Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ill lay my cards on the table.  They will spend big and will ne near the top but they wont be the force they once were.  Those days are over.  I think moyes will be sacked next season and theyll be on the look for a new man.  Itll be some time before they find the right man.

Ill lay my cards on the table.  They will spend big and will ne near the top but they wont be the force they once were.  Those days are over.  I think moyes will be sacked next season and theyll be on the look for a new man.  Itll be some time before they find the right man.

They will get a huge name on the world stage you can guarantee.  My guess would be Guardiola.

Guest Roger Kint

Problem is they need a virtual back four plus the other areas. Not often teams get 3/4 new defenders and hit the ground running. I can see them matching 4th but as a challenge? Will take a lot of luck and £££

They rake in so much money they'll always be a huge club IMO.  Would be best off changing managers sooner rather than later though I'd say, can't see it working out for Moyes now.  Think they might give him another year though.

Guest Roger Kint

Agree :thup:

Cant see much to stop players wanting to play for them, money and the prestige will be enough for the short term

I mean really £60m a year just for the kits then throw in shirt sponsor, training kit sponsor, training ground renaming (why just why would you do that) and the numerous lower level sponsorship deals they have with a shit ton of companies in most countrys in the world, the brand is all encompassing and raking in money by the truck load and it ain't gonna stop any time soon. And if you have money you can be competitive with any club, let alone one with the kind of history Manchester United have. I'd be admiring of this set up if it wasn't so infuriating.

I mean really £60m a year just for the kits then throw in shirt sponsor, training kit sponsor, training ground renaming (why just why would you do that) and the numerous lower level sponsorship deals they have with a shit ton of companies in most countrys in the world, the brand is all encompassing and raking in money by the truck load and it ain't gonna stop any time soon. And if you have money you can be competitive with any club, let alone one with the kind of history Manchester United have. I'd be admiring of this set up if it wasn't so infuriating.

:mung:

People are seriously underestimating Manchester United and their pulling power here. They are historically one of the biggest clubs in the World if not the biggest. They will get their transfer targets without CL football as long as Moyes or whoever is allowed to spend.

Not really its just that to get these players they will have to beat teams with even more money and just as much pulling power historically.

It's not as if they are going after players we want, they are going after players Barca, Madrid, Bayern and so on and so forth want.

Their pulling power isn't an advantage when they are going up against people with just as much pulling power.

They're trying to compete domestically first. It's Chelsea, Liverpool,  Arsenal and Manchester City they've got to outperform in the transfer market. And generally they will irrespective of CL qualification position. They and Liverpool are the biggest clubs in England. Absolutely no doubt about that.

Never denied any of that, just if the Pogba rumors are true, their pulling power is not gonna give them much of an advantage over Real Madrid etc etc.

Of course they will still always remain competitive as their brand is so f*cking huge but can they beat the likes of Bayern, Barca and Madrid to players? its a legitimate question to ask tbf.

They'll not do a Liverpool like. They'll not dominate like they used to jus for the simple fact Chelsea & Man City in particular can spend what they want as well. Think titles & cups will be shared between those 3 in particular once they sort themselves out on the pitch again.

People are seriously underestimating Manchester United and their pulling power here. They are historically one of the biggest clubs in the World if not the biggest. They will get their transfer targets without CL football as long as Moyes or whoever is allowed to spend.

Not really its just that to get these players they will have to beat teams with even more money and just as much pulling power historically.

It's not as if they are going after players we want, they are going after players Barca, Madrid, Bayern and so on and so forth want.

Their pulling power isn't an advantage when they are going up against people with just as much pulling power.

They're trying to compete domestically first. It's Chelsea, Liverpool,  Arsenal and Manchester City they've got to outperform in the transfer market. And generally they will irrespective of CL qualification position. They and Liverpool are the biggest clubs in England. Absolutely no doubt about that.

Never denied any of that, just if the Pogba rumors are true, their pulling power is not gonna give them much of an advantage over Real Madrid etc etc.

Of course they will still always remain competitive as their brand is so f*cking huge but can they beat the likes of Bayern, Barca and Madrid to players? its a legitimate question to ask tbf.

The Pogba rumours have absolutely nothing to do with Manchester United and their pulling power though . I'd say it's more a hell hath no fury.... reason.

He's s****.

I'm now starting to get behind the thinking that he shouldn't be starting for England at the World Cup.

You should just stop thinking if that's the case. We don't have many world class players, so let's just not start our stand out one, makes sense :rolleyes:

The one who has done absolutely nothing of note for England for years now aye?

I'd be more than happy to see front three of Welbeck - Sturridge - Sterling.

Rooney spends far too much of his time in an England shirt going on radge mode and trying to shoot all the time.

The one who has done absolutely nothing of note for England for years now aye?

I'd be more than happy to see front three of Welbeck - Sturridge - Sterling.

Rooney spends far too much of his time in an England shirt going on radge mode and trying to shoot all the time.

Only around 10 behind England's all time leading goalscorer? Which you would probably fancy him to get given there's a fair few years in him yet, unless you're in charge and have him dropped of course.

He'll probably break Shearer's Premiership record as well but that doesn't mean he's as good as Shearer was either.

He hasn't done it for England when it mattered (apart from Euro 2004) so I'd be more than happy to try something different.