won the league by default.

Last summer was a shambles for them, the Fabregas chase turned into farce and Fellaini hasn't continued on from his days at Everton where he mostly looked a handful.

Always been an average CM. Handful at AM as a bulldozer.

Should be alright as a flat track bully then.

Flat track bully indicates some genuine athleticism.

How? A flat track bully is used for sportsman who perform against weeker opponents but struggle at the higher level. Greame Hick is generally considered a flat track bully for that reason, athleticism doesn't really have to play much of a part in it.

Flat track bully indicates some genuine athleticism.

How? A flat track bully is used for sportsman who perform against weeker opponents but struggle at the higher level. Greame Hick is generally considered a flat track bully for that reason, athleticism doesn't really have to play much of a part in it.

Fair do's, I had the meaning mixed up. It doesn't apply to Fellaini in any case. He's bang average at CM and doesn't dominate anything at PL level.  His physicality makes him a good focal point at AM however. Can really push teams back. Bundle goals in and generally cause problems. At CM his lack of footballing ability means he can get outplayed by a Tiote with ease. Let alone a Yohan Cabaye.